Photo52 2012 : Join In !!! : Week 52 Busy

Half minded at the minute.. Will sleep over and decide soon :) not sure if I can do it??

Now up online : http://www.flickr.com/groups/1899290@N22/ (called it "Talk Photography's Photo52 2012")

If the name does not suit the moderators it can be changed, along with the group description. (copied from the photo52 thread) Will add more details etc tomorrow night including threads on there for the themes et al! :D

Start requesting membership and be the first person to add to the group! :D

If the Mod's are ok with it then please could they add the group link to the main Photo52 page please? :D

Last edited:
Do it...(y)

It's a commitment and hard, but you'll get loads out of it.

Cheers.

I second this! you will learn SO much by doing it! :D

I'll give this a go, hopefully can fit it in with work & college

McShug

Now up online : http://www.flickr.com/groups/1899290@N22/ (called it "Talk Photography's Photo52 2012")

If the name does not suit the moderators it can be changed, along with the group description. (copied from the photo52 thread) Will add more details etc tomorrow night including threads on there for the themes et al! :D

If the Mod's are ok with it then please could they add the group link to the main Photo52 page please? :D

I'm in. Failed hard in 2011 as I only got about 8 weeks done :)

Having got my 1st DSLR in Feb last year, I decided this would be cool to do but by August I'd failed to keep it going, so this year I'm going to give it another shot from the beginning. Count me in.

Last edited:
Will there be a spreadsheet like last year to add our names too?

Last edited:
I have received a special request from my dear friend and fellow 2011 Photo52'er Lynne (Blondie 606) to generate an online spreadsheet, similar to what we had this year, for the 2012 team.

... I think if I produce the sheet by next weekend we will capture the majority of those partaking in the New Year.

Will there be a spreadsheet like last year to add our names too?

See above. I think drodd will be compiling a spreadsheet. :)

So after much deliberation I have taken my first shot and decided to join the challenge. I need something to invigorate my Photography which seems to have gone a bit stale lately.

My thread is here, Week 1 is up already.

Last edited:
The group has been updated everyone, so start adding your photos! :D

Li have started a thread but think I have posted to wrong place!! Can someone help??

Request to join sent (y)

Do it...(y)

It's a commitment and hard, but you'll get loads out of it.

Cheers.

I second this! you will learn SO much by doing it! :D

Thanks :)...think I'll do it...if not all 52, will atleast try 26 weeks. Will go back to the rules thread and find out how to enrol etc. as not very up to date on this side of the forum.

Looking forward (y)

Thanks :)...think I'll do it...if not all 52, will atleast try 26 weeks. Will go back to the rules thread and find out how to enrol etc. as not very up to date on this side of the forum.

Looking forward (y)

Go for it! I reckon you will enjoy it that much, by week 26 you wont want to give up!

Sounds like fun :)

Is there a Flickr group to submit the images to?

Cheers
Nigel

Hi Nigel, welcome to tp :wave: Enjoy doing the 52 wk and I will look out for your thread (y)

Hiya all you happy 2012 Photo52'ers

I have received a special request from my dear friend and fellow 2011 Photo52'er Lynne (Blondie 606) to generate an online spreadsheet, similar to what we had this year, for the 2012 team.

I'm happy to compile same for you all ..... but will only have time next week to do the spreadsheet..... especially as there will still be new team members joining in the New Year .... I think if I produce the sheet by next weekend we will capture the majority of those partaking in the New Year. It isn't a problem to add new ones to the list, it would just mean they will have to PM me to add their name if they don't know how to do it themselves.

Good luck to you all ..... I am still in 2 minds as to whether to attempt another Photo52 this year ..... but I have so many other ideas I wish to pursue (and most of you will find yourselves in the same position towards the end of the challenge and know what I mean).

I will be following your progress. I am going to subscribe to ... hopefully all of your projects and will pop past to offer c&c.

Most of all ....... Enjoy the experience and learn as much as you can.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hi Hun....you are an absolute STAR :ty: I'm a numpty with spreadsheets ( & most things computer based ) so REALLY REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE you doing this :clap: Last year it was a godsend for keeping track of who's done what & makes it far easier to leave feedback .

On the subject of Feedback.....I initially found it very intimidating to say anything other than "Good Shot " as I didn't have any idea on the technical side of photo's .

I'm still not that up on it but I know what I like & what just feels "off " to me....what I try to do is say the positives of what I'm seeing then give the crit of what I'm not so keen on but always try to finish on a good note . Nothing is ever said to be nasty or plain rude .

& there are so flippin many threads I for one am finding it hard to keep up...so far it's 1/2 day to take,process & upload my shot then at least 6 evenings just to leave feedback :eek: I always feel guilty if I miss someone , so in advance.....
APOLOGIES TO ANYONE WHOSE THREAD I'VE NOT YET POPPED IN TO....:crying:

It is good to see so many people taking the plunge.... be even more interesting to see how many make it to the final week....lets get everyone to week 52 people (y)

Flickr request sent :D

Yikes....it's hard to keep track on the threads....blooming loads of them so I'll appologies if I miss anyone.

Hopefully Dawn's (Drodd) spreadsheet will make it easier to locate current (and active) projects...so don't forget to update it when it's done...(y)

Pop by my 52 and comment...promise I'll reciprocate...(y)

Cheers all and from what I've seen so far some really interesting interpretations.

It's a bit crazy isn't it. I really wanted to see everybody's work, going to spend one evening a week going through the list I think.

Hi Hun....you are an absolute STAR :ty: I'm a numpty with spreadsheets ( & most things computer based ) so REALLY REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE you doing this :clap: Last year it was a godsend for keeping track of who's done what & makes it far easier to leave feedback .

On the subject of Feedback.....I initially found it very intimidating to say anything other than "Good Shot " as I didn't have any idea on the technical side of photo's .

I'm still not that up on it but I know what I like & what just feels "off " to me....what I try to do is say the positives of what I'm seeing then give the crit of what I'm not so keen on but always try to finish on a good note . Nothing is ever said to be nasty or plain rude .

& there are so flippin many threads I for one am finding it hard to keep up...so far it's 1/2 day to take,process & upload my shot then at least 6 evenings just to leave feedback :eek: I always feel guilty if I miss someone , so in advance.....
APOLOGIES TO ANYONE WHOSE THREAD I'VE NOT YET POPPED IN TO....:crying:

It is good to see so many people taking the plunge.... be even more interesting to see how many make it to the final week....lets get everyone to week 52 people (y)

Hey babes ..... get with the programme (you know you can do it ..... as you have already successfully completed the challenge in 2011)! Don't get all stropz with me now ;) ...........we have 4 men to contend with who, I am sure will all be feeling soz for themselves ........ so we will need to apply our 'non medical' techniques to take advantage of them :LOL:

Last edited:
Edit: deleted as posted in the wrong thread.

Last edited:
I'll get my coat...:exit:

There are even less days than before until 'The Meet!'

:D

Hey Andy, I hope Jackie don't take offence, but I am going to give you the biggest hug ever ..... you are such a great friend!!!!

Luv U, Jacks and Issie!

And look forward to catching up with you again next week.
Luvz

D x

Michael, I have had the impression of you being the 'Angel Gabriel' ..... that is until this post (which has taken even me by surprise ...... you are a dark horse babes .... and I like :) ....... you fit in with our team - specially the 2011 team, well :D

Now ...... I am thinking the alternative!

Maybe I shouldn't be so kind to you :bat:;)

Dx

Back