Panasonic LX100

JL have replied back to the price match! Now to get any thoughts of the A6000 or RX100 M3 out of my head before hitting the buy now on the LX100!

I just want a simple set-up to capture family moments be it at home, going to the park, restaurants, museums or zoo etc for when I don't want to carry/use the D750.

Have JL agreed to match price,good news if they have

@davvy JL have agreed to the price match. You should get your email today stating the same.

@badlywornroy are you trying to tip me over the edge? I am already in a fragile state of mind as it is....

The RX100 M3 had been the front runner for a while but the price of the LX100 seems to be drawing me in along with the slightly better ergonomics, EVF and extracting images from 4K snippets.

I should really go to JL and play with both before ordering but have only until the 7th for the double promotion.

Can I just say I am not a good photographer by no means but I have had he RX100 M1/2/3 and went back to buying another M1.as far as I am concerned the M3 does not warrant the price diff.
Its the Pan,LX100 that I have made my mind up on,after having all the LX series this one seems to have ticked all the boxes for me

" @badlywornroy are you trying to tip me over the edge? I am already in a fragile state of mind as it is.... "

I'm just playing devil's advocate

" The RX100 M3 had been the front runner for a while but the price of the LX100 seems to be drawing me in along with the slightly better ergonomics, EVF and extracting images from 4K snippets. "

You just need to be sure you are buying your chosen camera for the right reasons ? i.e not letting the current cashback offer 'blind' you.

Remember long after the purchase price is forgotten the bitterness of the wrong choice remains. :banghead:

I'm sure the LX100 is a smashing camera and I'm just teasing you.

Have fun with your new camera. (y)

. This Promotion is not available in conjunction with any other promotions.
MODEL - Existing Cashback (£/€) - Additional Cashback (£/€) - Total (£) - Warranty
DMC-LX100EBK - £50/ €70 - £50 / €70 - £100/ €140 - 5 Year Warranty
DMC-LX100EBS - £50/ €70 - £50 / €70 - £100/ €140 - 5 Year Warranty

Where does JL, Amazon et al get £200 from?

Ignore me I found it :oops: :$

Last edited:
Decided to press the trigger as i have not had GAS for ages.:)
Got it yesterday and charged overnight.
Taken a few shots in and around the house.
First impressions of the body is that it is very well made, feels good in the hands, dials, switches all have a reassuring solid click to them. Not too big - not much bigger in width and height than the XF1 but it is the bulk that makes it less pocketable.
Advantage of the shape and size is that it can be picked up by the lens as well as the body.
Nice day at the moment so maybe chance for a few golden hour shots later.

Following are SOOC jpegs, no pp at all other than a crop of the XF1 shot.

P1040011 by Superpippo0547, on Flickr

P1040015 by Superpippo0547, on Flickr

P1040016 by Superpippo0547, on Flickr

P1040020 by Superpippo0547, on Flickr

Very nice. Just got mine a couple of days ago and I agree with what you have said too. Still tweaking a few settings.

I took this in very low light pub (where Guy Fawkes was born) in York at the weekend to confirm the LX100 low light performance. The picture was a quick snap hand held. Im not showing it for photographic prowess or composition!

P1000077_zpsttwgn8h0.jpg

I took this in very low light pub (where Guy Fawkes was born) in York at the weekend to confirm the LX100 low light performance. The picture was a quick snap hand held. Im not showing it for photographic prowess or composition!

P1000077_zpsttwgn8h0.jpg

Nope but now we know what you drink :p

What,!!! Not the Timothy Taylor bolt maker? 2014 Supreme Champion Beer of Britain.
I found it slightly disappointing when I tried it at 2014 GBBF, to be honest. Not bad, but didn't knock my socks off.

Yes, I tend to agree. Landlord is still hard to beat if kept well
True, but I think it suffered from the success of it's CBOB award - they ramped up production and I'm not sure the consistency was maintained.

For me, my go-to beer I always have at home (although I like to try lots of new beers too) is Fuller's ESB. For a beer <6% ABV it packs a huge amount of flavour. I'd rank it in the world's top 10.

I was working for one week on skye and took the camera along for a first outing. Overall very pleased. Some little details are annoying such as customisation lost each time you turn the camera on off. I would like the camera to remember the simple setting such as which focus mode and which focus point i was using. The panorama mode seemed to be pointless and create horrible results (users errors?). Beeing small sensor even at 75mm f/2.8 the depth of field for portrait is nothing close to a crop sensor or full frame at equivalent lenght and aperture.

But overall really good. Love the crop factor selector on the lens. Love using it with auto iso or in aperture priority and then use a bit of exposure compensation if the results seems a bit too dark/bright.

I've just made a thread you can see some picture there:
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/day-off-on-skye-panasonic-lx100.602760/

Thanks

That's odd, I've had nothing but excellent results with the panorama mode?

hmmm I need to try it again then, mine were awfull just really badly stiched and clearly wrong but i didn't try for long.

I don't think there's much setting up to do, or really see how user error can come into it - I always take them with the camera in portrait orientation and pan left to right - this equates to the in-camera panorama option of selecting the one with the arrow facing upwards if I remember correctly...... one shutter press to start, and another to finish, or it'll finish on its own once you've panned 180 degrees if you only press the shutter button once..... only other thing I noticed was you need to pan quite slowly or it'll stop the sequence, probably due to not having enough frames/information to work with.

Would be interested to hear how you get on......

Last edited:
That's odd, I've had nothing but excellent results with the panorama mode?
Same for me not one failed one yet due to poor execution of the panorama feature.

Also posted this in the Landscape sub forum.

Still getting to grips with the LX100, and not feeling like I am getting the best from it yet, mostly due not getting enough time, but quite like this one :

Bisect by Gary Smith, on Flickr

I've had my LX100 for a couple of weeks now - I'm very pleased with it! Great to have so many accessible controls, however I do find the aperture ring a bit tricky to adjust though, and it would have been great with a tilting display for low-level shots. I found this blog to have some useful tips > http://cameraergonomics.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/setting-up-lx100-part-4-custom-menu.html

Quendale Beach Sunset, LX100 by John Moncrieff, on Flickr
Panasonic LX100 Macro Shots by John Moncrieff, on Flickr
Panasonic LX100 Macro Shots by John Moncrieff, on Flickr
Dead Gannet, LX100 by John Moncrieff, on Flickr

Back