weekly Ratman's 52 week challange 2012 Week 10 'Win' Added MONEY NOW ADDED :)

I think that's a fantastic shot, "snapped" or not. I bet it'll be just about the only genuine win posted this week. Well done to your Son too :)

He looks over the moon! Great snap. One for the album (y)

Hi Roly

for a " snapshot " you've really well ( not mentioning the toe:eek: )

He looks pleased as punch & your sound incredibly proud...well done , get it framed (y)

Thanks all for the nice comments. I could of kicked myself when I saw I had clipped his toe. It was a very packed event and the only person who really could get any decent shots was the paid pro and her pop up flash!!

I literally had seconds to take a picture as they were all ready busy getting set up for the team event. It was one of those rare moment when I was just happy to be watching rather than taking photos, very proud daddy :)

Also I am really sorry that I haven't been around much the past couple of weeks. I assure you I will get around to all of you're 52's in the next week and catch up. Life has been so good and exciting the past two weeks that my feet haven't touched the ground.

Thank you all for taking the time again, you're all brilliant people. Enjoy you're day :)

Right I had a few minutes of spare time before I get ready for work, I thought I better get something up for week 9 so I don't fall further behind.

Week 9 - Money (Worries over) - A personal take

A couple of years ago my better half took a tumble down the stairs (Not pushed honest), as a result of this she shattered a couple of discs in her back and cutting to the chase it took the Dr's quite a while to operate. Because of this the shattered disc rubbed and caused scarring on her sciatic nerve which has left her with an unstable spine and very much reduced feeling in her left leg. This forced her to give up a job which she loved and has to walk with a stick/crutched depending on how bad she is that day.

This resulted in us having problems paying for everything and over time the credit cards etc built up and money became a real issue on just one oncome, she wasn't entitled to any money from the goverment as I earn too much.

I decided to apply for a PPI refund as I was sure that it had been missold to me, we didn't get a single penny of them for her accident which we were sure it covered.

Anyway cutting a long story short I was delighted to find that my bank went right through my account and refunded PPi on every loan I had ever had (Loads due to buying lots of motorbikes when I was younger), on Monday I checked my account and they had paid what they said they would which in total came to a whopping £24,441.05.

Needless to say that all my debt is now cleared and I still have a few few grand in the bank :)

So my photo for money is actually me on Monday morning :)

TP Week 9 - Money (Worries Over) by o RATMAN o, on Flickr

Neet, and congratulations on your personal "win".

Win - a lovely family shot with certainly covers the title. you should be very proud of your son!:)

money- I'm really pleased that you have had good news and that life will be a little more comfortable for you now! A lovely photo that goes with your story!:)

Hi Roly,

Great shot for win, well done your your son(y)
Your money shot made me smile, I like it.... then I read your post and wow, that is such good news.

Carol

Industry – I like the toning you’ve given this one

Root – #1 is great. Nice lighting and a well handled B&W conversion

Handmade – Nice DoF and textures in the elephant trunk

Money – That made me smile

Win – Great memento of your son’s win

'Money' a very touching story and nice to hear a happy ending (y)

Nice image this week and fits the theme nicely - well done. Nick

Back