weekly Richard, 52 week - Change added

Strong, is that in Morecombe??

The angle and Dutch tilt works for me. I want sure about the right crop but I feel it adds to the drama.

I recall it being very colourful...got a colour version??

Cheers.

Hi richard,
Smoke.. nice one, makes sense when we know the reason behind have the light there :)
Numbers... I like this one, perhaps a little brighter glow t make your numbers stand out better (y)
Strength..is that water at the back? like the image tho' maybe needs a different crop to level the skyline(y)

Strong, is that in Morecombe??

The angle and Dutch tilt works for me. I want sure about the right crop but I feel it adds to the drama.

I recall it being very colourful...got a colour version??

Cheers.
Thanks Andy, it is in Morecambe, well spotted. The colours have faded a little and the light was a dull and soft that day so B&W seemed the obvious way to go.

Hi richard,
Smoke.. nice one, makes sense when we know the reason behind have the light there :)
Numbers... I like this one, perhaps a little brighter glow t make your numbers stand out better (y)
Strength..is that water at the back? like the image tho' maybe needs a different crop to level the skyline(y)
Judi, thanks for the feedback. Yes there is water in the background. I played with a few different crop angles and decided the one that filled the frame was the most dramatic so fitted the them best.

Some good colour, detail and interesting patterns in the smoke for re-shoot Richard (y)

Numbers, clever PP (y), it would be beyond me :)

Strength, interesting, like the pov (y), what's it look like in colour?.....:thinking:.... Possibly a good place for a nice sunset :)
Thanks Phil, would be nice for a sunset if we ever get a clear night! Thanks for the feedback.

Yes I'm liking "texture" more & more.

Is it upside down?

Hi Richard ...I like this image a lot...I see the link mentions 'stacking' it's not something I know anything about, but I am assuming that's what you've done to achieve this one. It's very eye catching indeed ... the progression of the colour from top to bottom is perfect ... an excellent idea for the theme and very nicely done.

Hi Richard

what a wonderful statue for the theme..... , given your description of the weather it sounds like mono was a wise choice , plenty of detail & very sharp (y) Unfortunately the tilt doesn't work for me though I can see why you did it.....

texture...LOVE IT....great lighting , fab colors....perfect :clap::clap:

Yes I'm liking "texture" more & more.

Is it upside down?
No it's the right way up. Thanks for the feedback
Hi Richard ...I like this image a lot...I see the link mentions 'stacking' it's not something I know anything about, but I am assuming that's what you've done to achieve this one. It's very eye catching indeed ... the progression of the colour from top to bottom is perfect ... an excellent idea for the theme and very nicely done.
Thanks. I wanted to try focus stacking which is the technique I used for this. Quite straightforward just need to take time with the set up.

Hi, can only agree with everyone else really good texture pic great colour and an interesting point of view

HI, thats the strangest squirrel I have ever seen, could do with cloning out the string thats holding him there
Dream not sure she actually looks like she is day dreaming, her hands are in an awkward position too, not a fan of the vignette either, sorry
your link is not working either from the pic only thread

I like the squirrel, looks enough like a real one, and is in the appropriate setting, that the fact its a stuffed one is comincal, and gave me a chuckle.....

Daydream is a super idea, but as Allan says, I don;t think this portrays it either, says "standing with eyes closed" rather than daydreaming.

Link still not working from pics thread either!

HI Richard

Wild....made me laugh , in the correct setting & a good upward POV but does need to lose the string

Dream...this is gonna be one difficult theme...I like the vignette & the overall exposure looks spot on :) Wondering if positioning her leaning against the garage door wold have worked better ...then again maybe not

Strength – I'd usually say the hoizon should be straight but in this case (forgive the pun) it strengthens the image.

Texture – Super image. The texture is certainly more prevalent at the top but it's the colour that makes this a winner. I like how it graduates from darker to lighter as the eye is led down the image Very nice.

Wild - A different take on the theme. Made me smile. The bokah effect through the leaves is nice.

Dream - I think I would echo some of the comments already said about whether it says dream or not. I can't complain though as I'm struggling to think of anything for the theme at the moment.

Thanks for all the feedback people. As you spotted I struggled with the Dream theme. Anyway it's all part of the learning experience onwards to another week!

Playing catchup so will be brief (sorry!)...

Smoke - love the smoke, but as with others, not convinced with the light. Well shot though - and great lighting.

Numbers - spooky, you have the same phone as me... I like the colour matching although it does feel a bit "forced".

Strong - love the subject, your angle and overall capture. As Phil-D said, at a different time of day you'd have quite a different picture - not necessarily better, but could be a reshoot candidate to see what other conditions throw out? Even a night shot??

Texture - I really like. Simple subject but well taken. Saturation looks bang on through my screen.

Wild made me smile because it's so obviously not! I love it. Nicely shot, although even tighter DOF might work well, too?

Dream - it's a tough theme and a really nice idea... just not sure that shot was "it". Was she aware you were taking the photo? If not, you did well to get something that fitted closely at all - well done!

Nice shot Richard and good framing & focus of the very unusual structure. Exposure looks good with detail in the darks. It's a shame about the houses etc. on the right of the frame but bar cloning, I'm not sure what can really be done.

Minor crit - the sky looks quite digitised... are you shooting jpg?

Also... erm... this is a bit embarrassing as it's probably a silly question... but... where's the vertical :oops: :$

Nice!

Hi, great building, few issues with the PP as pointed out by Andy
and perhaps a different maybe lower view would accentuate the vertical aspect of it

Look closely at the LHS ;)

It's a cracking building, my style to a tea.

Pity the clouds and colour of the RHS of the sky doesn't mirror the LHS.

Cheers.
Not sure how I could have made the clouds match on both sides as that was how the wether was that day. Maybe a different pov, but the site was actually quite cramped so difficult to get the building in frame. Thanks for the feedback though. Did do a b and w version which helps.

Last edited:
I like this, no problems with teh clouds one side and blue sky the other, I like teh textures on the sides, and the light turning to shadow across the twisted plane of teh side.... bit tight and not sure the houses so close help, but if that's what it's like then thats what its like.

I'm sire something in there is vertical too, it HAS to be! :)

I will agree the sky looks a bit overprocessed, and is there a few dust spots top left?

Back