weekly Posiview's TP52 2015. Week 52 Christmas added and FINISHED :)

Very nice colours in that sky and a nice shot. Nothing to crit here for me.

Hi Andy, fantastic coloured sky I am very envious, only crit I can offer is maybe more of the sky and slightly less of the water, but thats a little picky

you all seem to be having a good time, had a look at the other thread

Bold - Not sure the smiling expression fits the fact that there’s a ghost behind Isabelle. I see what you were trying to achieve though

Relax - A slightly bizarre interpretation but very “Posiview” if you know what I mean. I’m slightly worried about the amount of blood rushing to your head but at least you had clothes on LOL

Vertical - The conversion brings quite a classy feel to the image and a subject that fits the theme very well. One slight niggle is to fix the curve of the slabs at the bottom of the picture which now scrolling down I see you’ve fixed although that’s skewed the bottom of the column.

Mouth - Wow those are vivid colours. I’d be prone to cropping a fair chunk off the bottom to concentrate the eyes on the skyline

I don't know how I have missed so many of your shots - they are stunning.

Bliss - I like the lone tree shot. It kinda works much better than I expected as a triptych but it doesn't strike me as being related to the theme.
Fragile - Perfect! You do look VERY fragile :D
Scenic - Another lone tree but this one is spot on (y)
Companions - I like what you have done with the cranes but for me, the second shot really hits the mark. Very well seen and nicely out of the box :)
Watery - Very nice shot. Tack sharp with loads of detail. I prefer the catch lights left in.
Bold & Relax - Again, I like your thinking on these two shots. Well thought out and set up.
Vertical - I like the mono - really emphasises the texture in the stone.
Mouth - Doesn't quite hit the mark with regard to the theme for me but Wow! What a beautiful sunset. I too would loose a bit of the FG maybe?

Hi Andy,

Catching up on some comments so hopefully this feedback may be of use somehow.

Patterns - I like this one, although may have not known what it was if you hadn't said, but in all honesty I dont think that matters at all, really bright abstract photo and it fits well, makes my eyes go funny too lol.

Bliss - I really like the tree and how you've split it up, its a really good photo and i'm going to steal this idea for something at some point as i've not done anything like that yet, but for me even though #1 is good, i think #2 fits the theme a lot better, and that sunset is great.

Fragile - 'Look into the eyes' lol. Fits the theme well, i know a few people did similar but I cannot compare/won't compare as i've not seen them all at the same time.

Scenic - #1 Massively impressed here, I saw this when you first posted this and I looked for it again but couldnt find it for some reason, but this is a great photo in my eyes. Fits the theme well, well composed, great light, really love the snow, best one of your so far.

Companions - Works well, well composed, a good photo, but not my cup of tea for some reason and I don't know why sorry.

Elegant - lol, elegant I like this one, works well, and has humour too.

Watery - A really sharp photo here, fits the theme, and different, i agree with a few others about the reflection but i don't think it spoils the image. The edit works better, but i think it's also lost something too.

Bold - no 1 for me, eerie lol, but not massively my cup of tea again, it does fit the theme but it's just something about it that doesn't work for me sorry

Relax - again lol, very comical and interesting take on Relax, I like it. I bet you get some funny looks with all these funny positions and photos you are pulling off.

Vetical - this one works well, i considered doing something for my version of this one but struggled with the weather.I don't think the symmetry is a problem, and i dont think i would have noticed until i looked at other comments and went back to it.

Mouth - I like this one, "472 second exposure for the sky and 1 second for the water", what do you mean, sorry this is probably really obvious...

Mouth - wow I am so jealous that is simply stunning, the colours in the sky are amazing. The silouhetting of the tree line really works for this image, I have no crit to offer.

Lovely colours Andy, & I like it just the way it is TBH :)

Superb sky. You actually have diamonds in the sky :cool: . The river mouth leads beautifully to the sunset. Love the colours. Enjoy the rest of the trip.

One word... Magnificent.

Lovely sunset Andy, colours are fab. For me I'd prefer a 4x2 crop as there is not much happening at the bottom, but that's just personal taste. The wider expanse of open water gives more of an impression of e river mouth I suppose :thinking:

Thanks all. @Bruja I'll give the crop a go. I think I got too attached to the reflection.

Andy that's lovely. Such a vivid sky!

Stunning vivid colours, Nuff said :D (y)

Very nice colours in that sky and a nice shot. Nothing to crit here for me.

wow! gorgeous colours for mouth :)

Hi Andy, fantastic coloured sky I am very envious, only crit I can offer is maybe more of the sky and slightly less of the water, but thats a little picky

you all seem to be having a good time, had a look at the other thread

That's pretty amazing.

Mouth - Lovely image Andy, great colours.

Phil

oh wow - that's an amazing sunset! That's all I have to say :clap:

Thanks, all. Another vote for less water. I'll have a crop (y)

Bold - Not sure the smiling expression fits the fact that there’s a ghost behind Isabelle. I see what you were trying to achieve though

Relax - A slightly bizarre interpretation but very “Posiview” if you know what I mean. I’m slightly worried about the amount of blood rushing to your head but at least you had clothes on LOL

Vertical - The conversion brings quite a classy feel to the image and a subject that fits the theme very well. One slight niggle is to fix the curve of the slabs at the bottom of the picture which now scrolling down I see you’ve fixed although that’s skewed the bottom of the column.

Mouth - Wow those are vivid colours. I’d be prone to cropping a fair chunk off the bottom to concentrate the eyes on the skyline

I don't know how I have missed so many of your shots - they are stunning.

Bliss - I like the lone tree shot. It kinda works much better than I expected as a triptych but it doesn't strike me as being related to the theme.
Fragile - Perfect! You do look VERY fragile :D
Scenic - Another lone tree but this one is spot on (y)
Companions - I like what you have done with the cranes but for me, the second shot really hits the mark. Very well seen and nicely out of the box :)
Watery - Very nice shot. Tack sharp with loads of detail. I prefer the catch lights left in.
Bold & Relax - Again, I like your thinking on these two shots. Well thought out and set up.
Vertical - I like the mono - really emphasises the texture in the stone.
Mouth - Doesn't quite hit the mark with regard to the theme for me but Wow! What a beautiful sunset. I too would loose a bit of the FG maybe?

Vertical. Has to be the Mono shot for me...

Fantastic shot for mouth Andy, doesn't cry out mouth but who cares as its fantastic photo.

Mouth. Very nice and vibrant. I like the shadows as they are. Good stuff!!

Hi Andy,

Catching up on some comments so hopefully this feedback may be of use somehow.

Patterns - I like this one, although may have not known what it was if you hadn't said, but in all honesty I dont think that matters at all, really bright abstract photo and it fits well, makes my eyes go funny too lol.

Bliss - I really like the tree and how you've split it up, its a really good photo and i'm going to steal this idea for something at some point as i've not done anything like that yet, but for me even though #1 is good, i think #2 fits the theme a lot better, and that sunset is great.

Fragile - 'Look into the eyes' lol. Fits the theme well, i know a few people did similar but I cannot compare/won't compare as i've not seen them all at the same time.

Scenic - #1 Massively impressed here, I saw this when you first posted this and I looked for it again but couldnt find it for some reason, but this is a great photo in my eyes. Fits the theme well, well composed, great light, really love the snow, best one of your so far.

Companions - Works well, well composed, a good photo, but not my cup of tea for some reason and I don't know why sorry.

Elegant - lol, elegant I like this one, works well, and has humour too.

Watery - A really sharp photo here, fits the theme, and different, i agree with a few others about the reflection but i don't think it spoils the image. The edit works better, but i think it's also lost something too.

Bold - no 1 for me, eerie lol, but not massively my cup of tea again, it does fit the theme but it's just something about it that doesn't work for me sorry

Relax - again lol, very comical and interesting take on Relax, I like it. I bet you get some funny looks with all these funny positions and photos you are pulling off.

Vetical - this one works well, i considered doing something for my version of this one but struggled with the weather.I don't think the symmetry is a problem, and i dont think i would have noticed until i looked at other comments and went back to it.

Mouth - I like this one, "472 second exposure for the sky and 1 second for the water", what do you mean, sorry this is probably really obvious...

Thanks, all, especially to @Delta Skies , @Leebert , @ThyJones for the catchups (y)

All valid crit and, as usual, all taken onboard to improve my photography.

@ThyJones, Mouth was two exposure merged in Photoshop. I really wanted to long exposure to smooth out the water but a breeze kept making ripples in the water :arghh:

Cheers all.

Strange how certain themes don't grab me. Initially thought this was a belter.

#1 was something that sprang to mind after watching The Walking Dead. Crowds of zombies outside trying to get me :help:

#2 is posted to show how low I was tempted to go :oops: :$ The concept was there but not the heart.

Anyways, is it Friday yet :woot:

Cheers.

Crowd by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Crowded by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Hi Andy,

#1 for me - great concept and really well shot. I wouldn't like to come across that crowd on a dark night :)

Number one for sure love the idea. Black and red works a treat too ;-)

Gaz

#1 isn't really doing it for me I'm afraid. I thought it was the front of a PC tower initially - you know the ones with all those LEDs. I think because the window frame is quite dark, I didn't get it. I'm thick like that.

So I actually like #2. It's a bit bonkers, but I had to admire the effort gone into the all the individual faces on fingers. Different hair styles and everything!!

Mad... Just mad...

I like the way you can see some of the zombies eyes glowing through the curtains ... cool.

#2 ... :agree: ... Mad... Just mad...

Hey Andy!
Mouth..... Lush colours and I'm not at all jealous [emoji12]

Crowd.... Well #2 made me laugh (it's well done though!). Liking #1 the best I think - the eyes just behind the curtains are especially cleverly done!

I like the way you can see some of the zombies eyes glowing through the curtains ... cool.

#2 ... :agree: ... Mad... Just mad...

Thanks, being a little mad does help :)

Hey Andy!
Mouth..... Lush colours and I'm not at all jealous [emoji12]

Crowd.... Well #2 made me laugh (it's well done though!). Liking #1 the best I think - the eyes just behind the curtains are especially cleverly done!

Cheers, ferg, glad someone noticed the eyes behind the curtains (y)

Cheers.

I have to admit the first thing I thought of with the first pic was evil eyes, so I'd say job done!
The second does make me chuckle though :LOL:

Hi Andy ....not been here for a while.

Smashing choice for Vertical and I love the POV and processing ...an impressive shot.

Glorious sunset in Majorca ...one of my favourite places, I'm assuming that river is running into the sea?

I thought like Ian on #1 Crowd initially, but now I get it, I like it.....an original idea!
I think I'm with him on #2 as well ....it is a bit bonkers :wideyed:

Hi Andy liking your crowd shot - really good idea for the theme!

I have to admit the first thing I thought of with the first pic was evil eyes, so I'd say job done!
The second does make me chuckle though :LOL:

Hi Andy ....not been here for a while.

Smashing choice for Vertical and I love the POV and processing ...an impressive shot.

Glorious sunset in Majorca ...one of my favourite places, I'm assuming that river is running into the sea?

I thought like Ian on #1 Crowd initially, but now I get it, I like it.....an original idea!
I think I'm with him on #2 as well ....it is a bit bonkers :wideyed:

Thanks for the positive comments .

Susie, sunset was in Majorca, it was a river running into the see....wish I was there now :(

Cheers.

Now then matey ,thought I'd best have a catch up !

Vertical......Iain was right , OCD twitches from the the 1st shot, most unlike you in fairness , edited version sorts the squiffiness though , Love the mono conversion (y) Cracking dday there as well :)

Mouth...what a sunset, best I've seen a really long time & the 1st one I've had chance to shot in what seems like forever ! Just the right amount of layering between the tree's & mountains, lovely movement in the sky & a hint of movement in the water ....brilliant way to remember that trip :clap:

Crowd......nowt wrong with that matey ( the red eye's shot that is ), love the couple showing through the curtains .....good & different take on the theme (y)

The colours in mouth are beautiful, along with the movement in the sky. I really like the difference in the strength of silhouette between the trees and the hills (if that makes sense), makes for an interesting layered feel.

Crowd #1 is a cracking idea, and nicely done.

Nice idea on the Zombies Andy, and its not even Halloween :D

Now then matey ,thought I'd best have a catch up !

Vertical......Iain was right , OCD twitches from the the 1st shot, most unlike you in fairness , edited version sorts the squiffiness though , Love the mono conversion (y) Cracking dday there as well :)

Mouth...what a sunset, best I've seen a really long time & the 1st one I've had chance to shot in what seems like forever ! Just the right amount of layering between the tree's & mountains, lovely movement in the sky & a hint of movement in the water ....brilliant way to remember that trip :clap:

Crowd......nowt wrong with that matey ( the red eye's shot that is ), love the couple showing through the curtains .....good & different take on the theme (y)

Thanks, yeah, we've had two good meets lately :)

The colours in mouth are beautiful, along with the movement in the sky. I really like the difference in the strength of silhouette between the trees and the hills (if that makes sense), makes for an interesting layered feel.

Crowd #1 is a cracking idea, and nicely done.

Cheers, it was a cracking sunset.

Nice idea on the Zombies Andy, and its not even Halloween :D

Cheers.

Crowd.

Great idea for it Andy.. You always have a great interpretation of the themes.

made me giggle...

Cheers, I do try to produce something different.

Hi Andy, love the blackness (if thats a word) of the curtains and overall image of the first pic for crowd, less eyes for me though maybe as few as 3 sets of eyes, 3's a crowd as it were, i think it might be more menacing :thinking:
the bus stop faces are really scaring me funny but quite disturbing :runaway:

of the two flower shots the first one for me, the second one lacks a little light, though the first one looks like it's upside down :thinking: not sure why

The first one has the edge ....absolutely smashing Andy, but fabulous detail and colour in both :clap:

First one for me Andy, good image

Phil

Hi Andy, love the blackness (if thats a word) of the curtains and overall image of the first pic for crowd, less eyes for me though maybe as few as 3 sets of eyes, 3's a crowd as it were, i think it might be more menacing :thinking:
the bus stop faces are really scaring me funny but quite disturbing :runaway:

of the two flower shots the first one for me, the second one lacks a little light, though the first one looks like it's upside down :thinking: not sure why

Cheers all, good point about the number of eyes, Allan, and the flower is upside down. It was one of the flowers I bought Jackie for our tenth wedding anniversary...... And snapped it so had to rush, photograph it in situ and sneak it back into the base :bat:

Not sure why I posted the second one, looking againt, the composition is not very good.

Cheers.

Back