Print Exchange Reveal Here

And here is a scan of the print I received. It doesn't do justice to the glossy print, but hopefully shows the presentation and details. It was a pleasure to receive and really interesting to read Andy's explanation about his project to document Britain's remaining mining headstocks.

print_swap_viewfromthenorth_s.jpg

The print version was tweaked slightly but this is the version on Flickr. It was from my first night sky outing here on the island and definitely won't be my last. As I wrote in my note to Mark @MrDrizz it was a wonderful, peaceful experience to be out under the stars and watching the sky change. I printed it at home with my Canon pigment printer on Permajet Oyster 271, which is my favourite general purpose paper. Glad you liked it, Mark :)

Heavens Above
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

That really is nice Andrea, hoping to have a try at something similar myself next month for the first time.
I also use Oyster 271 for the vast majority of my printing, have you sent away for the free profile from Permajet?
Made a bit of a positive difference on my Canon Pro 10 pigment printer.

That really is nice Andrea, hoping to have a try at something similar myself next month for the first time.
I also use Oyster 271 for the vast majority of my printing, have you sent away for the free profile from Permajet?
Made a bit of a positive difference on my Canon Pro 10 pigment printer.

Thanks, Rich - hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I felt very very small looking up at the stars and the huge sky! I use the same printer but just the 'stock' profile from Permajet, but it sounds like it would be worth sending away for one.

And here is a scan of the print I received. It doesn't do justice to the glossy print, but hopefully shows the presentation and details. It was a pleasure to receive and really interesting to read Andy's explanation about his project to document Britain's remaining mining headstocks.

View attachment 323295
Thanks Andrea! I wish I could have persuaded my Epson printer to do a satisfactory print on my favoured Baryta paper, but it’s always been hit and miss with thicker paper. It will be fine for months and dozens of prints and then suddenly it will put ink droplets on the next 4 or 5 prints quite randomly :mad: Still, I’m glad you like it!

Back