Practical Photograpghy DSLR Skills Course

Course starts when April edition of the magazine goes on sale.(y)

What form does the Course take ?

Is it an extra booklet/CD/DVD in the Monthly Magazine?

Cheers

Phil
(I did subscribe as it seem an offer too good to refuse at £10 for 6 months !)

Signed up via Quidco. It's only £5 cashback but I couldn't be bothered to setup a TCB account.

markmjh said:
Cool, looks like there will be a few of us doing this.
Hopefully we can get a thread going once it's started and help each other out :)

Count me in, signed up a while ago and on the Flickr group too.... looking forward to it.
More than willing to chat to anyone else doing it

Got myself subscribed......really looking forward to this.

Is the Flickr group a new one for 2011 or last years group?<<<<<<<<Ignore, just joined the 2011 group.

JOD.

Last edited:
I signed up last week and have joined the Flickr group....just waiting for the next edition of the mag now! :)

Signed up for the course a couple of weeks ago and just joined the flickr group too. :)

When do we get the first mail about the course, any ideas?. I am so excited about this. My subscription starts in month two so I have ordered the 23/3 mag from an online newsagent to make sure in case local shops dont have it
Steve

Last edited:
Hi Craig,

Im a Newbie and have been readin all the posts about the PP DSLR course etc. I have looked on Quido and can not ssem to find the deal? Could you help please?

the deal has run out on the six mags for £10 but you are still able to sign up for the course and get the mags at the normal price of £3.99 each (thanks Barbara) or go and get a years subscription at £46 or £51( dd or cc) and get a free Kata backpack.
Uf you go for the subs you won't get the first mag until 23/4 so you will have to buy 23/3 one at a newsagent or similar.
Hope this helps
Steve

I was interested in buying the DVDs on Getting started in Photoshop on this website until i read the comments on the bottom of the page.Dont think i will be ordering now.

mulge said:
Hi Craig,

Im a Newbie and have been readin all the posts about the PP DSLR course etc. I have looked on Quido and can not ssem to find the deal? Could you help please?

Search for GreatMagazines.co.uk via Quidco. Just checked now and offer is still available.

I've just subscribed and joined the Flickr group. Maybe knowing a magazine will be coming through the letterbox every month will stop me be being tempted to buy one every time I'm in Asda! The missus is getting sick of me slipping them in the trolley, and then promising to pay her back......!

Oh I need to sign up for the flickr group too! (My username is the same as on here). I've been without my proper PC of late + Internet probs + work on the house encroaching on snapping time means I haven't been very active of late.

Am looking forward to the course though. When does the magazine arrive? Anyone know? I'm away in Glasgow from the 8th April for 2 weeks. It better arrive before I go! :(

I signed up to this too. Bought a couple of lenses since buying the 550d. I currently the idiot with all the gear and no idea !!

Hoping this will help ;)

When is the next issue due to hit the mat?

I think they have done these before. Are they any good ?

Sent from my iPad using TP Forums

jovialjester said:
Has anyone had any emails yet? Anything at all? I signed up a couple of weeks ago and don't remember even a 'welcome' email

When I signed up I just got an email confirming the delivery address and when they will be sent out. Did you get something like that?

sep9001 said:
When I signed up I just got an email confirming the delivery address and when they will be sent out. Did you get something like that?

Yeah, but that was relating to subscribing to the mag rather than signing up for the bootcamp.

It just strikes me as odd not to get an email saying something like 'thanks for signing up' or even a confirmation of signing up.

I haven't heard anything but in the FAQ's on the site it states: "Please note: You will not receive emails immediately after signing up, instead you will receive the next email that gets sent out (which will coincide with the next issue of Practical Photography going on sale). Each email sent will include a list of all the previous emails." so I'm assuming that no e-mails will be sent until next week some time (or this week if you start your week on Sunday! :LOL: )

I have heard nothing at all. Not even for signing up for the 6 months mag deal

No emails for me either, but I did sign up late for the magazine deal, first issue will be April, but as ~Sam~ said above nothing to worry about yet as the magazines haven't arrived yet!

Back