weekly Puckers 2013 52 thread: Week 30: step(s) & Week 31: Mono added

Gravity....Another good macro shot, the second edit removing the hair is a little better as it was only a minor distraction.

Wild........Really nice capture as it just glides away with the second ready to follow.

Space........Another lonely tree but this one has some really nice colours to the foreground and the sky.

(y)

Excellent shot yet again Lisa - really loving your work at the moment (y)

Good take on the theme Lisa (y)

The sense of movement through the scene works really well, it tells a story of the play and the ball moving forward. From the two guys on the ground having tackled through to the lad running into the scene, great timing on your part.
I like the vivid colours too, they certainly add a bit of punch to the scene.

All round good work Lisa, (y) Iain

It's a winner for me too, the colours are bright, the posts are straight, the backgrounds relatively uncluttered, you've got the faces, the ball, no chopped body parts, and its sharp and captures the intensity of the movement in the players faces.

Great job from me!

Love this one. The eye is drawn through the story, from background to foreground. Lovely colours as well. (y)

Good take on the theme Lisa (y)

The sense of movement through the scene works really well, it tells a story of the play and the ball moving forward. From the two guys on the ground having tackled through to the lad running into the scene, great timing on your part.
I like the vivid colours too, they certainly add a bit of punch to the scene.

All round good work Lisa, (y) Iain

It's a winner for me too, the colours are bright, the posts are straight, the backgrounds relatively uncluttered, you've got the faces, the ball, no chopped body parts, and its sharp and captures the intensity of the movement in the players faces.

Great job from me!

Love this one. The eye is drawn through the story, from background to foreground. Lovely colours as well. (y)

Agree with all of the comments made thus far. Cracking shot (y)

Thanks everyone, still working on my rugby photography, only been trying for about 2 years now :p Timing being my main issue and following play and missing that big hit that then came in on the past player :bonk: I prefer a higher level game but this gave me something to practice on and a shot for this week :LOL: The players in orange is a uni 2nd team ( 1st team are currently top of their BUCS league) and alot of them are very green players.

Hi, good action photograph that is well composed. Cracking sense of movement and facial expressions add to the theme.

Good depth to show context and the colours work well.

No real crit.

Cheers.

Nicely framed and a cracking action shot. Vibrant colours and some great expressions make this a well rounded shot. Spot on topic too!

Well done.

Ian.

:LOL:

Cracking gluttony the and fun to boot.

Nice colours and composition. It prefer the finger to be more in focus and there are a few distractions on the BG, I refer to the green and red bits.

Gotta love hundreds and thousands :D

Cheers.

Rugby shot to your normal high standard and this is an excellent take on the theme. Agree that the green background is rather eye calling - but on the whole, I rather like it :)

:LOL:

Cracking gluttony the and fun to boot.

Nice colours and composition. It prefer the finger to be more in focus and there are a few distractions on the BG, I refer to the green and red bits.

Gotta love hundreds and thousands :D

Cheers.

Thanks, yes i know what you mean about the green and red bits, green is my gerbera plant i didnt spot and the red is his pj's, i did think after more muted colours would have been better but theres only so many hundreds and thousands i'll let them have in one day :LOL:

Love it! Really good take on the theme.

Thank you :)

Rugby shot to your normal high standard and this is an excellent take on the theme. Agree that the green background is rather eye calling - but on the whole, I rather like it :)

Thank you :) I did try to tone down the green but it affected the hundreds and thousands :bonk:

Got a few more ideas but not sure if ill leave it at one shot or do more yet, we shall see what the week brings :)

Good idea and Great colours (If a little too much in the BG).

I would have liked to see a little more depth of field to get the whole hand in, but these are minor points (the bg & jimjams could be sorted easily enough in PP).

OK I just saw the re-shoot. (y)

Great idea. Looks good fun. Second attempt sharper. Bet they were hyper after all that sugar lol

Thanks all, no not really, doesnt seem to affect them in that way.

Just as a disclaimer and before anyone thinks im am bad parent, they dont get much in the way of sugar in this house and they are fit and healthy and do rugby every weekend, hence the good diet otherwise they will never make the England team :LOL: which yes they have their eyes set on already :D

Love the last two, and yes I think I like the one where he is face planted :D

Hi Lisa

Work...cracking action shot...fab colors , sharper than a sharp thing ,good sense of movement & ...welll...just love it :clap:

Gluttony....brilliant take on the theme & very willing models...oh to be a child again :LOL: Think I prefer the faceplant version though not 100% on the pp...seems to look slight aged...if that makes sense...may just be my monitor though

That looks fun, the reshoot ones do lo better. Well done getting them done so quick

Wow everyone has been quick off the mark this week. I haven't even done lasts...

I think your gluttony photo is fantastic (the very first one) and it really made me smile. Spot on theme, perfect depth of field and the subject(s) nice and sharp....good colours too

Last edited:
Although the focus point in the first isn't quite sharp as you would have liked I prefer the light on the child's face and the composition in this one , the second try the face is a little too dark. The last one looks good too but it's either your choice of processing or the WB is a little off.

(y)

Hi Lisa,
I too prefer your first submission for gluttony, the saturated colours really work well with the subject. I wasn't distracted by the green and red objects, I think as they are vivid colours like the hundreds&thousands they fit the frame. Good work, you were quick off the mark with these. (y) Iain

I really like this whole set! I think the one you picked is my favourite however, really nice detail in the finger and nice DOF leading into the face! Nice shot! (y)

Thanks everyone.

The face planted one has had a vintage edit ( which is something i really like) i know it wouldn't be to everyone's taste :)

Hopefully i'll catch up with everyone's threads tomorrow, if i haven't done so yet :)

Back