Panasonic LX100

Gutted, lost my LX100 at three weeks old in Skala Greece this week.

Just been working my way trough a backlog of snaps in LR (sorry for the bombardment of images) - the camera really impressed me on holiday and the only failings are my understanding of the operation of the camera and general photography skills .........

P1020675 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Week # 33 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

P1020542 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

P1020512 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

P1020441 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

P1020397 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

P1020338 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

P1020258 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

If only it had a tilty screen....could be my next camera

I have enjoyed looking back though this thread. The insurance company have sent my replacement LX100 which is sat unopened. I'm so irritated with myself for leaving it or someone picking it up I'm not sure I want to risk it again. It such a wonderful and compact camera with excellent control functions and to my eye beautiful results, as going back through this thread has shown.

I thought I would miss a tilty screen as used on my EM1 but surprisingly I don't.

I tried one of these at the weekend, twisted the dial and tried to shoot wide open. Having looked at the image the data showed f2.1. Has anyone got any ideas why it has done this?

I tried one of these at the weekend, twisted the dial and tried to shoot wide open. Having looked at the image the data showed f2.1. Has anyone got any ideas why it has done this?

AFAIK it's a variable aperture zoom rather than a constant aperture so maybe your aperture was limited because of the focal length which was selected? Could this be the case?

If only it had a tilty screen....could be my next camera
What do you mean? The LX100 does have a tip up screen. It's a bit fiddly to pop out with that little button at the bottom in the middle. But I use it all the time on mine.

Well had you guys waited before replying we could have reeled a few in. Rushing to their camera bag searching for that precious button.

Last edited:
After being told here that that the panorama never miss. I tried again and only got some rubbish results. I was on a boat and it was a bit windy i will try again in an easier environment but i haven't had one success yet. The rest of the camera i really like but what i find really annoying is why none of the simple setting are recorded in the camera such as jpeg/raw, drive mode, focus point, as soon as you turn the camera off or that it turn itself off you in to re-put the setting in. I really think these simple setting could be preserved once turned off.

Right, I've been looking at these for a while now, to take with me on business trips where space in my laptop case is at a premium (especially going abroad). Had a lens I recently returned to WEX at I didn't like the handling once I had it, and didn't realise that WEX don't give you any money back when you return an item, just a credit against more gear :-(

So I was looking the other day what to spend the money on and saw an Open Box LX100 there for almost the same money as I had in credit so hit the button.

Not arrived yet (should later on today).- anything I need to be aware of on this little gem - any recent firmware updates for instance that need applying, any tips from seasoned users ?

Excellent :D Enjpy ! and Happy Birthday !!!

Heres a "few" from recent bike rides
Some good shots there and as a group revolving around the early morning bike ride, they form a good narrative.
For its size, I think that it is remarkable little camera and it obviously suits your need for a camera suitable for a bike ride.
Good stuff [emoji6]

nice shots there Jon I hope I can get as competent as you with this little gem
It is such an easy camera to get going and has lots of features to explore as you get used to it.
Although not trouser pocketable, it fits easily into combat/ walking trousers, a small shoulder bag, a jacket pocket. I take mine with me most of the time which is important.
Hope you enjoy yours.

Thanks both :D

It is such a great camera for the size and I keep learning every time I use it :) I also like being able to flick everything to Auto and had to the wife or kids to take some snaps too !

You're right its a perfect size to slip into my rucksack when off out for a ride and also spends a lot of time in the glovebox when out and about - just in case

just looking at screen protectors,looked on the forum nobody seems to mention which type actually fits proper someone on another forum said the protector for the g3 was a better fit,using the glass protector

Any good deals or suggestions for where to get one of these at the moment? £550 is the best deal on CameraPriceBuster at the moment.

Back