Polaroid obsession

Like the shot, good to see Polaroid is still alive and kicking, as for you "for sale" reference, it is against the rules, all sales must be confined to the classifieds, it may be as well to remove your reference to the sale before the mods come along and do it for you, it's best to keep them happy and feed them occasionally with :jaffa:

Last edited:
You need to put that in the classifieds...

EDIT Oh, Nick's said it better. But... you've made it hard for him to delete the post by quoting it!

Last edited:
I have a Polaroid 355 Automatic Land Camera, but I find FP-100C a bit too inflexible to use - in general, I shoot very little ISO100 film in 35mm and 120 format as well. Probably will get rid of it in the next purge of cameras.

However, I do love the novelty of instant film, so I'm instead going to try and go down the Instax wide route, and see where that takes me. Anyone a regular Instax user?

I have a Polaroid 355 Automatic Land Camera, but I find FP-100C a bit too inflexible to use - in general, I shoot very little ISO100 film in 35mm and 120 format as well. Probably will get rid of it in the next purge of cameras.

However, I do love the novelty of instant film, so I'm instead going to try and go down the Instax wide route, and see where that takes me. Anyone a regular Instax user?

I have an Instax and use it with the wide format film. Only as a special treat though because it's £20 for 20 shots :eek:

pier head
by rednorters, on Flickr

puddle
by rednorters, on Flickr

blue sky bird
by rednorters, on Flickr

Like the shot, good to see Polaroid is still alive and kicking, as for you "for sale" reference, it is against the rules, all sales must be confined to the classifieds, it may be as well to remove your reference to the sale before the mods come along and do it for you, it's best to keep them happy and feed them occasionally with :jaffa:

Thanks its removed :)

I have an Instax and use it with the wide format film. Only as a special treat though because it's £20 for 20 shots :eek:

I just bought an Instax 100!

The film is currently £13.60 for 20 shots on Amazon - still expensive, but not any worse than Fuji FP-100C. The second shot is great!

I just bought an Instax 100!

The film is currently £13.60 for 20 shots on Amazon - still expensive, but not any worse than Fuji FP-100C. The second shot is great!

It's nice for a treat though :) A roll of Provia plus development comes in at around 13 quid. Both are special treats for me.

I need to be banned from ebay!!

I love mine, had my grandparents 635 which is mint for years, now have a couple of packs of '09 original film left to get through.

have recently bought a 101 land camera which is great, got some fuji 1000b film for that, (have colour in the post) as well as a portrait kit for it.

Am finding myself looking at px-70's now. cannot afford but they are so pretty haha.

How do people find the impossible project film now? I know the early stuff was a little unstable and don't want to be wasting more money then I have to!

Having never owned a Polaroid before I have now bought two in the last four days... Picked up a 600 and a 1000 and have since seen just how expensive the film is! The 600 came with 15 shots so I can at least have away with that one. My kids are finding it very amusing, it is nothing like the camera that normally points at them!

Yay! What a thread. Only just discovered it. A few months ago after being in The Impossible Project store in Manchester, I was sure my grandparents had bought me a Polaroid one Christmas. After heading over to the parents house and pestering them to help me find it in my old room, sure enough I found a Supercolour 635CL. Such a pleasure to use that I almost forget it's costing me £2 per frame. Had a few duffers and my scanner is absolute garbage (might resort to photographing them like you lot seem to) but here are my first few results. Not loving the B&W that I am currently using but I had just about figured the best exposure comp for the colour film so might get some better results the more I use it.

• by GazMortonPhoto, on Flickr

:) I actually quite want another, different one after visiting this thread. Off to eBay. :)

Excellent pics! Looks like the flash is balanced nicely.

THank you. It took a few frames with the exposure compensation initially to get the look i liked. Then swapped to the B&W film and it was well underexposed! Grrrrr.

Looking on eBay now for an SX-70 Land camera.

I am also thinking about getting a label maker and stealing your idea! (y)

Gareth, I love that first one! There was an SX-70 in working condition going for pennies on ebay a couple of weeks ago - I wasn't fast enough and missed out!

I used to shoot a lot of polaroid and heavily abused the polaroid backs on Mamiyas and Bronicas about 4 years ago..

Also wasted a lot of money buying cheap as chips "as is" cameras and finding them not working! Which is why this, the only one I currently own now, just sits pretty on a shelf. For now!
8582825175_451e67035d_z.jpg

Gareth, I love that first one! There was an SX-70 in working condition going for pennies on ebay a couple of weeks ago - I wasn't fast enough and missed out!

I used to shoot a lot of polaroid and heavily abused the polaroid backs on Mamiyas and Bronicas about 4 years ago..

Also wasted a lot of money buying cheap as chips "as is" cameras and finding them not working! Which is why this, the only one I currently own now, just sits pretty on a shelf. For now!

Just looking at a couple of those now on eBay. There are a couple with bags too which are a little bit dearer......but you get a bag! :LOL:(y)

I can see this getting expensive. :puke:

I had been considering getting a Polaroid back for the RB67 to play with but I don't know what I'd need and what film fits it.

It's like being a film newbie again.

I had been considering getting a Polaroid back for the RB67 to play with but I don't know what I'd need and what film fits it.

It's like being a film newbie again.

I have two for mine, one for FP-100C and one for FP-3000B. Those are the only two current films these backs will take. There are at least four different Polaroid backs for the RB, including a rare one that shoots two separate images side by side.

Inspired by this thread - I just won a Polaroid Land Camera 1000 (as the camera pictured above in post #135 - though mine has a green button ... no idea why).

What film does this take - the Fuji "peel-apart-type" or must I take the Impossible route? There seems to be plenty of chatter on t'internet about Polaroid, but I can't seem to find any 1 + 1 = 2 answers.

My parents had one of these when I was a kid and I thought I'd give a pack of B&W and one of colour a whirl.

Any advice is received with thanks.

Inspired by this thread - I just won a Polaroid Land Camera 1000 (as the camera pictured above in post #135 - though mine has a green button ... no idea why).

What film does this take - the Fuji "peel-apart-type" or must I take the Impossible route? There seems to be plenty of chatter on t'internet about Polaroid, but I can't seem to find any 1 + 1 = 2 answers.

My parents had one of these when I was a kid and I thought I'd give a pack of B&W and one of colour a whirl.

Any advice is received with thanks.

Hi mate

That takes SX70 film. Using that, adjust the light/dark wheel one block into the dark section as the exposure of the film is slightly higher.

You can also use PX680 and 600 film with an ND filter over the film pack.

Hope that helps, and enjoy!

That's great info' - thank you.

Having spent the last couple of hours nosing around Google - it began to dawn on me the cheaper Fuji Film wasn't suitable for mine.

Hopefully, soon, I'll have some thoughts on my folly and maybe even a picture I can add to this thread.

I'm loving my 101 land camera and being able reclaim the full negative from the colour Fuji fp100c film is great!!(shame you cannot bleach the b&w fuji fp300c in the same way) All I need to do now is get a transparent scanner that can go that large neg wise!

From my last post, I succumbed to a mint sx-70 model 2 that I have just re-covered in yellow leather! looks amazing. The 600 film and impossible project filter work really well as well!

That's great info' - thank you.

Having spent the last couple of hours nosing around Google - it began to dawn on me the cheaper Fuji Film wasn't suitable for mine.

Hopefully, soon, I'll have some thoughts on my folly and maybe even a picture I can add to this thread.

Darren, as stated above, the ND filter that impossible project sell is great, £4 for 2. works really well. There are a few other more complex ways in which to overcome this but for me this will be fine!

Also quick side note, if you get ood polaroid film, take note on the exp date, I found out the hard way haha. bought some 2001 exp film and it 100% no good. I will only go back to about 07 now. (people still seel the earlier stuff for much the same price but the risk of it being duff is far greater)

Last edited:
Managed to arrange to collect an SX-70 tomorrow after work. Very excited!

Here she is! Came in it's original box with manual, which was stamped with the purchase date.....December 24th 1980, from Boots the Chemist. Also got a little canvas bag with it! (y)

Hip to be Square by GazMortonPhoto, on Flickr

I was considering selling mine "as is" to someone who already has film lying about to test it.

Unless there's a way to tell it's not working without running film through it? :p

Very nice indeed, look forward to seeing some results! Have you seen the Impossible website, looks like we have some new black frame and B+W film on the way any day now: https://www.the-impossible-project.com/?nointro=1

Thanks folks! Just need to get into Manchester for some film. I'm always on their site seeing what's new. I'm not really enjoying this B&W film that's currently in the 635. Maybe it needs some getting used to. Gonna go colour but try some of the different frames. The American Woods look cool. Will see if I can get the coloured frames for a change if thy ever have it in.

Infact, here's one I have just scanned (Really need a better scanner)

Starbucks - Polaroid by GazMortonPhoto, on Flickr

And I really like the feel of this family portrait (scanner issues where the large block of white is I think)

The Colliers by GazMortonPhoto, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Just scanned this one I took today of my Dad. I don't have enough photos of my parents so will have to try and work on that. THis is the best exposure I have had yet with the PX600 Silver Shade film. Did I mention I need a better scanner? It seems to add loads of dust and little white marks. :bang:

Dad by GazMortonPhoto, on Flickr

^^^WHS^^^

Stunning colours Ped, is that straight out of the camera or have you tweaked it in post?

Cheers!

I only had an iPhone to take a picture of the picture so I took it outside and hoped for the best. I'll borrow my friends DSLR later and upload a better one. It looks much better in real life - the colours are amazing. I love this film, I wish they did a faster one!

Back