Post your favourite Macro of 2009

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

I have taken quite a few macro shots this year and had some great macro shoots with fellow TPers. It's a tough choice to pick a favourite but one shot I always like to look at is this one, for the simplicity and colour so I choose it as my favourite for 2009. I've no idea what it is BTW :D

3612407212_cc5a9d9bf0_o.jpg

What is your favourite ?

Last edited by a moderator:
well this has to be mine
reasons, second outing with my new toy raynox dcr250 which i got about 3 weeks ago and for me personaly never dreamed of getting anything like this so soon

4125600148_26c96b0c2d_o.jpg

Whoa guys;) They're awesome(y)

Here's mine, this macro stuff's addictive:LOL:

I didn't get out a lot and was very happy with this one.

35kq58w.jpg

RJL2005 That is awesome mate.

Taken with my Sigma 50mm 1:2.8 DG macro D

Last edited:
Rhod the colours on that are just stunning Mate (y)

Excellent idea this, ............. untill you have to pick only one, I supose my favorite is more or less the one when the penny dropped as to what I should be doing, I think I have had "better" shots, but this was my landmark one.

Half inch house spider

3959166792_5f9eba5eaf_o.jpg

Looking forward to seeing everyone else joining in.

Dave ....

Difficult choice but I especially liked this one - it's the flower of a Pretty in Purple chilli (small purple fruits that are ... hot!)

DSC01562a.jpg

My first (and only) Jumping spider :)

jumper.jpg

Camera: Canon 50D
Exposure: 1/200
Aperture: f/16.0
Focal Length: 65 mm
ISO Speed: 100
Lens Canon MP-E65

Last edited:
I only started a few months ago and this was one of my first, I think that's why it's my favourite even though it might not be my best.

macro_bee_1_800.jpg

Spiders give me the heebie jeebies, but those are bloody good!

Just thought I'd add that the lens is my Minolta 50mm macro

Last edited:
This is the one that I am most proud of. Click for bigger.

Rob

Some very lovely work in here, well done folks and a big round of applause for Alby for the thread topic.

For 09, I think I done me bess with this one:
3722727433_0292f33cb2_o.jpg

this is NOT my closest or detailed shot by far, but i feel this is the best capture and composition I have took (only been shooting 4 weeks).

Untitled-1-1.jpg

Argh Alby! What a question!
I love that shot of yours, really like that jumping spider image of Dogfish magnets too.

Its really hard to boil it down to one but this one is definately one of my favourites. But cant we have a top 5 :D? or would that be a different thread?Hmm fav invertebrate macro, fav creature macro, fav plant life macro , fav non living macro, fav abstract macro :D:D:D, ha I think I'm going to start another thread lol.

e0e7d249.jpg

Some absolutely stunning shots there people! Amazing, amazing stuff.

I need me a macro lens! :(

Argh Alby! What a question!
I love that shot of yours, really like that jumping spider image of Dogfish magnets too.

Its really hard to boil it down to one but this one is definately one of my favourites. But cant we have a top 5 :D? or would that be a different thread?Hmm fav invertebrate macro, fav creature macro, fav plant life macro , fav non living macro, fav abstract macro :D:D:D, ha I think I'm going to start another thread lol.

e0e7d249.jpg

That is AWESOME !

That is AWESOME !

Very true, to me it looks as though the froggy is just sitting there, arm resting in a comfortable chilled out position and might as well be saying "Hi, pull up a seat and lets chat"

Some amazing shots in here... I think mine would have to be...

IMG_8962.jpg

This is my first year with macro its very addictive, and looking at all the other posts here it just inspires me to try to learn and develop more skills . My thanks to all TPs members especially my bro - Old Dogfish Magnet for introducing me to this form of photography. Comments and advise from everyone make this an invaluable community, of which its great to be a part of. This is one of my favourites from the year.

3998433394_766eeb02f2_o.jpg

Yep well worth a second look PP ;)

Some great stuff turning up here guys, Angi I loved them frog shots first time around, stunning (y)

These images are all nothing short of stunning!

I don't have a dedicated macro lens so will have to make do with my favourite "close-up" of the year...hope that's acceptable:

This has been difficult to pick. I have always like the dreamy and soft effect on this one. Some fab shots so far, great thread Alby and nice to see all the shots being posted (y)

3868700630_9627f4c566_o.jpg

EDIT - oopps.. wrong photo of the year...

Never really done macro with a proper macro lens, I keep trying to persuade my stepdad to sell me his Sigma 70mm f/2.8 EX DGa at a decent price, he never uses it.

I quite like this as an abstract sort of shot, its a dandy lion close up using a nifty fifty and tubes.
Dandyzion_by_paulclift.jpg

Some amazing shots here guys.....only had my macro lens a few weeks, so will be posting next year (I hope!)

me too (total beginner here (y)) which is why I was a bit loathe to post initially when you see such fantastic photos that others have, but what I like about this particular thread is not so much the C&C but what YOU think was your favourite shot.

Back