Ricoh GR III Owners Thread

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Traded some gear in with A dealer and fancied trying a GR2. Unfortunately they have sent me a GR, I only realised when I was looking for the WiFi and was checking the current firmware. I have taken a few photos with it and I’m seriously impressed. I know the GR is more or less the same as the GR2 but has anyone gone from the 2 to the 3, there’s about £400 difference but I liked the GR a lot more than I thought I would and now wonder if it’s worth going for the 3 for the improvements and if the extra is worth it.

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Traded some gear in with A dealer and fancied trying a GR2. Unfortunately they have sent me a GR, I only realised when I was looking for the WiFi and was checking the current firmware. I have taken a few photos with it and I’m seriously impressed. I know the GR is more or less the same as the GR2 but has anyone gone from the 2 to the 3, there’s about £400 difference but I liked the GR a lot more than I thought I would and now wonder if it’s worth going for the 3 for the improvements and if the extra is worth it.
As I said above I decided that at nearly half the price to go for the grii and I’ve not been disappointed. It’s a great camera! Obviously I don’t know if I’d have been even more impressed with the griii but it would be difficult!

Name
Mark D
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi I haven’t had any other GR and started on the iii
I find it very accomplished up to about iso 1600 not great after that. The image stabiliser is just amazing it works for me down to 1/10 sec as long as the object isn’t moving.
The WiFi app is really good and I can transfer raw files to my phone and edit in Snapseed
The iii is insanely sharp in output it’s macro capabilities are relatively good
Hope this helps

Last edited:
Name
Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone else had problems with their GRiii not powering on properly when the On/Off button is pressed? Sometimes mine fails to respond until the fourth or fifth press.

Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No
Name
Hi Ho Silver away !
Edit My Images
No