Daily Samuelslade007 2016/7 365 Popcorn and Malteasers - Day 161 Predestination

In Time

Day 022

Will: Four minutes for a cup of coffee? Yesterday, it was three.
Assistant: You want coffee or you want to reminisce?
Will: Two coffees.

24911721992_046a0e2ca1_c.jpg

Your love for coffee is showing. :)

Amazing series so far. Loving your style even though sometimes I don't get the connection between the movie dialogues and the photo.

Day 023

Rachel: Dayton.
Bus Driver: Two hours.
Rachel: It's always been an hour.
Bus Driver: Now it's two. Price went up.
Rachel: Since when?
Bus Driver: : Since today.
Rachel: My son is meeting me. He'll pay the difference.
Bus Driver: I can't do that, policy.
Rachel: Please? It's a two-hour walk. I have an hour and a half.
Bus Driver: Then you'd better run.

24935897892_7c3480c105_c.jpg

Day 024

Car Salesman: Fifty-nine years. Plus tax. The price includes delivery.
Will: Delivery?
Car Salesman: To wherever you're going to display it.
Will: Display it? Hell, I'm going to drive it.

24943741112_2bfda5c1d9_c.jpg

Day 025

Sylvia: Call.
Will: That's good. Just not as good as that.
Sylvia: Ooh! You haven't forgotten how to play cards. Why did I play strip poker with you?
Will: Why did you?

24729438939_2d41b9ac57_c.jpg

Day 026

Fortis : The reason the Timekeepers leave me alone is 'cause I have boundaries. I steal from my own people. You surely know things are bad when I have to restore order. Fortunately for you, I don't like to kill a man in cold blood. I do it. But I prefer not to. I think you deserve a fighting chance. We play to zero.
Will: What's the point? I lose, I die. I win, they kill me.
Fortis : If you don't fight, I'll kill you now.
Will: And her?
Fortis : After I take you, I'll take her. Oh, yeah. And her time. Then I'll collect my reward for making everything right in the world.

24470664263_91a9f392e4_c.jpg

Liking the low POV on these.

So, gotta ask, is the narrative from actual movies/books or from you??

Cheers.

THanks Andy .... the narratives are direct from the films and the images are my take on those lines..

Day 027

Philippe: You'd steal from your own father.
Will: Is it stealing if it's already stolen? What's the combination?
Sylvia: Well, it's not my birthday. You've started to regret that day, I imagine, Father. Try 12-2-18-09. Darwin's birthday.
Will: Survival of the fittest. It cost us centuries just to bribe our way in here. Let's see what it got us. Quality time. There really is a man with a million years.
Philippe: That's my first million. It won't be my last.

25137280035_b15659cec3_c.jpg

Day 028

News Report: Still no sign of fugitives Will Salas and Sylvia Weis. Authorities continue to ask for the public's help in bringing these criminals to justice.
Sylvia: Told you there were bigger banks.
Will: You almost missed your calling.

25039802562_f5a46e68e4_c.jpg

Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

Day 029

Answerphone Message 1: Mr La Fleur, this is Doris from the Department of Water and Power. We've been trying to reach you, but your phone was disconnected. We'll be shutting off your water and power at 5pm today due to an eight-month overdue account. Thank you and have a nice day.
Answerphone Message 2: This is Seth from Videorama. The following DVDs are now overdue. Drunken Hussies 3, Backdoor Patrol 5 and Mona Lisa Smile. Thank you.

24790986059_f8675ffbd6_b.jpg

Very good as always (y)

Day 030

Peter: What are the chances? Same day, right across the street? The girls beat us fair and square. I am gonna be a gentleman about it and congratulate every one of them, personally.
Gordon: Guys. Not to be a nay-sayer or anything, but the only customer we've had is that weird guy who keeps paying Justin to wash his truck.
Customer: That's it, boy. Get in there nice and deep, like.

24904735050_3d9755d654_c.jpg

Day 031

Peter: That's very nice, Gordon, but everyone's tired. Playing a game isn't gonna help.
Gordon: There's a tournament in Las Vegas. I feel so dumb I didn't think about it before. I read about the Las Vegas International Dodgeball Open every year in Obscure Sports Quarterly.
Peter: Of course. That's a totally common thing.
Gordon: The best part is it's open to any team that wins a regional qualifying match.

24591685994_fc2c8ffb3d_c.jpg

Day 032

Patches: If you're gonna learn to be true dodgeballers, then you've got to learn the five Ds of dodgeball: dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge. If you master the five Ds, no amount of balls on earth can hit you. Queer bait, go ahead.
Justin: Me, or... Yeah, shouldn't we learn by dodging balls that are thrown at us, or...
Patches: That's what this sack of wrenches is for. If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

25243661305_596245d97e_c.jpg

Day 033

Lance Armstrong: Can I get a bottle of water? Aren't you Peter La Fleur?
Peter: Lance Armstrong?
Lance Armstrong: Yeah, that's me. But I'm a big fan of yours.
Peter: Really?
Lance Armstrong: Yeah, I've been watching the dodgeball. I just can't get enough of it. I'm really pullin' for you against those jerks from Globo Gym. I think you better hurry up or you're gonna be late.
Peter: Actually, I decided to quit, Lance.
Lance Armstrong: Quit? Once I thought of quittin', when I had brain, lung and testicular cancer at the same time. But with the support of my friends I got back on the bike and I won the Tour de France five times in a row. But I'm sure you have a good reason to quit. What are you dying from that's keepin' you from the finals?
Peter: Right now, it feels a little bit like shame.
Lance Armstrong: If people never quit when the going got tough they'd have nothing to regret all their lives. Good luck to you, Peter. I'm sure this decision won't haunt you forever.

25170859911_5cc947d5e3_c.jpg

Day 034

Cotton McKnight: In 23 years of broadcasting I thought I'd seen it all, folks. But it looks like Peter La Fleur has actually blindfolded himself.
Pepper Brooks: He will not be able to see very well, Cotton.

24917098809_4e08e09631_c.jpg

Day 035

Peter: Hi. I'm Peter La Fleur, owner and operator of Average Joe's Gym. I'm here to tell you you're perfect just the way you are. But if you feel like losing a few pounds, getting healthier, and making friends in the process, Joe's is the place for you. Don't forget that youth dodgeball classes are forming right now. So come on down and learn a great game the way it's supposed to be played. Right, kids?

24940630489_87cc551409_c.jpg

Day 036 - Dredd (2012)

America is an irradiated wasteland. Within it lies a city. Outside the boundary walls a desert. A cursed earth. Inside the walls a cursed city, stretching from Boston to Washington, D. C. An unbroken concrete landscape. Living in the ruin of the old world and the mega structures of the new one. Mega blocks. Mega highways. Mega City One.

25236299162_103d46cce1_c.jpg

Day 037

Dredd: What do you make of this, rookie?
Anderson: I don't know, sir.
Dredd: It's a cold-burn from a Slo-Mo inhaler.
Anderson: Slo-Mo?
Medic: Only just hit the grid, but it's making big waves. Makes the brain feel as if time is passing at 1 % its normal speed.
Dredd: Guess it felt like a long way down.

25269648912_ff2a9e69f6_c.jpg
[/url]

Day 038

Computer: Security protocols accessed. War protocol accessed. Blast shield initiated.
Dredd: Warned you. Get up. You're headed for the cubes.
Siren: Stand clear of doors.

25297306372_dd487cb3d6_c.jpg

Day 039

Dredd: Citizens of Peach Trees. This is the law.
Gang Member 1: Who do you think you are coming up in here?
Dredd: Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area.
Gang Member 1: Where's that coming from?
Gang Member 2: Over there. Access corridor.
Dredd: You have been warned. You now have 20 seconds to comply.
Gang Member 1: It's you doing the complying, Judge. There's 10 of us, only two of you. Why don't you step out from behind that doorway, or we're going to blow the f*** out of you.
Dredd: Ten seconds to comply.

24822914254_76c84f6f9b_c.jpg

Day 040

Dredd: Comms are back on. Control. Do you copy?
Control: Affirmative.
Dredd: Request immediate assistance.
Control: Copy, 10-24. Judges under fire. Showing your location as Peach Trees, Sector 13. Confirm.
Dredd: Confirm. Be advised, blast door defenses have been triggered.
Control: Can you hold your current GPS?
Dredd: Negative. If they come for us, we have got nowhere to go.
Control: Copy that. Backup is on its way. Just stay alive.

25388897091_c1eeb2a18e_c.jpg

************* Update *********************
The writing on the ground is in remembrance of a 13 yr old lad who skated all over Peterborough, who sadly passed away on the 20th Nov 2015. I wasn't aware of this at the time of taking this shot. Flowers on a bench nearby should have been a bit of a hint.

Last edited:
Day 041

Ma-Ma: You're a piece of work, Dredd. But then so am I. You think I didn't know I'd get busted some day. Goes with the territory. This entire level is rigged with enough high explosives to take out the top 50 stories. If they go, the rest go, too. Like the jewellery? It's a transmitter synced to my heart beat. My heart stops beating, the building blows. Everyone in it, ash. You got no way out, Judge. Put your gun down. Do you know how many people live in this block?
Dredd: This isn't a negotiation. The sentence is death.
Ma-Ma You can't afford to take the risk.
Dredd: We're a kilometre above ground. What do you figure the range is on that thing? Could it get through How about 200? Let's find out.

25389119242_f30d58f1d3_c.jpg

Day 042

Mega City One. Living in the ruin of the old world and the mega structures of the new one. Only one thing fighting for order in the chaos, Judges.

24908440343_7a620a691c_c.jpg

Last edited:
Day 043 - Premium Rush (2012)

I can't work in an office.
I don't like wearing suits.
I like to ride.
Fixed gear, steel frame, no brakes.
The bike cannot coast.
The pedals never stop turning.
Can't stop.
Don't want to either.

25324072930_c069e3eccc_c.jpg

Day 044

Raj: Security Courier. Yo, Nima, what's up? Yeah, he's here. Where we going? Okay... Okay. All right. Great. Got it. Wilee, you're in luck. Your alma mater summons. law school main office, drop is in Chinatown. I need you south of Pell in 90 minutes. Let's go.

25619801345_4ced34927d_c.jpg

Day 045

Bobby Monday
: This is the one. Let's see, what do we got here? What do we got? Keep your eyes to yourself, all right, buddy? I'm not done. Six plus seven is s***! Six plus five is s***. Eight plus five is six... ls seven... ls s***. It's all s***, no matter how you add it up.

25619994755_66ccf141b0_c.jpg

This is not a film I'm familiar with Sammy, but I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride (y)

Back