weekly Richard, 52 week - Change added

Cut - a very original idea well executed. You have my deepest admiration for getting the light just right on the notice without getting any unwanted reflection on the candle holder :clap:

Balance - I can't quite decide whether the piano in the bg has some sort of relevance to the theme, or whether it's just there :confused: Very nice dof though and I do like monkeys ;)

That's a cracking monkey. Well composed and the lighting works well. The DOF is just about bang on for me. The slightly cluttered BG and wallpaper really add to the photograph.

Is it your house :)

Cheers.

Hi Richard... nice one! I think that's very witty and really like the idea. Your exposure on the scene is bang on. I also think the simple composure works very well. Lighting on the monkey is good and excellent on the piano/organ (I'm guessing it should be the latter even if it looks more like the former!)

The only tiny comment which is not your fault, but an observation is that the bokeh looks quite "nervous" on the organ... usually this is just the nature of the lens and nothing that the photographer can affect, but I thought I'd mention it (others my disagree, as quality of bokeh is really quite subjective)...

Great photo!

Blimey... and then there are more...

Cut - As per the others really, excellent idea, the candle would be nice in focus, but seems the card is the star of the show that's not an issue for me... like it (y)

Balance - Ha haaaaa yes a very good monkey, I too love the DoF, can't quite make up my mind on the background, thinking it adds a nice natural background, but I look again and think it's too busy :bang: - fun idea, nice photo :)

Hi Richard

beautifully sharp , great bokeh , nicely placed in the frame (y) Not so sure about the stuff on top of the piano but other than that I quite like the bg (y)

That's a cracking monkey. Well composed and the lighting works well. The DOF is just about bang on for me. The slightly cluttered BG and wallpaper really add to the photograph.

Is it your house :)

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. Not my house, actually a holiday home in Scotland so I couldn't do anything about the bg anyway other than work with a shallow DOF.

Ha, I really love that richard.

Fantastic car in a lovely setting in the before shot... And an amazing change into the after version. Brilliant that you've kept the crop the same and the text makes it clear what you're doing with nthe HDR version.

I'm going to have to give up following you around Graham @overbez , I saw the image and thought exactly what you'd wrote.

I suppose it makes it easier for me to reply.....
whs.gif
:D

Excellent Richard, I love it too :clap:

Hi, Like the idea so it works well for the theme, with Andy above not sure its a change for the better, but I suppose that is missing the point

What a good idea for the theme :clap: I prefer the original, but I like the way the reflection of the wall comes out on the side of the car in the processed version.

Hi Richard, well that's on theme. I can't say I particularly love the processing... and I'm guessing it's not your first choice given I haven't seen you do it before but blooming well done on making something really different and perfectly on theme! :clap: Oh, and the original photo is absolutely great...

HI Richard

I'd love to know your thoughts on that image . It certainly works for the theme & is a great example of HDR taken to extreme........was this a preset in Photomatix or similar ?
Hi Lynne, thanks for the feedback - I took a leaf out of your book and processed it in Nik effects. Played around with various filters but mainly high contrast / extreme detail to exaggerate the difference with the before shot.

Back