Panasonic Lumix LX7 Thread

Seriously cracking shots. Thinking of selling my 550D and buying one as i dont use the Canon.

935072_10152865592585305_1878444492_n.jpg

945720_10152865593020305_1728419386_n.jpg

I have spruced up my LX7, making a brilliant little camera into a great little camera.....IMVHO.

Not cheap, but I find it well worth it.

I've added a LVF2 Viewfinder, an (OEM) DMW-FA1 Filter Adaptor Kit and a UV(c) filter.

The lens nows goes in and out without being prompted 'Remove Lens Cap....' and the UV(c) protects the front element.

The EVF is a dream, giving 100%..... no more blank LCD's in bright sunlight either.....Oh, and it swivels 90 degrees for low down shots,

IMG_0150 (2)-RS by Dave in Wales, on Flickr

IMG_0151 (2)-RS by Dave in Wales, on Flickr

Last edited:
I didn't know you had one too Dave! I just checked, that viewfinder is pricey!

I have spruced up my LX7, making a brilliant little camera into a great little camera.....IMVHO.

Not cheap, but I find it well worth it.

I've added a LVF2 Viewfinder, an (OEM) DMW-FA1 Filter Adaptor Kit and a UV(c) filter.

The lens nows goes in and out without being prompted 'Remove Lens Cap....' and the UV(c) protects the front element.

Hi Dave, can I ask where you got the DMW-FA1 from (and the price) please ? I am planning to pick up an LX7 soon, and would like to be able use filters with it, like I used to with my old LX3...

Looks like a great little set-up you have there.

Great shot mate. Should have AE bracketed this one!!

Cheers!
The Handheld Not Shot mode effectively does that whilst combining the images. I found that its result wasn't as good as shooting wide open in A mode.

I love that one Phil. (y)

Ricardo, your images are excellent and have a crispness that I struggle to get with my LX5. Could I ask you how you have your LX7 set up for the majority of your shots?

Andy

Thank you. Like with my D7000 I almost always shoot in A mode. If I'm shooting handheld I have stabilization on. Always try to keep the ISO low and that's about it.
I've been without the little beast (again) for a few weeks now. It has a fault that has yet to be identified. It's going to be sent back to me (unrepaired), then DigitalRev will be sending a courier to collect it. They want Panasonic HK to inspect it before they decide on a solution.
Not happy at all. I really could have done with it over the last couple of weeks.
I'd have love to be have been able to use it during Las Hogueras, the bullfight and the fireworks. So many missed opportunities.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Ricardo and I'm sorry to hear that the camera is still not fixed :(. It will be interesting to find out what the fault was caused by but I hope you get the camera back/replaced long before that.

Andy

Thanks for that Ricardo and I'm sorry to hear that the camera is still not fixed :(. It will be interesting to find out what the fault was caused by but I hope you get the camera back/replaced long before that.

Andy

Thanks Andy. So do I. It has taken the shine off it that's for sure. But if I get it back or a new one, and all is well I'm sure I'll fall back in love with it.

Back