weekly Ratman's 52 week challange 2012 Week 10 'Win' Added MONEY NOW ADDED :)

Morning

Going back a couple of weeks to sweet and I really like your take on the theme. Definitely a different viewpoint and a good shot to boot. I like the composition as it is even without the needle.

Secure is great, a really well taken shot. I prefer the first one as the secure is more prominent. The DOF is good and the logging adds to the shot. The same shot in the day would not have been as good.

Industry is a nice simple shot which whole doesn't scream industry it does show it. It's definitely a working boat and certainly the livelihood for many a local fisherman.

Good work and I look forward to seeing the rest.

That's a good take on it, taken from a good angle with no distractions.

Thanks for taking the time to comment everyone :)

My instant feeling was to do something travel industry related but I already did the aircraft at work last week.

Then started thinking about the decline in industry in general and thought about an empty industrial unit but couldn't find anything suitable, then when I was looking through my Flickr I found the fishing boat. I walk past it all the time and it amazes me how it never moves.

Had to wait a while to make sure I didn't get anyone in the background as I wanted an empty background to try and show it as a abandoned forgotten part of Worthings early industrial past.

I can however see how it doesn't make you think about industry, not sure yet how I'm going to do something different with Root, thinking cap on time :)

Got to be honest the theme this week just didn't inspire me at all, only had today to get a picture and the weather is pants.. Anyway enough excuses, just hope tomorrow is kinder...

1. Infa red root

Basically found a small fern plant growing on a walk this morning, thought I would have a go at converting it to IR.

root1 by o RATMAN o, on Flickr

2. Illuminous Roots - This really stood out today, they almost glowed in the dim lighting of the local forest.

root2 by o RATMAN o, on Flickr

3. One from a few years ago at Eden project, thought this was a clever idea.

root3 by o RATMAN o, on Flickr

#1 for root gets my vote Roly.
IR is not something I have tried but it does give a very pleasing effect.
The fern has an almost 3D look to it.
I am sure we will all get weeks like you've had where the theme doesn't really inspire but you have done well in spite of that. Good work (y) Iain

Sorry not stopped by.

Really nice industry shot, would happily have that picture on my wall. Nice colours and compo.

I like #1 for roots but I do like #3, good take on the theme and definitely a bit different.

HI Roly

Lovely processing of the boat...on 1st glance does'nt say industry but when teamed with the text it fits perfectly (y)

Root....torn between 2 + 3...the horse is very unusual...well done for remembering the shot as it fits the theme with a different twist (y)
The tree roots are great , nice low POV , the moss stands out really well & highlights the roots :clap:

'Industry' - sometimes less is more. This is a a really good interpretation of the theme and the contours and toning work nicely with the composition. Would love to see this in pure black and white too.

'Root' great use of wideangle lens and small aperture makes #2 stand out for me and like the vivid lush greens.

Nice to catch up with your work again and it's really nice (y)

Thanks for taking the time to leave comments, I will be doing the rounds now I have got a photo sorted for this week.

Had an idea for this week, but once again the weather hasn't tied in with my days off, bet it's nice tomorrow though Grrr. So resorting to the back up plan.

This is a hand carved elephant that my Mum has as a desk tidy, think it's original purpose was supposed to be a rather arty egg cup.

Was nice to get the macro lens out this week, roll on the nicer weather so we can get out an about a bit :)

TP Week 7- Handmade by o RATMAN o, on Flickr

very nice :) :clap:

Great lighting on this to show up so much detail love the DOF, :clap:
The eye gives it a look of it saying sorry

Hi Roly, playing catch up here.

Industry - fits the theme wonderfully, nice and simple shot, the processing certainly works on it.

Root - another vote for #1 for me too, nice and sharp and again the processing really works

Handmade - dof spot on, bang on focus where it needs to be and fits the theme superbly.

Great shot! I love the DoF, and the expression on his face! Brilliant!

Lovely bit of macro work Roly (y)
The dof and composition you've chosen here is spot on. Sharp focus on the eyes too. A good week. Iain

Thank you again for the comments, I have since found out that the elephant is actually a incense burner, which makes a lot more sense...lol

Thanks guys :)

Got to be honest I am struggling this week for time and ideas, the idea i had has already been used. Thinking cap on....

I know it's just a snap shot but it's a personal take on the theme this week.

Win - Today my Son entered his first ever Karate competition, he was as cool as a cucumber whilst me and Mum have been nervous all week. We went out of our area completely so he didn't know any of the kids he was fighting. He came second in his age group and won his fight in the team event.

He also managed to get his final stripe on his belt this week so he will be a blue belt next saturday if he grades ok.

To be honest I was more interested in watching than taking photos so excuse the quality but to me this is a special photo :)

I just though that this met the theme too well to ignore, I might take a more arty picture of the trophy this week if I get time after I find something for money.

tj trophy.jpg by o RATMAN o, on Flickr

Sometimes grab shots are great and this is one of them. He looks really chuffed with himself and well he should be...:clap:

You did, however, clip his toe...;)

Cheers.

Back