Panasonic Lumix LX7 Thread

That sucks. What's the problem??

Every now and then I get a glare in the top left hand corner. It appears on the screen and on the subsequent photo. Def not a sun-related thing because it has occured in shadow and inside. It can appear, then disappear when the camera is turned off and then back on.

527853_10152723071955305_1392705770_n.jpg

Ricardoaforce and Phil Young your photos are superb.

Been looking at getting a LX7 to replace my X10.

Can I ask, if indoors when taking photos of say children, the focusing is quick. I find this is the main problem of the X10 that focusing indoors is very slow and a lot of the shots are blurry. My wife, who takes most of the photos of our children, is getting very annoyed.

Ricardoaforce and Phil Young your photos are superb.

Been looking at getting a LX7 to replace my X10.

Can I ask, if indoors when taking photos of say children, the focusing is quick. I find this is the main problem of the X10 that focusing indoors is very slow and a lot of the shots are blurry. My wife, who takes most of the photos of our children, is getting very annoyed.

I probably wouldn't be very successful taking action shots with it... it has a decent AF tracking but not really for fast moving things. DSLR all the way for that I'm afraid...

For what it does it does very well but fast AF isn't one of them (not a slouch by compact standards but it would seem like forever in DSLR standards).

I probably wouldn't be very successful taking action shots with it... it has a decent AF tracking but not really for fast moving things. DSLR all the way for that I'm afraid...

For what it does it does very well but fast AF isn't one of them (not a slouch by compact standards but it would seem like forever in DSLR standards).

Got rid of all my DSLR gear and wife wouldn't go back to having one.

Nightmare this and costing a small fortune. You would think it would be easy getting a decent compact camera for taking a few snaps of the kids.

I find the LX7 focusses much quicker compared with the LX3, Canon S95, S100, Nikon P7000, Oly XZ-1, Fuji X100 and X10, especially in darker conditions, but as Phil says, it doesn't track as well as my D700, but the shutter lag on the LX7 is minimal. I have found the LX7 as quick as a Nikon J1/V1 (with standard 10-30mm zoom) and it is small enough to keep in a jacket pocket.

So far I get more keepers from my LX7 compared with my X100, but when I get it right with the X100, it's superb.

I'm still using a LX3, but on the verge of getting a LX5 or hopefully even an LX7, the focusing speed has never been an issue for me tbh, but then again if i was shooting sports etc i would use my DSLR

Ricardo, you're getting decent results from a (semi) broken camera !

Did you handhold "Buenos Amigos" ?

That shot was handheld. I keep having to turn the camera off and then back on to get rid of the problem it has. I've booked it in for a warranty repair, just need to mail it off now. Real shame because I really like it.
If you look closely you'll see the above pano of La Seu suffers from the vertical banding mentioned before.

I find the LX7 focusses much quicker compared with the LX3, Canon S95, S100, Nikon P7000, Oly XZ-1, Fuji X100 and X10, especially in darker conditions, but as Phil says, it doesn't track as well as my D700, but the shutter lag on the LX7 is minimal. I have found the LX7 as quick as a Nikon J1/V1 (with standard 10-30mm zoom) and it is small enough to keep in a jacket pocket.

So far I get more keepers from my LX7 compared with my X100, but when I get it right with the X100, it's superb.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I've pulled the trigger and ordered one from DigitalRev. If the wife can't get on with it I'll just keep it for myself :)

Ordered on Sunday from DigitalRev, got a shipping email yesterday with tracking link. Arrived at Heathrow late last night. Just got a message saying out for delivery.
Incredible delivery times and all the way from Hong Kong.

DHL man arrived with it at 13.40, amazing better them Amazon prime :)

Was wrapped very well, I've got a good supply of bubble wrap now :)

English manual and even a UK plug lead.

1st impression, it is very small and I got a white one which looks nice and girly.

Battery on charge so waiting for that although the weather is rubbish so will spend a few hours setting it up for indoors use.

1st impression, it is very small and I got a white one which looks nice and girly.

Battery on charge so waiting for that although the weather is rubbish so will spend a few hours setting it up for indoors use.

Weather is NO excuse for not taking photos. Enjoy it!

I was very impressed by DR. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again, superb service.

:eek:(

Last edited:
Back