Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

That first picture, the top of the wall looked like the end of the road and a sheer drop when I first looked at it.

Hi, the roads in this mountain village are very narrow here, and drivers must take great care ...

Hi, the roads in this mountain village are very narrow here, and drivers must take great care ...
I once made the mistake of sitting in the right hand front seat on a coach driving through the Tyrol.

You know, the one in front of the front wheels... :wideyed:

I just found a new place to walk myself and my dogs it's about 10 miles from me but boarders on the Severn valley Railway and the Safari park at Bewdley ( I should be able to climb over the fence into the Lion enclosure and get some good shots !) My Sony seems to be giving some strange results (strange colours and blowing the Highlights something chronic) So it was a struggle to process these to work so I've just returned it to factory settings as I couldn't see anything that was wrong ! Hopefully it's not dead !!!

DEV4A.JPG
DEV1A.JPG

DEV2A.JPG

DEV3A.JPG

Hi, my morning shopping (bred and paper) at the local supermarket :

DSC07075-a7-5-c.jpg

There are many sparrows here (crop, upscaled from 500p) :

DSC07073-a7-5-c.jpg

The Reformed Church in Thusis :

L1032445_DxO-z35d-4-c.jpg

Cemetery :

L1032450_DxO-z35d-28-c.jpg

Bridges across the Albula gorge (railway bridge in front) :

L1032460_DxO-z35d-56.jpg

The old road bridge :

L1032468_DxO-z35d-56.jpg

That looks very much like Alf from a US TV sitcom. He had a preference for eating cats, so the cat with the arched back is spot on!
It does !!! - ALF = Alien Life Form ! A great fun evening TV show.

That looks very much like Alf from a US TV sitcom. He had a preference for eating cats, so the cat with the arched back is spot on!
Those stone carvings are recent replacements for the original 11th century ones that would have been damaged by us in the 100 years war or the French protestants in the religious wars. Some of the early ones look like the stone masons were addicted to crystal meths.

Here is Centaur the hybrid man horse.....

DSC_2543156.jpg

Medieval sex.......

DSC_2544157.jpg

And someone's bum......

DSC_240929.jpg

I went for a surf there once . . . Travelled down from South Wales and stayed at Cherry Tree campsite. Surf was big !
It was super windy yesterday which I quite like as I think it kept the crowds away from the beach - the north end of the beach was far less windy than the Woolacombe end where the RLNI were on duty IMG_1177.jpg

Hi, I took a postauto ... :

L1032473_DxO-L35c-28-c.jpg

... up into the mountains, just below the clouds, to Wergenstein :

L1032475_DxO-L35c-4-.jpg

I got out at Mathon, and walked :

L1032484_DxO-L35c-56.jpg

An Appenzeller Sennenhund, in Wergenstein :

L1032506_DxO-L35c-4-c.jpg

A 12mm view from Wergenstein :

L1032563_DxO-v12-8.jpg

A panoramic beer, to start my lunch :

L1032568_DxO-v12-8-c.jpg

Last edited:
Cleaning the Courtyard Part 1...

Our tiny courtyard is feeling rather sorry for itself, so today, I started The Great Refurbishment. Small as it may be, it's going to take several days to sort it out. At least now, you can see the bricks which form, for want of a better word, the patio...

Cleaning courtyard FZ82 P1010475.jpeg

Cleaning the Courtyard Part 2...

No sooner had I gone inside than Andy's Little Helper appeared, apparently delighted with all the goodies my pressure washer had uncovered, so I grabbed this shot through the still wet window...

Blackbird FZ82 P1010470.jpeg

Back