weekly Posiview's TP52 2015. Week 52 Christmas added and FINISHED :)

Can't believe you wear Pyjamas you big jessie, not a bad pic but it would have looked much better if you had a lit candle up your bum! :mooning:

:D Hahahaha - That's me laughing at my mental image of you with a lit candle up your bum! - hahahaha :D

See you on Saturday loveley boy. :p

Relax, made me smile that, don't think you could improve on it really.
Bold, I like the edited version, but I feel it has a bit too much space on the rhs.

Cheers, Michael, I know what you mean about the crop. I struggled on this aspect.

Hi Andy, again great bit of thought behind this, no idea why you think your little finger is a problem didn't notice anything till you mentioned it and even then........

I am glad you mentioned the very red head :p

as to whats alluded to above re the position I think its understandable from first look what position you are in
:clap:

Cheers. I have a few more ideas asking the same line.

Hmmm ... I don't know what to say .... not erm, a pretty sight.

Oi, they are by best PJs :)

Can't believe you wear Pyjamas you big jessie, not a bad pic but it would have looked much better if you had a lit candle up your bum! :mooning:

:D Hahahaha - That's me laughing at my mental image of you with a lit candle up your bum! - hahahaha :D

See you on Saturday loveley boy. :p

I don't wear them in bed :naughty:

See ya Saturday....... Without candle :p

Cheers.

Relax doesn't say relaxed to me as it looks as though you are holding a particularly challenging Yoga position and your head is about to explode from the pressure :(

Need something more 'floppy' :exit:

Relax doesn't say relaxed to me as it looks as though you are holding a particularly challenging Yoga position and your head is about to explode from the pressure :(

Need something more 'floppy' :exit:

Hi, @Bruja, thanks for the honest feedback. As stated in my Relax post, there is s reason for the position I'm in (y)

I get the "falling asleep in strange positions" idea, but for me it looks a bit staged. I also can't help looking at your poor red head and feeling sorry for you. The things you go through for a 52 eh?

I think it's well lit and composed - although as Iain said, a severe vertical crop might work better. I also like the contrast between floor, sofa and PJs in terms of colour, tone and pattern. I just think maybe a different pose would have said "relax" more.

Hi Andy

Relax

I like the idea and the thought behind the photo...
But i looks a bloody uncomfortable position your in..

I get the "falling asleep in strange positions" idea, but for me it looks a bit staged. I also can't help looking at your poor red head and feeling sorry for you. The things you go through for a 52 eh?

I think it's well lit and composed - although as Iain said, a severe vertical crop might work better. I also like the contrast between floor, sofa and PJs in terms of colour, tone and pattern. I just think maybe a different pose would have said "relax" more.

Hi, all very good points. I had another idea, but time was against me. Onwards and upwards (y)

Cheers.

Bold - cracking shot - love the edited image, very spooky!
Relax - Nice idea, fits the theme, but Andy I'm SO disappointed in you wearing those boring striped pj's! Surely you must have an Incredible Hulk onesie??? :rolleyes:

Bold - cracking shot - love the edited image, very spooky!
Relax - Nice idea, fits the theme, but Andy I'm SO disappointed in you wearing those boring striped pj's! Surely you must have an Incredible Hulk onesie??? :rolleyes:

Thanks, Elaine, I'd be more of a Superman PJ wearer, if I could carry it off :)

NB, edit in post 298 :)

Not overly impressed with my take on this week's theme. My main goal has always been to try and think outside the box, well this one's as far inside the box as any photograph could be.

Nonetheless, I feel it's on theme and the gritty B&W conversion suits the NMA.

I'm conscious that I was a bit remise commenting last week so I'll look to catch up for the the Majorca Meet :)

Edit, Yup, the symmetry is a little off :sulk:

Cheers.

Week 9 Vertical by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Last edited:
It certainly ticks the vertical box Andy, so (y) for that but as you said, the symmetry is a little off.
I find shooting these sort of shots/subject, that one has to be ever so precise as any little deviation seems to be magnified as it is so linear.
It does look to me as if it needs a slight CW rotation, but then that would throw the base out of horizontal.
The difference in spacing between the back trees/bushes and the monument does draw my eye a little too.

These are just my observations Andy, overall it doesn't detract from what is a very poignant image, your processing is sympathetic to that subject also. Good work (y)

I am sure @blondie606 will be along shortly, this will send her OCD into a tailspin :D

Relax
Ha, nice jimmies, you look like you were in an aquafresh ad ;)
I like the idea which is on theme. You should've turned your head to one side and put you thumb in your mouth. I wouldn't worry about your head being red as I think it makes it look like you've been the for ages.

Vertical
Well that is well within theme. Nice idea and I think it worked well in b&w. I think the crop is a little tight on the bottom but that's being picky. Good stuff!!

Hi Andy, the vertical image has some beautiful tones but I think its slightly leaning to the left? Have you tried to correct it with the transform tool in Photoshop? It would do it justice in my opinion :)

It certainly ticks the vertical box Andy, so (y) for that but as you said, the symmetry is a little off.
I find shooting these sort of shots/subject, that one has to be ever so precise as any little deviation seems to be magnified as it is so linear.
It does look to me as if it needs a slight CW rotation, but then that would throw the base out of horizontal.
The difference in spacing between the back trees/bushes and the monument does draw my eye a little too.

These are just my observations Andy, overall it doesn't detract from what is a very poignant image, your processing is sympathetic to that subject also. Good work (y)

I am sure @blondie606 will be along shortly, this will send her OCD into a tailspin :D

Relax
Ha, nice jimmies, you look like you were in an aquafresh ad ;)
I like the idea which is on theme. You should've turned your head to one side and put you thumb in your mouth. I wouldn't worry about your head being red as I think it makes it look like you've been the for ages.

Vertical
Well that is well within theme. Nice idea and I think it worked well in b&w. I think the crop is a little tight on the bottom but that's being picky. Good stuff!!

Hi Andy, the vertical image has some beautiful tones but I think its slightly leaning to the left? Have you tried to correct it with the transform tool in Photoshop? It would do it justice in my opinion :)

Nice "Vertical" image Andy, as you say, gritty, fits the theme well.

Phil

Cheers everyone, all valid and correct crit. I'd added an edit below, bit remise of me not to get it right in camera, but by the time I took this both Isabelle and were pooped :sleep: No excuses for tardiness, though.

Vertical edit by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Perseverance pays off.....the edit is a cracker.

I much prefer the edit but for me it could do with a touch more contrast (like the first one), are you getting all minimal and high key on us Andy?

The weeks not over though, you still have time to make good on your missing candle from last week! :D

Hi Andy, agree with the above edit is much better, took a very similar pic myself but getting the symmetry in PP was driving me mad so gave in.

you have managed to get some decent sky in though a bit tricky on Saturday, so top marks for that

it's a really impressive monument and you have managed to catch some of the scale of it

I much prefer the edit but for me it could do with a touch more contrast (like the first one), are you getting all minimal and high key on us Andy?

The weeks not over though, you still have time to make good on your missing candle from last week! :D

Edit is much better you lazy beggar :ROFLMAO: as first one was definitely wonky.

Hi Andy, agree with the above edit is much better, took a very similar pic myself but getting the symmetry in PP was driving me mad so gave in.

you have managed to get some decent sky in though a bit tricky on Saturday, so top marks for that

it's a really impressive monument and you have managed to catch some of the scale of it

Cheers, I but entirely convinced the monument and surroundings are absolutely symmetrical :thinking:

I'll give the candles a miss for the time being :naughty:

Hi Andy

Vertical ... love the POV creating distortion like that. Excellent processing too (y)

Hey Andy :)

Quick catch up from me...

Bold - Hmmmmm I think I am preferring the B&W image as it goes better with the ghost, although I prefer the colour image of Isabelle, the wider edit certainly is a marked improvement for me, and with the distance between the subjects works okay too with the colour & B&W combo - Clever idea (y)

As for the copper coin, a cracking clean shot, super reflection and super bright, the crop works well too, very nice :)

Relax - To say that actually made me laugh is an understatement, my brain is soooo confused where you come up with these individual ideas :D

Vertical - Again a great idea, crit spotted and the edited result is excellent, really liking the hedge bits framing the side of the shot and that stonework really is towering into the sky - Love this one :clap:

Hi Andy

Vertical ... love the POV creating distortion like that. Excellent processing too (y)

Thanks, David, if you haven't been there it's well worth a visit.

Hey Andy :)

Quick catch up from me...

Bold - Hmmmmm I think I am preferring the B&W image as it goes better with the ghost, although I prefer the colour image of Isabelle, the wider edit certainly is a marked improvement for me, and with the distance between the subjects works okay too with the colour & B&W combo - Clever idea (y)

As for the copper coin, a cracking clean shot, super reflection and super bright, the crop works well too, very nice :)

Relax - To say that actually made me laugh is an understatement, my brain is soooo confused where you come up with these individual ideas :D

Vertical - Again a great idea, crit spotted and the edited result is excellent, really liking the hedge bits framing the side of the shot and that stonework really is towering into the sky - Love this one :clap:

Cheers, Dean, I do try and think differently. I intend to use relax for the next reshoot because I have loads more ideas.

A well captured poignant image. Not that I am experienced but I am sure the symmetry would give me nightmares. For me it's the monument that sets the image and certainly stands out better in the edited version.

Nice Vertical (distortion :p ) Andy (y)
And just to be awkward, I prefer the original :D

Actually I wondered how I missed this seems you didn't post on the image thread :D

Bold - two good ideas for the theme liking the first with the ghost works well.
The edited version works much better for me.

Relax - well that's a different way to sit and relax on a sofa, made me chuckle that's for sure. I am to busy giggling to compose any kind of crit :D:D.

Vertical - certainly fits the theme and your edit is much better than the first go. Works well for me, like the b&w conversion to suits the image.

A well captured poignant image. Not that I am experienced but I am sure the symmetry would give me nightmares. For me it's the monument that sets the image and certainly stands out better in the edited version.

Spot on theme, Andy. Very symmetry and B&W conversion works really well.

Nice Vertical (distortion :p ) Andy (y)
And just to be awkward, I prefer the original :D

Actually I wondered how I missed this seems you didn't post on the image thread :D

Bold - two good ideas for the theme liking the first with the ghost works well.
The edited version works much better for me.

Relax - well that's a different way to sit and relax on a sofa, made me chuckle that's for sure. I am to busy giggling to compose any kind of crit :D:D.

Vertical - certainly fits the theme and your edit is much better than the first go. Works well for me, like the b&w conversion to suits the image.

Thanks all for your comments, especially Mandy for the catchup (y)

Cheers.

Lovely colours Andy, & I like it just the way it is TBH :)

Superb sky. You actually have diamonds in the sky :cool: . The river mouth leads beautifully to the sunset. Love the colours. Enjoy the rest of the trip.

Lovely sunset Andy, colours are fab. For me I'd prefer a 4x2 crop as there is not much happening at the bottom, but that's just personal taste. The wider expanse of open water gives more of an impression of e river mouth I suppose :thinking:

Andy that's lovely. Such a vivid sky!

Back