Photo52 2010 - list of people taking part

I'm a little confused about how to get going with this? I'm a first timer. Will there be a new 2011 thread that is a sticky? and can anyone link the rules page as it's completely buried in here somewhere? ... or even better sticky it! Will the themes to a continued sticky so it is easy to find?

I'm a little confused about how to get going with this? I'm a first timer. Will there be a new 2011 thread that is a sticky? and can anyone link the rules page as it's completely buried in here somewhere? ... or even better sticky it! Will the themes to a continued sticky so it is easy to find?

Hi Eru !!!

The rules are stickied here in the "Competitions, Challenges and Inspiration" part of the forum.

Each week the theme will also be posted as a new thread in "Competitions, Challenges and Inspiration". The reason for a separate thread each week is to open it up for 52ers' discussion of the theme and to give them a place to offer each other encouragement on a weekly basis.

These threads won't be stickied because we'd soon end up with a full page of stickies (and the mods have enough to do) !!!!
But don't worry. That part of the forum is well controlled in terms of what goes in there, so the theme will always be easy to spot and won't drop off the edge of the page.

Dawn (drodd) is at the moment very kindly putting together a list of 2011 participants - so once that is done, that can be stickied here too!

Last edited:
Ah cool. Its ok I didn't expect all the individual threads to be stickied just the rules and users. Looking forward to see it all progress.

Hi Eru !!!
Dawn (drodd) is at the moment very kindly putting together a list of 2011 participants - so once that is done, that can be stickied here too!

Glad I noticed that Sarah.

I was about to start with this years list :LOL:

Thank-you for taking up the gauntlet Dawn. I haven't had time up until now.

Andy

OK OK IM IN!!! I was going to do my own unthemed 52... but now im going to go for it with the rest of you! Can I be added to the list!!!

Thanks!!!!

Can you add me as well, I am running a couple of days behind due to work commitments...:(

I will be getting my shot and creating my thread tomorrow.....:)

Hi all,

I have just noticed that quite a few people are asking to be added to the list, even though this thread is titled for the 2010 list.

However, I just notices that SarahLee suggested that the 2011 list also be stickied here .... so I have copied the post I put on the Photo52 2011 - Join In thread earlier and stuck it here too.

I hope this works, as this is the first time I am trying this.

Here is a link to the spreadsheet I have created. I have set it so that it can be edited by members, so if you are new and want to add your name to the list, please do and copy the link of your thread into the 'Link' column and edit the URL link title to your name.

Members can also use this to update the 'Week' Columns. Perhaps if you put a 'x' in the relevent column as you complete a week/theme. That way everyone can see where people are up to and go and comment on your photo.

I hope you can see this and work with the sheet and that it is going to be useful.

If there are any problems with is, just let me know and I will sort it out when I return from work later today.

The names in red are those who have expressed an interest, or have created a link but not uploaded their first week. You can change the font colour as you update the sheet.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhTphN7dSXDadEtvTm5idXo2ajZTOVI5Qy01VU10a1E&hl=en_GB&authkey=CK7rjrAE

You will notice that there are 2 tabs at the bottom indicating the relevant worksheet for the Themed 52 and the Personal 52.

I welcome any suggestions to the spreadsheet and if you find it is not working, even though I don't have the full technical knowledge, I will try to help you.

It might be an idea if we can have this as a sticky thread so that people can see it without having to trawl through this thread to find a link. I can creat a thread for such a sticky if needed.

Good luck all with your projects.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Last edited:
Glad I noticed that Sarah.

I was about to start with this years list :LOL:

Thank-you for taking up the gauntlet Dawn. I haven't had time up until now.

Andy

Hiya Andy,

Thanks, and not a problem, I thought I would give you a break this year :LOL:

What a mission it was compiling the list to capture everyone's names and the links to their threads. I think you might just have the job back next year :D

The spreadsheet I have created should be pretty much interactive, so if someone updates it then everyone who is taking part will be able to view the updates.

My guess is that not everyone will use the spreadsheet, but heyho it is there for those who find it useful.

Thanks for letting us tag this one onto your thread, may I make a suggestion that you rename the subject in the OP as some 2011 52'ers might not read this thinking that it only applies to 2010. Although I have noticed a few 2011 stumble in here to add their names :)

Cheers

Last edited:
I think it's usefull that spreadsheet. And for me I can see what's the theme without having to search and I update it for myself as well.

Hi all,

Thanks for setting this up Dawn, i find the spreadsheet good because it means i can visit the other Project 52 threads quickly and easily.

I just wanted to add a quick comment about another thread i read with the regards to the luck of comments being made, as i am very new to the photography world I have mixed feels about that thread. On one hand to receive comments about my work will help me a lot with getting better, but on the other hand I don't feel I can make comments on people's photo who have been doing it a lot longer than me. Just my thoughts.

Anyway here to a great year of photography :)

James

I think it's usefull that spreadsheet. And for me I can see what's the theme without having to search and I update it for myself as well.

Hiya, glad you find the speadsheet useful. Indeed it does make it easier to link to the people taking part. I will try to keep the theme/weeks up to date, if someone doesn't beat me to it :LOL:

Cheers

Hi all,

Thanks for setting this up Dawn, i find the spreadsheet good because it means i can visit the other Project 52 threads quickly and easily.

I just wanted to add a quick comment about another thread i read with the regards to the luck of comments being made, as i am very new to the photography world I have mixed feels about that thread. On one hand to receive comments about my work will help me a lot with getting better, but on the other hand I don't feel I can make comments on people's photo who have been doing it a lot longer than me. Just my thoughts.

Anyway here to a great year of photography :)

James

Hiya James,

You are welcome, I hope you find the spreadsheet useful.

The 'other' thread you are referring to is another threat I posted last night. Thanks for your comments regards same. I think that you will soon learn that commenting and critique of others images is part and parcel of the learning experience. What you need to remember is that it doesn't matter what level you are at regards 'photography'. What you need to think about is how you view an image from an onlooker point of view. I think that is the crit that most people value most .... after all you are trying to please with the image you produce. The crit is just part of the learning for you as the artist and to apply in future.

To start I was hesitant about leaving crit, but if you want to learn you need to speak your mind too, how else are you ever going to learn?

By leaving crit you are showing your own interpretation.

I think it is important that you finally get used to speaking your mind on an image. Don't worry, you don't have to use technical jargon ...... just say it as it is for you as the viewer, more often than not that is worth more.

Cheers

Last edited:
Some one posted up (but I can't find it ) about leaving feedback as it's so helpful & the idea of this challenge is to improve but it's just soooo damm hard trying to keep with all the new pics :) I also don't feel to confident giving tech type comments as I'm so new to all this, I know what I like/don't like but that's hardly helpful stuff....is it? So to all I've missed I apologise & will try harder in future !

Some one posted up (but I can't find it ) about leaving feedback as it's so helpful & the idea of this challenge is to improve but it's just soooo damm hard trying to keep with all the new pics :) I also don't feel to confident giving tech type comments as I'm so new to all this, I know what I like/don't like but that's hardly helpful stuff....is it? So to all I've missed I apologise & will try harder in future !

Hi Lynne,

I think you may be referring to the thread I posted, was it this one?

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=287970

Don't beat yourself up about not being able to keep up with viewing all the threads, after all there are a large group of us taking part in this Photo52, so far it is very well attended.

It is pressure enough trying to keep up with ones own thread, but in time you will get into the groove, so to speak, and when you read what others have commented you will soon see that it isn't too difficult, even if it is just to say yes you like a photo or no (but then it is best to probably say why you don't like it or think of something constructive to say of how you think it might be improved).

I never felt comfortable leaving feedback, especially when I was new to photography as I thought I would look foolish leaving, what I thought at the time would be insignificant comments. But the fact is, that the majority of people appreaciate all comments, even the ones that are not 'technically' related. It is encouraging for the poster to receive good feedback, but at the same time we are here to learn and the critique, even though it may sound harsh, it is generally not intended that way, so don't take it personally. The comment should be on the image, not on you as a person. If you ever felt that was happening, there is a Report button, which you can use to send to the Mods/Admins. But hopefully it should never come to that situation.

So for now I think you need to focus on your project and what you want to achieve from it, but try to make time to at least read what others are posting as that is a valuable lesson in itself.

Good luck with the rest of you 52, I look forward to following your progress.

Cheers

Please add me to your 2011 list when created, im on board!

Sorry to be a pain. I added myself to the spreadsheet, but am getting an error when trying to add the hyperlink to my thread.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=288864

Hi Mark, I have sorted out your link on the spreadsheet.

Is it to late to join in?

Hi Aaron, have you decided if you are joining in the 52?

Please add me to your 2011 list when created, im on board!

Hi I have added you to the spreadsheet and updated the weeks you have completed. Link to the spreadsheet here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhTphN7dSXDadEtvTm5idXo2ajZTOVI5Qy01VU10a1E&hl=en_GB&authkey=CK7rjrAE

Cheers

Hiya,

Just a quick note to let you know that I have done a bit of housekeeping on the TP 2011 Photo52 spreadsheet, so those who added their names at the bottom of the list, you will now find your names in the alphabetical listing, I have also corrected some of the links for consistency and put those who were hightlight in red, but have now posted their themes, to black.

I apologise if I have missed someone off the list, if so, please let me know and I will add you to the list.

Cheers

can you please add me ive only got 2-3 weeks of experience but i will try and get better as the year goes on. i know i will start on week 4.
thanks

can you please add me ive only got 2-3 weeks of experience but i will try and get better as the year goes on. i know i will start on week 4.
thanks

OK Joe, once you have started your thread, let me know and I will add you to the spreadsheet, if you don't need help adding your name to the list you are welcome to add your name and link.

Cheers

Dawn

Last edited:
Evening all,

I'd love to join you all in these challenges.
Could someone please add me to the spreadsheet?

Thanks
Ian

Can I enter, too? I'm only a newbie, so hoping to improve as the year goes on. I'm started in week 8.

Can I be added to the main group please. I am playing catch up but would like to be included.
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=328064

Hiya Andy

No problem .... we are nearly half way ... but heyho if you want to catch up good on you. Alternatively you can join in now and just run your 52 from now until mid next year. It is your project ..... you set your own rules and we just bat you from high heaven when you post :LOL:

Notice you added us on flickr, thanks I've had a peek at your pics (y)

I'll add you to the spreadsheet if you want so you can indicate what weeks you have completed.

I'm sure we will see you here in Photo52 land .... would be great if you can find time to pop past some of the active members and see what they have been up to over the weeks, you may just find some inspiration and also pick up a trick or two from the comments.

Welcome on board

Cheers

Hiya Andy

No problem .... we are nearly half way ... but heyho if you want to catch up good on you. Alternatively you can join in now and just run your 52 from now until mid next year. It is your project ..... you set your own rules and we just bat you from high heaven when you post :LOL:

Notice you added us on flickr, thanks I've had a peek at your pics (y)

I'll add you to the spreadsheet if you want so you can indicate what weeks you have completed.

I'm sure we will see you here in Photo52 land .... would be great if you can find time to pop past some of the active members and see what they have been up to over the weeks, you may just find some inspiration and also pick up a trick or two from the comments.

Welcome on board

Cheers

I already addded myself to the spreadsheet. I was after the link on the first post of the thread. Also can you tell me the best way to view peoples submissions as it's very hard trying to find them.

Back