Weekly Photek's 2012 52 Week Challenge - Fear added

Name
Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi.

Thought I'd at least get the thread in place for the first of hopefully many entries to the 52 Week Challenge this year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S
Name
Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks guys.

Here's my take on Direction.

8 January 2012 by StewC, on Flickr

Tried a few ideas around road markings and maps/compasses but ended up resorting to a macro of my iPad keyboard dock which was the clearest set of cursor (direction) keys in the house.

Name
Lynne
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Stewart...great start to your project :clap:

Like the mono.....simple but effective image & right on theme...great use of DOF & sharp in just the right place...really good shot mister (y)

ps...please don't forget to update the spreadsheet if you don't mind....makes it far impler to track whos where & done what...link in the 1st post of the thread where the theme's are posted...I've updated wk 1 for you :)

OP
OP
S
Name
Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
Well here (a little later than planned) is Fear.

I had hoped to find one of Emma's dolls which had a particularly scary face. Unfortunately that one must be in the loft so I had to make do with one of her favourite toys and use some lighting and tweaking in CameraBag Desktop so that he would appear a little more sinister and scary that he really should - sorry Monkey!

17 January 2012 by StewC, on Flickr

Last edited:

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Direction : Clear, simple, and fits the theme perfectly. Mono suits it well

Fear : I think the lighting is excellent, the mono feel works perfectly... but... it looks either not quite sharp or possibly slightly blurred by camera movement (handheld ??)... I'm not sure. I think the feel fits the theme though.

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey Stuart - a great start to your challenge

A couple of well thought out shots, Direction has great use of dof, like the inclusion of the i-pad in the background rather than just the keypad

As for Monkey, even got some catchlights in his wikkle eyes - Great lighting and Pic

Look forward to seeing the rest of your 52 :)