Potential Star Trails Locations around the Blackpool Area

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
In the hope that we get a clear sky for the TP Convention I'm after some suggestions for star trail locations within 15ish miles of Blackpool

Must have parking access and be easily accessible at night

Thanks in advance

Matt
MWHCVT

star trail locations within 15ish miles of Blackpool. Must have parking access and be easily accessible at night

I look forward to the new area on the site bit beware.. You really don’t want to be hanging around carparks in the Blackpool area at night..

Mark

I look forward to the new area on the site bit beware.. You really don’t want to be hanging around carparks in the Blackpool area at night..

Mark

:LOL: Don't worry Mark, I've never had trouble yet, because I'm a big hard looking type and my normal shooting buddy looks like a psychopath and that's according to someone that once considered starting a fight with us :LOL: and besides I always have a steel construction 5xD Cell Maglight with me on night shoots :cautious: :bat:

And if it's some other physical activity that they're interested in unfortunately they tend to make themselves scarce once you get a camera out :crying: :naughty:

Last edited:
I think shooting the hen's falling out of the pubs, clubs and bars would be quite fun

If this wind keeps up, you will need several sandbags to hold even the weightiest tripod firm for star trails! I am sitting in a hotel room, looking out directly north over the Irish Sea and its an absolute howling gale out there :eek:

Where you stopping Yvonne? as my hotel will be doing the same :D

I think shooting the hen's falling out of the pubs, clubs and bars would be quite fun

:LOL: but then all we would like the get is stuff for the Nude and not so glamorous section :cautious:

that was also considered, just didn't want to be in blackpool itself tbh. Its very quiet here, right on the corner between the sea and the estuary, probably a good spot to get out on the sands and swing some wool, as well as star trails without attracting too much attention. Sadly, there is a beautiful old tower thing right out side which would have been lovely for you....except they went and built a radar stn right next door and right in the flipping way :bonk:

Have fun where ever you go, I shall be tucked in bed with something alcoholic and the laptop :LOL:

that was also considered, just didn't want to be in blackpool itself tbh. Its very quiet here, right on the corner between the sea and the estuary, probably a good spot to get out on the sands and swing some wool, as well as star trails without attracting too much attention. Sadly, there is a beautiful old tower thing right out side which would have been lovely for you....except they went and built a radar stn right next door and right in the flipping way :bonk:

Have fun where ever you go, I shall be tucked in bed with something alcoholic and the laptop :LOL:

We will be doing the Sentential at the end of the pier if you want to have a bit of fun with the wool you'd be more than welcome :D but that said that alcohol thing sounds good :LOL:

That's the reason that I went for the hotel that I did at Lytham it's well out of the riot that is B'pool (y) s

Yvonne please be carefull with the laptop, I have a customer who just bought his 2nd i5 laptop in a month as he found out after 3 days of owning the first it didn't like expensive red wine.

Yvonne please be carefull with the laptop, I have a customer who just bought his 2nd i5 laptop in a month as he found out after 3 days of owning the first it didn't like expensive red wine.

What about cheap rose wine or sloe gin as I type with my i5 laptop :cautious:

Matt ,what about st annes pier . There is part of the old one still standing out on the beach.Easy to walk to and plenty of free parking along road or near lifeboat station. Never done anything like star trails so i dont know if it would be any good or not.Just a thought.

Last edited:
Matt ,what about st annes pier . There is part of the old one still standing out on the beach.Easy to walk to and plenty of free parking along road or near lifeboat station. Never done anything like star trails so i dont know if it would be any good or not.Just a thought.

Great place near Blackpool I go for astronomy,

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ll=53.93839,-2.893267&spn=0.001746,0.004605&t=h&z=19

That's as good as it gets neat Blackpool.. it's very light polluted.

[edit] Very barren though.. mainly a place for astronomy... not a nice looking location. If you want a nice dramatic location, head into the hills around lancaster/trough of bowland

Thanks folks, I should add that this is an old ish thread that I started for TP Con 2012 (y) but hopefully good for some of the locals :D

Ive just been informed were staying in Blackpool Weds night in a dog friendly B N B, just off the prom, so we can take Tyler,they look after them while you go out, so should get a few good night and lights shots, not doing star trails though,

Back