weekly Phil S 52 in 2021 - Week 8 - Half

Dirty: Unquestionably grubby! Well C'een (I'll get my coat!) I like the position of the switch within the frame.

Fruit: This image is somehow so graphic, you can almost see the dribble :ROFLMAO: I like the composition and detail you've captured.

Nearby: Very nice composition with the road leading through the frame to the church, and the fabulous sky. What a lovely place to be moving to!

Really like the simplicity & composition of Dirty. Works really well.

Upgrade? A moist cloth will do! That doesn't fit the brief because the brief is 'dirty' and that is bloody filthy, yuck! :)
I love that.

Please don’t ‘upgrade’ that’s great.

I am intrigued as to why it has a C on the end of the switch though.
I would say that swiitch has got character.

I like the framing with the space on the left.
Because you turn the light on and you can see... I'll get my coat...
Loving the dirty shot, great framing, light and subject.
That's a great shot. Some people overthink the theme.

This is an interesting old switch that's dirty, nicely framed.

Just one thing ... it's a bit shallow.
It's dirty alright, filthy and yucky, as my 2 years old granddaughter would say.
Painted Bakelite? That stuff is collectable nowadays isn't it?
Works for me. The lightness of the switch contrasts well with the background.
I like it - great subject (no upgrade needed!!) and nicely composed.
Dirty
I like the old style of switch.
I like the textures in the dark wood and the white (well nearly white) of the switch contrast well.
excellent interpretation of the theme, don't upgrade its stylish
Yep that's Dirty, a good interesting subject and the textures of the wood work well. So long as its Safe I seen no reason to upgrade it.
Great shot. Grimy as and a beautiful subject. No upgrade necessary!
Dirty: Unquestionably grubby! Well C'een (I'll get my coat!) I like the position of the switch within the frame.

Fruit: This image is somehow so graphic, you can almost see the dribble :ROFLMAO: I like the composition and detail you've captured.

Nearby: Very nice composition with the road leading through the frame to the church, and the fabulous sky. What a lovely place to be moving to!
Really like the simplicity & composition of Dirty. Works really well.

Thanks for all the comments.

Great action shot with the stone sharpening. Are you triggering the camera whilst carrying out the movement or using a timer?

Nice take on the theme :)

Nice take ...

I was going to say the motion blur makes it. But also I think I can see a close-up option without the blur. Hmmm ...

I like the texture in this and it's slightly abstract nature - works well in mono.

Great action shot with the stone sharpening. Are you triggering the camera whilst carrying out the movement or using a timer?
Camera on shutter delay and action started.

That’s a great choice for the theme, well done for thinking of that one , super action shot too.
Nice take on the theme :)
Nice take ...

I was going to say the motion blur makes it. But also I think I can see a close-up option without the blur. Hmmm ...
Great idea, nicely shot.
I like the texture in this and it's slightly abstract nature - works well in mono.
Stone
Well captured motion. There's nothing I would change.
Great idea and good motion blurr.
The motion blur really makes this picture. Very nice indeed.

Thanks for all the comments.

Lovely structure in the upper section Phil.

Stone: well done for thinking of something different. B&W works well and just the right amount of movement. I’ll bet that took a few attempts?

Tall: lovely wiggly branches on that tree. Nice contrasty pic with the blue sky - brings out the textures.

Excellent twisty tree it’s amazing how it got that high

Loads of interest there. Funny how tall is straight, normally, when we think of certain things like trees.

Lovely structure in the upper section Phil.
Stone: well done for thinking of something different. B&W works well and just the right amount of movement. I’ll bet that took a few attempts?

Tall: lovely wiggly branches on that tree. Nice contrasty pic with the blue sky - brings out the textures.
Excellent twisty tree it’s amazing how it got that high
That's a gnarly old thing.
Nicely shot. I quite like that you caught some green in the creepers growing up at the bottom.
That is properly gnarnled! Great subject.
What a lovely twisty tree, super choice for the topic, the blue sky is An added bonus.
Loads of interest there. Funny how tall is straight, normally, when we think of certain things like trees.
Tall
Really like the dangling down bits and the twisty bits.
A lovely tree picture Phil. You don't see that many Weeping Ash trees.

Thanks for all the comments folks. Sorry I have been busy with house selling / moving arrangements so not had time to comment back.

Nice group of three!

Nice amount of frozen snow covered leaves around the roots.

Choice
A shot that shows spring is on the way, but winter is still clinging on.

Looks a textbook capture with just the right amount of DoF, very pleasing image with nice lighting

Lovely group of snowdrops, taken from a nice low viewpoint. The snow adds to the shot.

Nice grouping of snowdrops, well exposed and good DOF. It's also very welcome to see a reminder that spring is on it's way.
Snowdrops in the snow - how lovely! Nothing to add, other than a good viewpoint!
Nice group of three!
Snowdrops in snow - love the low point of view and the background - very nice!
Nice amount of frozen snow covered leaves around the roots.
Choice
A shot that shows spring is on the way, but winter is still clinging on.
Looks a textbook capture with just the right amount of DoF, very pleasing image with nice lighting
Lovely group of snowdrops, taken from a nice low viewpoint. The snow adds to the shot.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Both on theme and both colourful. The subtle reflection on the work surface is nice.

We used to have a double letter box here on the Isle of Wight. One was for the mainland and the other for island letters. I think it's all one and the same now.

The pair of boxes ... good PoV on them. Grim BG.

CWOrange ... like the keyhole. The BG looks a bit murky.

Pair
A nice pair of post boxes, you don't see many like that, well not round where we live.

Film
Good take on the film.

Back