weekly Phil S 52 in 2020. Complete!

Not seen one of those before sounds complicated must be very hard to get film for 127 is not something you see anymore, good choice for the theme.

Lovely looking camera, I bet that was as futuristic as they come when it was launched! It clearly produces lovely images too.

Fascinating, and nicely captured in the mirror. I have a few old family photos of this size, so I'm guess they were 127 film then. Love the B&W pic too :)

Nicely worked picture Phil. One of my old bosses had a Purma. Not seen him for 30 years and not seen another Purma in that time either.

Phil

Trust the british to use such an odd ball way of controlling it.
look of the photo works well to show the age of the camera.

Pete

Not seen one of those before sounds complicated must be very hard to get film for 127 is not something you see anymore, good choice for the theme.
Lovely looking camera, I bet that was as futuristic as they come when it was launched! It clearly produces lovely images too.
Fascinating, and nicely captured in the mirror. I have a few old family photos of this size, so I'm guess they were 127 film then. Love the B&W pic too :)
Oh reflected, very good, I had initially assumed it was composited.
A very nice kinda low key shot, and bang on theme.
Looks like it takes a decent shot too :)
That sounds complicated! Looks like it still works nicely though!
Like that, great use of the reflection, an interesting camera, one I have not heard of.
Nicely worked picture Phil. One of my old bosses had a Purma. Not seen him for 30 years and not seen another Purma in that time either.
Phil

Trust the british to use such an odd ball way of controlling it.
look of the photo works well to show the age of the camera.

Pete
Thanks for all the comments.

Plenty of leaves in there, mistletoe is not something I see very often in the wild

I like the idea, but it's a little busy for my tastes. It perhaps found benefit from an isolation of one of the leaf / very clusters?

Hi Phil

Plenty of leaves in that photo. Maybe better if the beach leaves behind where more Out of Focus?

Pete

Nice Phil, as others have said, I've not seen that in the wild for many years either

Plenty of leaves in there, mistletoe is not something I see very often in the wild
I like the idea, but it's a little busy for my tastes. It perhaps found benefit from an isolation of one of the leaf / very clusters?
I see what you mean but wanted to show it growing on the apple tree

Hi Phil

Plenty of leaves in that photo. Maybe better if the beach leaves behind where more Out of Focus?

Pete
Nicely captured Phil. Don't get a lot of mistletoe around here either.
Nice Phil, as others have said, I've not seen that in the wild for many years either
Thanks for the comments. This was taken in Herefordshire - plenty around there.

Last edited:
Nice job, I had a similar idea (I do like a bit of weathered wobbly tin).

Plenty of nice textured in there Phil. (y)

Nice lines and textures there Phil :)

Some lovely detail in your image and well processed to make the most of the soft light.

Leaves - Mistletoe eh? Not something you see often outside of sprigs. Works well with the green against the autumn oranges.
Abstract - Nice old looking correlations there. Tin, Iron or Plastic?

Nice job, I had a similar idea (I do like a bit of weathered wobbly tin).
Nicely seen and taken. The rivets add to it making your eye follow the curve.
Plenty of nice textured in there Phil. (y)
Nice lines and textures there Phil :)
Nice job - great textures and shadows in there!
Some lovely detail in your image and well processed to make the most of the soft light.
Works well Phil, nicely processed.
Leaves - Mistletoe eh? Not something you see often outside of sprigs. Works well with the green against the autumn oranges.
Abstract - Nice old looking correlations there. Tin, Iron or Plastic?
Nice well thought out shot as always Phil
Abstract
Corrugated sheet does catch the light well.

Thanks for all the comments, greatly appreciated.

Social commentary on 2020 Phil?
Would be interested to understand why this is your showcase image, your thoughts and reasons.
The image to me reflects the wide reaching effect the pandemic has had this year, tells a story and hopefully is thought provoking.

Reactions: LC2
I can see why you've chosen this Phil and it will be a powerful reminder of 2020 in the years to come.

Social commentary on 2020 Phil?
Would be interested to understand why this is your showcase image, your thoughts and reasons.
Hi Phil, it will be strange looking back on 2020 photos. I really hope we get some normality back early on in 21!
It's definitely a photo to mark 2020.
I can see why you've chosen this Phil and it will be a powerful reminder of 2020 in the years to come.

Thanks for your comments.

That's a novel nativity (I must admit I don't recall the hedgehog, heron or squirrel in the story haha). Nice way to finish the challenge, good job.

A nice nativity scene to end the year on Phil.
Given your forthcoming house renovations, let's hope this isn't a portent to you sleeping in a barn too ;)
:coat:
I seriously considered reinstating "that Post" :p

A nice topical end to your 52 Phil.

Back