Photo52 2011 - Join In !!! - Week 52 and special bonus out now -

I have just had a peek at this week's theme and think I might just battle with this one, unless I some how send my camera into space to capture my life in motion :LOL:

OMG have to get my thinking cap on for this one .... it could take some time, unless something presents soon!

Good luck all!

Cheers

Dawn :thinking:

Hi, Dawn, I saw this thread in my Gmail and thought week 8 was out already, I got a bit giddy....:wacky:

Edit: bugger, it is out...chaos...none of that in our house...;)

I agree regarding editing the spreadsheet.

Good luck with your proposed business...(y)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hiya Andy,

Quick get the camera out and take a selfie .... that could be quite an appropriate Chaos pic, especially if you are giddy (just don't forget the Costa ..... hmmmm coming to think of it..... that could be chaos for you if one day you got to Costa and they didn't have a coffee for you) :LOL:

Yep, re the spreadsheet, your PM is one of them that spurred me into thinking I need to revisit the activity, so hopefully I will be able to come up with a solution that suits all. Thanks for the promt.

Thanks also for the well wishes about the new business venture .... I have my work cut out for me this year.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Well, the toughest theme yet I think. Look forward to seeing everyone's portrayals

:agree: I am currently working on my submission for this week, but purely because it is the one thing that comes to mind re choas for me.

Not sure if it will pan out, and I may have to give it some more thought, but at least it is keeping pre-occupied tonight.

Glass of wine and some photos .... with the odd choccie now and again for comfort I am in my element (sad I know but it beats going to the pub :LOL:)

Cheers

My twins just came home from being away for a week. This one is going to be easy. :)

My twins just came home from being away for a week. This one is going to be easy. :)

:LOL: chaos indeed, I am looking forward to the outcome :D

So the theme is chaos? Where is the theme I cant seem to find it?

Dear god...only one idea & just discovered I haven't got a clue how to shoot it :bang: Maybe a joker week me thinks

Lissa : if you look in the very 1st post on this thread you'll find the list of weeks & their themes(y)

My shot will be a late submission this week. I'm going away for a week so will try to shoot something while I'm away and post it in week 9 as well as my week 9 shot. Got an idea for this week but will be using a compact camera so slightly more restrictions than usual.

Hello. I'm new to the forum. Is it okay for me to start submitting photos? I'm a complete amateur and have only had my DSLR for a few weeks now, so mine will be rubbish compared to some of the gorgeous captures I've seen on here. Nevertheless, I would like to submit mine.
What is the easiest way to submit my images?

Last edited:
Sorry for being a bit dim, but which topic/forum are the photos submitted to? Is it all on one specific forum, or do we just submit them on a new topic. :puke::exit:

Hi Jackie

welcome aboard & good luck with your camera ,this site is generally very helpful & a mine of information :)

I take it you want to start on a " 52 " project ? As far as I can see you can join in whenever you like & play catchup with the missed themes if you want to but it's entirely up to you .
The 1st post in this thread gives all the details for the 52 Challenge & is updated each Saturday evening with the new theme for the following week

Go in to General Photo Sharing & from there in to Personnal projects & challenges thread .In there click ono New post ,title up with 52 Challenge week 1 or 3 or 7 whatever ,upload your photo for the theme you are staring with & thats it .Peeps will check in & comment/crit etc & it's much appreciated if you do the same to others threads :)

When you upload each new theme photo you just go into your 1st post & edut the title so people know your new photo is posted ,simples(y)

If you don't want to do a 52 ignore all the above & just post your pic's in the relevant section ie Birds,Wild & Free by starting a new post

Hope this helps ,any prob's gimme me a shout ,cheers,Lynne

or do what Ray said :)

Thanks for the help Ray and Blondie. Yes I am thinking of entering mine into the "52" although as a COMPLETE beginner, I'm not expecting much! :cool::LOL:

JackieC said:
Thanks for the help Ray and Blondie. Yes I am thinking of entering mine into the "52" although as a COMPLETE beginner, I'm not expecting much! :cool::LOL:

Join the beginner club. I've found it an effective Way to learn and try new things. :)

Jackie, you're from Leeds so we expect you to maintain the high standards of the Leeds members...;)

Cheers.

Oh dear. :eek: That's a high pedestal to maintain myself on! :LOL:

Thanks, Ray. I'll have a look.

Oh dear. :eek: That's a high pedestal to maintain myself on! :LOL:

Thanks, Ray. I'll have a look.

Hiya Jackie,

Take no notice of Andy (Posiview), you go at your own pace and most of all enjoy!!!

BTW welcome to the Photo52, I'm glad that my fellow 52's have guided you in the right direction as to posting etc, etc .... thanks guys and gals.

If I can just emphasise one thing .... remember to change your OP to reflect the week you are posting, as sometimes that is the one thing that is forgot (which is easy to do) and then when peeps check their 'subscribed' posts may miss your latest addition.

Also .... not sure if you are aware of the spreadsheet that we have where we you can mark the weeks you have completed, where I have taken the liberty to add you to the list. Link to the spreadsheet here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhTphN7dSXDadEtvTm5idXo2ajZTOVI5Qy01VU10a1E&hl=en_GB&authkey=CK7rjrAE

Good luck with your project and look forward to seeing your photos.

Cheers

definately a hard task this week I was stuck for ideas until it came to me in a flash of inspiration and even topical too, think my week 8 is my best pic so far. I am really enjoying the 52 challenge makes you think about your pics and plan them

Thanks, Drodd. If I get the time, I am hoping to 'catch-up8 on the other weeks themes.

Hiya Jackie,

Take no notice of Andy (Posiview), you go at your own pace and most of all enjoy!!!

BTW welcome to the Photo52, I'm glad that my fellow 52's have guided you in the right direction as to posting etc, etc .... thanks guys and gals.

If I can just emphasise one thing .... remember to change your OP to reflect the week you are posting, as sometimes that is the one thing that is forgot (which is easy to do) and then when peeps check their 'subscribed' posts may miss your latest addition.

Also .... not sure if you are aware of the spreadsheet that we have where we you can mark the weeks you have completed, where I have taken the liberty to add you to the list. Link to the spreadsheet here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhTphN7dSXDadEtvTm5idXo2ajZTOVI5Qy01VU10a1E&hl=en_GB&authkey=CK7rjrAE

Good luck with your project and look forward to seeing your photos.

Cheers

Ppffttt, all Dawn says above is correct, but we call need a gentle prompt now and again...so get out and do theme 1...;)

Ppffttt, all Dawn says above is correct, but we call need a gentle prompt now and again...so get out and do theme 1...;)

I'm going to try. I work a lot of shifts and nights and finding the time is sometimes difficult. Hoping for some inspiration this weekend. :)

Hiya Sarah,

Thanks for the notification of week 10's theme :)

It will be interesting to see how many triptychs surface for this one :D

Cheers

Well , I resisted the temptation to do a triptych ,great theme & possibly one of the easiest , certainly for me at least (y)

Dawn....I remember you posting about possibly arranging a 52'ers meet but with the logistics of where people are it seemed a no-go?

What about a 52'ers meet by area ? Cut the country in 4 or by county might be more do-able ?

Well , I resisted the temptation to do a triptych ,great theme & possibly one of the easiest , certainly for me at least (y)

Dawn....I remember you posting about possibly arranging a 52'ers meet but with the logistics of where people are it seemed a no-go?

What about a 52'ers meet by area ? Cut the country in 4 or by county might be more do-able ?

I'd be up for a meet, however it's arranged, so I can glare at those who have posted really great photographs...:D

Cheers.

Hiya Lynne,

That sounds like a do-able suggestion, perhaps we can get something organised.

Will give it some thought, but yep I would be up for a meet.

Cheers

posiview said:
I'd be up for a meet, however it's arranged, so I can glare at those who have posted really great photographs...:D

Cheers.

If I did that I'd just be glaring at everyone all day, and that'd just be creepy.

Would be really good to get some meets sorted , nice to spend a few hours with like minded folk so we can pick brains & ask daft questions face to face . Maybe even get some hints & tips from the more experienced peeps ?

Could divide the country by bands upwards or in to 1/4's ?

If Posiviews coming I guess it'll need to be near a Costa :D

Really struggling :( with for the 52 challenge, not had time for the "finish" theme and looking at my damned work schedule "Trio" doubtfull. But will catch up next week as i have well deserved week off.

think the meet up is a great idea, can count me in. (y)

Back