RIP Gary Coyle

Another here who has had dealings with Gary on the classifieds, and also enjoyed looking at his photos. Sad to read this as he was an all round good egg.

Gary PM'd me about my recent dispute thread to give me his support, I had no idea he had been ill.

Thoughts go out to his family, must be an awful thing to have to go through.

Makes you realise (again), how lucky we are to be here.

Just home from a trip into the wilds with no phone, no tent and living off the land...not the sort of news I expected to come back to. Sympathies to family and friends.

Horrible news. I read it on a laptop I bought from Gary. I went round to pay / collect it and was made very welcome while we had a fair old natter. Although this was the only time we met, he was clearly a very likeable and knowledgable guy and my condolances and wishes are with his family.

Can't believe it. Had no idea. Didn't know him. But bloody hell....RIP Gary. Thoughts are with the family.

Can't believe it. Had no idea. Didn't know him. But bloody hell....RIP Gary. Thoughts are with the family.

Only just seen this thread.

I echo the above. I live not far from GC and he was the most helpful, lovely chap. I had no idea.

He loaned me a couple of lenses and even a body on occasion. I've also bought a few things off him. Heck, he even gave me an offcut of his fake grass when I mentioned we were thinking of doing the same. Met his wife and I'm so very gutted for her and the rest of his family.

A lovely man, friendly, straight talking and always willing to help. He also happened to be a great sports photographer too.

My sincerest condolences to his family.

RIP GC. A top man who will be missed [emoji22]

S

I've not been on the forum for a while, really didn't expect this to be the first thing I'd be reading :( Very sad loss of an individual who made TP such a great place for me when I first joined. RIP Gary, condolences to the family.

Only just seen this. Spoke with Gary a few times and he was a gentleman through and through.

Thoughts with his family and friends.

Very saddened and shocked to read about Gary's passing. A very good photographer, knew his stuff, but most importantly, a genuinely no nonsense man.

I met him a few years ago when I purchased a mint Nikon 400mm f2.8 from him. He was very generous, professional and honest.

RIP Gary.

We've been discussing this very thing in the staff room. Rather than deal with the complications of consolidating lots of individual donations, Talk Photography will be sending a wreath on behalf of all members and staff.

Following on from Vicky's earlier post, we've had a talk in the staffroom and we've decided that we'll also collate comments and messages from this thread into a book of condolence for Gary's family.

I know that his family have seen the thread, but it will eventually fall down the page and into internet obscurity so we thought it would be nice for them to have a physical record of the number of members whose lives Gary has touched on.

Last edited:

Following on from Vicky's earlier post, we've had a talk in the staffroom and we've decided that we'll also collate comments and messages from this thread into a book of condolence for his family.

I know that his family have seen the thread, but it will eventually fall down the page and into internet obscurity so we thought it would be nice for them to have a physical record of the number of members whose lives Gary has touched on.

This would be a very good idea...

Am still shock as it is

RIP Gary

Rest In Peace, Gary, never met you but it I think you were an unforgettable member of the community.

I only had the chance to meet Gary once some time ago but I remember him as very friendly. RIP Gary and condolences to his family.

I never knew him, but by the amount of respect shown here, Gary certainly deserves our thoughts, as does his family at this sad time.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Mj

Such sad news, I only ever met Gary the once when I picked up a tripod off him that he wanted rid of whilst he was having his kitchen done. He was a genuine bloke, who was very generous with his time and had some great stories and the way he told them. A real loss to our community.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Gary, but always found his involvement in any thread to be interesting, knowledgeable and with bags of common sense. He will be sorely missed. R.I.P.

I've not logged in for quiet a while and quiet shocked of his passing, He had helped me immensely in getting my Sports shots right, He will be sadly missed RIP Gary.

Horrendous news.

I had advice from Gary via PM. Honest as the day is long.

Not sure how young. Gary was but taken too soon.

Best wishes for his family.

RIP Gary

Had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of years back and having a good chat over a coffee.

A loss to the world.

I do not look in on this forum as much as i would like and was saddened to read the news of Garys passing when i logged in today.
A straight talking man who didnt suffer fools gladly. I had a few online chats with the man and can say his advice was invaluable to me.
Condolences go to his family, RIP Gary

Very sad news thoughts go to his family. I never met him, but I've heard he was a very nice guy who will be sadly missed.

Back