Project: Collective30 - Discussion

All,

Due to an unexpected personal circumstance I will be unable to continue the reminder/focus on the project.

By all means continue if you wish but I'm afraid that I will not be as active as I have been in here.

Apologies to all and I will attempt to reset up another month in the year.

Sorry to hear that Gary, I hope is well with you and your family.....After all of your hard work on here Im sure the month will get finished (y)

Matt, I love your kitchen shot.....so much atmosphere, nice website as well, seems you have a thing for chefs! :)

Sarah, the bloom made smile and think of spring! :D

S

All,

Due to an unexpected personal circumstance I will be unable to continue the reminder/focus on the project.

By all means continue if you wish but I'm afraid that I will not be as active as I have been in here.

Apologies to all and I will attempt to reset up another month in the year.

Hope everything is OK Gaz..

I hope the month's project can get finished if nothing else for all the hard work you've put in! :):)

So who was due for today, there's nothing up as yet :shrug:

Anyone else wanna jump in quickly! :thinking:

Would like to apologise for my lack of attention in here lately.

It has been a big couple of weeks for me and I have in the last two weeks taken on a challenge that could in effect turn my life around. I have taken on the extremely heavy task of revamping our local club photography website and this has been my total focus for over three weeks now. It is live but still not approved and I have done little else lately and haven't even picked up my beloved camera for a week or so.

I really need to be mere flexible and multi task so no more website for a day or two and out with the camera tomorrow :) It did feel good to have my camera out again ..

I really must get one of those watch thingies so that I can be at places when people want me to be there :LOL:

C_Geezer's on the case! He should be along with his entry any moment now!

I'll try and carry on Gazedd's fine work to the end of the month, by trying to remember to PM people when they're due.

Here's what's left to remind people

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub...N4V1lTYXc&hl=en&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Not long left, let's try and get this finished! (y)

(y)

Good call Dave!

Oh I just recongised you on my Twitter! Im a bit rubbish at tweeting, lol.... iv sent you a follow request back! :D

i can now breathe :)

Early start to make sure i got a shot for today :) Hope you like it.... of now to wash my salty tripod down and stuff paper in my boots... they are a little soggy!

Well done CGeezer for last nights mad rush... :) bet you said a few words that cant be repeated when you got that call :)

Early start to make sure i got a shot for today :) Hope you like it.... of now to wash my salty tripod down and stuff paper in my boots... they are a little soggy!

Well done CGeezer for last nights mad rush... :) bet you said a few words that cant be repeated when you got that call :)

I was already in bed and just thought I would catch up on twitter before nodding off. :bat: :bonk: :bang: Iwibbly must have wet himself when he saw the commotion he had started :)

Just seen your early morning shot stokes and seems like it was well worth the long drive. did you use any filters? I have my welding glass and now some Cokin filters that I want to get some mileage from this year.

Oh I just recongised you on my Twitter! Im a bit rubbish at tweeting, lol.... iv sent you a follow request back! :D

I've popped you on my list, it's great to have new people there (y)

It's a great pic, well done, certainly worth the early morning alarm call for!

wibbly must have wet himself when he saw the commotion he had started :)

Just that normal sinking feeling mate, knowing it was you :LOL:

Right then.. I'm off to PM the next erm, candidate.... :cool:

I hope that everything's OK with you Gary and that we see you back here soon. Thank you so much for putting this in motion and for all the encouragement that you've given so far.

Thanks to Dave too for picking up the reins and making sure that we see this through to the end.
p.s. Do we need to rope in a standby for the 25th since Mike's already covered one of the days off?

A few to catch up on since my last visit :

16th January
: Well done for standing in Mike and for being brave enough to try to recreate an earlier photo.
Having never seen the original I can't compare, but there's nothing wrong with what you've put up here. Really interesting layering of lights and shadows (y)

17th January : Well spotted and very nicely executed. I really like this one a lot.

18th January : It's great to see so many people using this Collective30 as an opportunity to get shots that they've wanted for a while. Glad that the weather stayed on side for you too.

19th January : Interesting insight into both your working day as a photographer and into the workings behind the scenes in a Michelin star kitchen. And from an artistic perspective that steaminess actually adds something extra to the shot IMO.

20th January : I HATE this one . . . but only because it reminds me how far away Spring is here :razz:
Very pretty Sarah, lovely delicate blossom and it's nice to see a reminder of Spring even if it does make me jealous.

21st January : :bat: Almost sleeping through your entry . . . tut tut. But I'm glad that you did, otherwise you wouldn't have shared these achievements with us. You're still far too modest though - the details are oof so that I can't read what you've actually won, but a big well done all the same :clap: :clap: :clap:

22nd January : That's just beautiful Tom. I love the colours and the simplicity of the composition. Well worth the 6am start (y)

SarahLee said:
Do we need to rope in a standby for the 25th since Mike's already covered one of the days off?

I'm not sure, I'll check the rota Gaz set up and see, thanks for highlighting this (y)

I spoke to Gaz on Twitter and all is OK, he needs to divert his time and attention elsewhere rightly so presently.

It's his project, his inspiration that's got us here though. It'd be great if we could get it finished for him.

I'll happily take another shot on the 25th but it would be better if we can have a different tog for each day.

Mike Jackson said:
I'll happily take another shot on the 25th but it would be better if we can have a different tog for each day.

That's good of you Mike, I think Gazedd's original thinking was for a different photographer each day.

I'll see how we're fixed for reserves and go from there (y)

ive got my idea for tomorrow, should be posting it in the evening!

Can I ask any reserves to advise if they can step in to take a shot for Tuesday 25th? Originally Mike was down for the 25th but stepped in earlier in the month.

If you can advise by tomorrow here, it will save me the hassle of chasing anyone by PM :LOL:

Hi Guy's,
I just wanted to check in with you and see how you all are. I've had a barevement in the family which kinda took me by surprise, we left on bad terms and it kinda f##ked me up for a few days.
Funerals on Friday and so I'm going to be be a bit here there and everywhere. I'm so so grateful you are carrying this on and a massive thank you to Mr Wibbly!

PM's have gone out to all reserves for tomorrows pic!

C'mon guys, who wants it? :D

Too slow - damn :)

Are the images for viewing yet or do we have to wait until the end? Head isn't working enough to read entire thread and understand it... :)

EDIT: found it.... doh!! Some great shots so far (y)

If I'm needed before the month's out, let me know :)

Last edited:
Are the images for viewing yet or do we have to wait until the end? Head isn't working enough to read entire thread and understand it... :)

EDIT: found it.... doh!! Some great shots so far (y)

If I'm needed before the month's out, let me know :)

Glad you found it Pat (y) There's some great images, all the credit goes to Gazedd for thinking up the idea and getting it going (y)

Thanks for the offer :)

Lovely image Mathew - I think you have captured your words very well. Having just lost my dear Dad in November, I too have thought a great deal about time and how we use it. My Dad was quite unique in that he woke every morning happy to be here, I am trying to emulate that. (y)

Yep Matty...

mine is on the 26th which is a date I automatically chose - it is a sad one and it's been playing on my mind so I'm not sure if I can go thru with posting what I want to - if not... I have a very happy one to post... both interlinked in the weirdest way

not sure

I very much liked your sentiment - I wish more folk could feel that.

Azure said:
Yep Matty...

mine is on the 26th which is a date I automatically chose - it is a sad one and it's been playing on my mind so I'm not sure if I can go thru with posting what I want to - if not... I have a very happy one to post... both interlinked in the weirdest way

not sure

I very much liked your sentiment - I wish more folk could feel that.

Post what you are passionate about, happy or sad we can handle everything you may want to show us and let us into your life.

Remember this is so open it's unreal, no limits to anything.

Azure. A wounderful picture and a wounderful and moving story (wrong word sorry) bought a tear to my eye. thank you for sharing that

Some fantastic pics being posted up over the past couple of days or so.

Today's poster should be Elli... :)

ivandobski should be todays poster of the pic, looking forward to seeing it :)

Azure. A wounderful picture and a wounderful and moving story (wrong word sorry) bought a tear to my eye. thank you for sharing that

Thank you Terri... couldn't talk about the other 2 events... 3 deaths on different January 26ths.... but glad I could post the kidz up there and say one of them out loud.

We had to fit it in during morning break and had fun making sure the letters were in the right place - at one point we were back to the future in 2101 :nono: but they were all superstars - love those kidlets! :clap:

This months project nearly completed now - it's been very interesting and revealing to see peoples sometimes silent thoughts in pictures.

Gary - hope you're OK and things are sorting themselves out for you hun.

:wave: to Wibbly!

Hey guys, just 2 days left and this fantastic project is finished (y)

Saturday - SpongeBob
Sunday - Kennysarmy

Looking forward to seeing both images! :)

Did I think we would get to this day?
Seriously... No
Through the past 2 weeks of hell in my life this project has certainly kept me smiling for the few minutes I have cast my eyes over the entries. I may have not be so active toward the end and I thank you all for continuing the project on my behalf.

Did I think we would get to this day?
Seriously... No

Oh ye of little faith :LOL:

the past 2 weeks of hell in my life this project has certainly kept me smiling for the few minutes I have cast my eyes over the entries. I may have not be so active toward the end and I thank you all for continuing the project on my behalf.

Glad to hear you've been amused buddy (y) Now what you got planned for us for Feb :LOL:

Back