Picked up my new camera today....a GF1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple from the lakes. Some with the 20mm and some with the Olympus 9-18!

20100918-P1000179.jpg

20100918-P1000184.jpg

20100918-P1000228-Edit.jpg

20100918-P1000256.jpg

Sky was crap all day :( Nice day out though :) The Olympus looks like it has potential. Should be able to get some good results in better light! EXIF should be in tact for all of the above.

Cheers,

I liked number 1 and really liked number 3. Number 4 was a no no. In number 2 I think it would be better if you used colour balance to punch the colours up a bit. There were some really nice brown areas which could be brought out. It looks a little bit flat to me.

I did notice that original post and did think it was a bit odd. A little like saying I must start my healthy diet, now where is the nearest patisserie. ;)

I just wanted to do some more reading really - I know that the folks on here are fab, but I don't even know where to start with the stupid questions, while I decide whether to go for a MFT camera!! Also, not sure that it would be a GF1, so that would steer me away from this thread really.

OK, so where is the nearest patisserie - I do so love cream cakes :D

Love 1 & 3 Rich, but not the out of focus willy in no.4! :LOL:

:LOL:

Bokeh Penis removed :naughty: And replaced with something more in-keeping with the theme. Many thanks for the comments. I agree about the flat colours in one of them. Very strong sunlight at that point in the day unfortunately. Can't win. Either the sky was white and I had to bring it out in post, or the sun was so strong that the pictures were flat :bonk:

Cripes, still missing?

You know the quickest way to find it - buy another!

Think I'm going to test that theory. :|

Interested in some more pics/thoughts on how the 9-18mm is on the GF1.

Rich - looks to me like a grad ND filter might have come in handy to keep the detail in the bright sky on some of those pics?

Last edited:
What I am a little disappointed in is the ability for the GF1 with the 14-45mm to be a Point and Shoot in general everyday conditions, such as in party mode.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what I could be shooting on, I've tried P mode but just don't get the results I want, all I want is something I can shoot quickly and easily. The results are very mixed to say the least. :(

What I am a little disappointed in is the ability for the GF1 with the 14-45mm to be a Point and Shoot in general everyday conditions, such as in party mode.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what I could be shooting on, I've tried P mode but just don't get the results I want, all I want is something I can shoot quickly and easily. The results are very mixed to say the least. :(

wibbly - in what way are the results mixed?

Try in Shutter Priority, with the speed set to maybe 1/80 or 1/60, and set it to Auto ISO.

The normal auto modes on the GF1 for some reason think 1/30 is a good shutter speed.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Graham, that's exactly the problem I've experienced. Looking at the exif data none of the photo's I've shot are above 1/30 of a second!

Looks like auto modes are not a great use for this type of thing...

I was reading last night that iISO is better than auto iso cant remember why but try it and see.

Reset iso as per Janice, also played about with other settings and got in a muddle so reset !

Took these two shots poking camera out of back door and shooting second one looks better to me ....

GF1 14-45mm Auto.

GF1 A8 14-45mm

Have not done any alts except reduce size for posting on here, comments welcome gentle please remember I was 77 yesterday so brain is getting thicker !!!

ISO was set to iA not auto...for both pics

Last edited:
Yes.. you will have to be "Unconvinced Canon Boy" :D

I'm fairly sure i will keep the GF1&20mm combo and sell the rest to go toward funding another dslr :bat:

A wise choice. The compliment a DSLR perfectly - but I could never see the GF1 replacing mine

I see my name being banded about here!! Am i famous now? :D :D

I am now seem to want to sell my GF1 with the 14 - 42 and 20mm lens for a LX5 as i dont see myself buying lens etc for it and i seem stuck on the 20mm So though about selling and get a LX5 for a mess about and portable camera and use my 40d for the big stuff.. So I should think the quality out of the LX5 will be quite good compare tot he gf1 with 20mm wont it?

Last edited:
I am now seem to want to sell my GF1 with the 14 - 42 and 20mm lens for a LX5 as i dont see myself buying lens etc for it and i seem stuck on the 20mm So though about selling and get a LX5 for a mess about and portable camera and use my 40d for the big stuff.. Thinking selling whole lot for £570 inc postage a good price?

Andrew two things:

1) I believe it's against the rules to post possible sales outside of the trader forum.

2) Let me know if you do post it in the trader forum (send me a link) as I may be interested.

Andrew two things:

1) I believe it's against the rules to post possible sales outside of the trader forum.

2) Let me know if you do post it in the trader forum (send me a link) as I may be interested.

I not too sure but i have edited my post a bit as i dont want to be in trouble..

Will let you know when i put it up on the market :)

This thread has become a behemoth, I think it's time to close. Feel free to start a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back