People & Scenery 2009

I'd be glad if we never see Tony in his 365 again, no offence intended Tony so please don't take it that way.

I'm doing a 365, variety is the key. I've had a few of my dog but that was purely as a last minute filler shot. I think it's been the repetitiveness of the same pose in the same room that hasn't had many people watching your thread.

039/365

039365.jpg

It's buddy

Didn't get to the beach today, but atleast it isn't a photo of me :)

A week later we have four of you and three of your dog. All at home.
I keep checking back in the hope of seeing something with a little more thought put into it but unfortunately there hasn't been.

A week later we have four of you and three of your dog. All at home.
I keep checking back in the hope of seeing something with a little more thought put into it but unfortunately there hasn't been.

Yup

Have not had time to get down to the beach

What about stepping outside your house? Who takes the dogs for a walk?
What is in your garden?
It would be a real achievement for you if you could move this on from a shot of you just before bed. Take your camera out and about with you, use it to show us what goes on in your life, what you enjoy, what frustrates you.
Put something of yourself into this.

What about stepping outside your house? Who takes the dogs for a walk?
What is in your garden?
It would be a real achievement for you if you could move this on from a shot of you just before bed. Take your camera out and about with you, use it to show us what goes on in your life, what you enjoy, what frustrates you.
Put something of yourself into this.

I could take two little nutty jack russels for a walk, they bark at anything and want to chase cars all the time :LOL:

Im always a bit worried about taking photos in a public place, do not know why

Tony

Nutty jack russells barking at stuff would make a few great pics.
As for being too scared to take your camera out, isn't this what a 365 is all about? Pushing yourself to do stuff that you haven't done before or stuff that doesn't feel particularly comfortable?
You don't need to go to busy places or take photos of strangers if you don't want to, but what did you get a camera for? What do you want to take photos of?
I am sure when you got your camera the plan was not to have hundreds of photos of yourself looking half asleep, or do you really only enjoy looking at photos of you?

I could take two little nutty jack russels for a walk, they bark at anything and want to chase cars all the time :LOL:

Im always a bit worried about taking photos in a public place, do not know why

Tony

Tony you used to take pictures of all sorts of things get out there and take pictures otherwise you wont learn anything form your experience.

Having said that well done for getting this far :)

Tony, I don't know the Norfolk area at all, but I bet there are some great landscapes not too far away. You could take your camera and drive out to a likely place and just photograph what you see (with your back to your car, please). There'd be nobody around to watch you, or make you nervous. :)

That's Plan A.

Plan B. Stay in the house and take your camera into, say, the kitchen, and take a photo of the kettle or toaster. You could put some bread in the toaster and try to get the shot as it pops up. I know this isn't scenery (as per your 365 title) but I'm sure people would let you off that technicality. Then you could spread the toast with jam and photograph that, too. Then you could eat it as a little reward. :)

Plan C. Stand in the garden with your camera and take a photo of your house.

There are lots of photo opportunities all around you. It would be great to see you make use of them. :)

Jean

The last dog picture is very cute :)

I used to worry about going out with a camera when people were about too, until I had to do a school project where I ended up in the middle of a busy town (Mansfield) photopgraphing subways and lamp-posts. Yes, I got some very funny looks and comments, but I just got on with it and after a bit I just wasn't bothered.

I go to Norfolk every year, the coastline is great for photography. We always seem to find miles of coast where there's no-one around. Interesting things wash up on the beach, loads of boats, patterns in the sand, birdlife etc etc ... and I've seen some stunning sunrises. I've never seen so many stars on a clear night as I have in Norfolk :)

As Jeangenie says, there are loads of things to photograph around the house if you don't manage to get out. I forget whose 365 I was looking at but someone did an image of kitchen utensils and did lots of processing on it and it was brillliant. I've also seen good images of coke cans, bottles etc. Things like water dripping from a tap, steam from a cup of tea, spiders, houseplants ... the list is endless :)

Just trying to give you some ideas. I've ended up with some myself now! :D

040/365

040365.jpg

Drove over to hunstaton today, took three exsposers because i was just getting blown highlights and it was looking to be a pointless trip but then i thought of the good old bracketing and went from there :)

Oh yeah and, no picture of me or my car or my dogs :LOL:

Tony

:clap: We have a break through!

Now keep it up Tony. I challenge you to do 7 days straight of pictures that are not of you, your dogs or your car :D Come on you can do it!

congratulations:woot:

i quite like that last one tony, i would lighten the grass on the right a bit, but well done and heres hoping for many more

:clap: Well done Tony (y) And a pretty good photo too :)

A nice shot that last one. Tell you what - if you stop takin g photographs of yourself every day thewn I will stop photographing myt frogs every day too ;)

Tony - well done, well done, well done

1 'well done' for taking on board what friends on here have been saying to you. :clap:

2 'well done' for getting out to a brilliant location - that sky is great :clap:

3 'well done' for taking a photo with an interesting composition and with lots of components for people to comment on. :clap:

:banana::banana::banana: Really pleased for you.

How do you feel about today's picture?

Jean

041/365

041365.jpg

Created by copying a raw file 3 times and put it in Photomatix and changed the E.V spacing to 4

I drove all the way to wells for this today, i am trying my hardest to get out everyday for my 365 :)

Tony

Last edited:
Tony good on you for these last couple of posts. Much more like it mate. That last shot looks like you've thought it through and created a good interesting shot. You must be so much more pleased with these, gotta be more satisfying than taking shots of yourself just before bed!

Keep it up mate (y)

lovely shot tony, and not over done. well done, perhaps a little sky at the top would have been nice, but looks good as is(y)

042/365

042365.jpg

Created by copying a raw file 3 times and put it in Photomatix

I drove to Hunstaton today, then see the lighthouse and thought i would get a photo of it and see if i can use it as my 365, And i did :)

Tony (y)

Last edited:
Another good'un, Tony. :clap:

You do this stype of composition well - the cafe and shop shot the other day was another good example.

The white of the lighthouse stands out well from the green and blue of grass and sky. The three strong colours, imho, make this an attractive stylish shot.

Well done, again, for getting out there and finding it. :D

Jean

043/365

043365.jpg

I went out in Snettisham today and got a photo of the church (y)

Tony

Last edited:
044/365

044365.jpg

American Pie Love It

I've got the box set and i watch it everynight, it's very funny and makes me laugh :LOL:

Tony

Last edited:
whats that green stuff behind mutley tony??:LOL:

congrats on actually getting started on this and going out for photos, keep going at it, they are a lot better(y)

That green stuff would be grass mate, what was you thinking it was? :LOL:

Thanks (y)

Aw thats really sweet of the pooch. Now I have to get out and about more myself as I promised to not photograph my frogs all the time if you got out and about too.:D

Back