Daily Samuelslade007 2016/7 365 Popcorn and Malteasers - Day 161 Predestination

Day 137

Withnail
: I want to stop and get hold of a child.
I: What do you want a child for?
Withnail: To tutor it in the ways of righteousness...and procure some uncontaminated urine. This is a device enabling the drunken driver to operate in absolute safety. You fill this with p***, take this pipe down the trouser... and cellotape this valve to the end of the old chap.

26973073984_f46556af42_c.jpg

Day 138

Farmer:
Hey!
Withnail: What's the matter with him?
Farmer: Shut the gate!
I: You didn't shut the gate!
Farmer: Stop that bull!

26974328933_6111ddb36c_c.jpg

Day 139

Danny
: The joint I'm about to roll requires a craftsman. It can utilize up to 12 skins. It is called a Camberwell Carrot. It's impossible to use It's impossible to make a Camberwell Carrot with anything less.
Withnail: Who says it's a Camberwell Carrot?
Danny: I do. I invented it in Camberwell, and it looks like a carrot.

26973076904_28f9970f69_c.jpg

Day 140

"I have of late, but wherefore I know not, lost all my mirth. And indeed it goes so heavily with my disposition...that this goodly frame the earth...seems to me a sterile promontory. It's a most excellent canopy, the air. Look you, this brave, o'er hanging firmament. This majestical roof fretted with golden fire. Why, it appeareth nothing to me...but a foul and pestilent
congregation of vapors. What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, how like an angel in apprehension. How like a god! The beauty of the world: Paragon of animals: Yet to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me. No, nor women neither. Nor women neither. "

27004388414_5c3b39ae98_c.jpg

Day 141 - The Princess Bride

Grandfather:
I brought you a special present.
Boy: What is it?
Grandfather: Open it up.
Boy: A book?
Grandfather: That's right. When I was your age, television was called books.

27516027082_dfca23b5f7_c.jpg

Day 142

Inigo:
Look! He's right on top of us! I wonder if he's using the same wind we are using.
Vizzini: Whoever he is, he's too late. See? The Cliffs of Insanity!

27362752860_89dfb8f4c3_c.jpg

Day 143

Vizzini:
You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia." But only slightly less well known is this... "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!"

27660862725_9e77b93d74_c.jpg

Day 144

Prince:
So it's to be torture. I can cope with torture. You don't believe me? You survived the Fire Swamp. You must be very brave...but nobody withstands the Machine.

27592658362_0522c8c942_c.jpg

Day 145

Vicar
: Marriage... Marriage is what brings us together... today. Marriage... that blessed arrangement... that dream within a dream...

27437235670_e25ee0319e_c.jpg

Day 146

Princess Buttercup
: I got married. I didn't want to. It all happened so fast.
Westley: It never happened.
Princess Buttercup: It never happened. But it did. I was there. This old man said man and wife.
Westley: Did you say I do?
Princess Buttercup: We sort of skipped that part.
Westley: Then you're not married. If you didn't say it, you didn't do it.

27444647040_21d9acd24b_c.jpg

Thats a great film, and the images are not too shabby either Sammy (y)

Thats a great film, and the images are not too shabby either Sammy (y)
Thanks Cobra..... but shabby.... .or ..... shabby.......... I had 5o hire that room for a night and negotiate terms with a certain lady of the night so it didn't seem weird I was in there alone.... and yes....it's a brilliant film...especially compared to the book , apparently. Not having read it myself as the film is awesome... (y)

Not having read it myself as the film is awesome... (y)
I've not read the book either, TBH

I had 5o hire that room for a night and negotiate terms with a certain lady of the night so it didn't seem weird I was in there alone
You had to pay her to stay away? I'm not sure that was a good deal, on your part TBH :D

Day 148 - Brick

Emily
: Brendan?
Brendan: Emily?
Emily: Yeah. How's things?
Brendan: Status quo.
Emily: Yeah?
Brendan: Mmm-hmm.
Emily: That's good.
Brendan: What's going on, Em?

27702586771_6156a7af74_c.jpg

Day 149

Brendan:
Throw one at me if you want, hash-head. I got all five senses and I slept last night. That puts me six-up on the lot of you.

27763928556_9864347de9_c.jpg

Day 150

Brendan:
You're in a spot but I can get you out of it, if you just come back to me.
Emily: No, you're not hearing me! I don't wanna be put away and protected.
Brendan: Whatever befalls you, I'll deal with.
Emily: No.
Brendan: Just tell me about the trouble with the brick, The Pin.

27810640975_99f51a0634_c.jpg

Day 151

Brendan:
You The Pin?
The Pin: Yeah. So now I'm very, very curious what you're gonna say next.
Brendan: Maybe I'll just sit here and bleed at you.
The Pin: Helled, if you're gonna go breaking my best clients' noses and expect me to play sandbag. Anyway, you've been sniffing me out before then. Sniffing for me like a vampire bat for a horse with a nick on its ear that he can suck on. They do that. So now you got Tugger to bring you in, which he never does. And you got me listening. So I'm very curious what you have to say that better be really, really good.

27551814210_e67968f335_c.jpg

Day 152

Brendan:
The chem the junk must've been cut with put him down. Bad junk, bad brick.
The Brain: Could that form of heroin be called brick?
Brendan: It was a concentrated powder. Its street handle's "whip," "rock" or "brock."

27279067183_f590852490_c.jpg

Day 153

Brendan:
Write this down. I'm gonna be out of The Pin's by 4:15. So at exactly 4:15, you put an anonymous call into the bulls. You tell them there are drugs in the trunk of the black Mustang outside The Pin's house.

27279068453_ce83a48d6e_c.jpg

Day 154

Brendan:
Last week at the payphone, Del Rio and Sarmentoso, she saw something she was scared of. Tug's car driving by, The Pin riding shotgun. But she wouldn't have seen The Pin. No, she was across the street, angel. She saw the driver's side. She saw You. She saw you, and she ran like she saw some devil.

27279068893_d68b91e230_c.jpg

Day 155 - Predestination

"Grafts have taken. The reconstructive transplant is stable. But you understand
you will look different to what you remember. Eyes will heal. You should recover well for this final mission."
"And then I'll be decommissioned."

29780984064_8279c1ed74_c.jpg

Day 156

They gave me contact lenses. I'd never seen the world so clearly before. They tested our endurance. Made sure we were fit for space travel.

30114499930_56996e19c0_c.jpg

Day 157

He was different. I liked him. He was the first man who was nice to me without playing games. I was young and in love. Famous last words. Haven't you ever done something stupid for love?
Once.

30114501140_2983bd7abe_c.jpg

Day 158

Jane: Well, you know what they say about good things happening to those who wait.
John: But only the things left behind by those who hustle.
Jane: I was thinking the exact same thing. What are the odds?
John: What are the odds.

30114502350_7d11d441d2_c.jpg

Day 160

You tricked me.
The choice was yours.
What choice?
I'm not going to leave her.
That's the way that it is. It's the way it always has been. I'm sorry if you feel deceived. But it's a mistake to think that we can change certain events. Just like you said, some things are inevitable.
But I love her.
I know. I know that. And now that you've found her you know who she is. And you understand who you are. And now maybe you're ready to understand who I am.

30294870812_3e86fc71da_c.jpg

Day 161

But when the dust settles I think you'll see that we did the right thing.
I will never become you.
No, I'm curious. Did you report that your decommissioned Field Kit
didn't decommission? Right? Some people say that it's fate. But you and I, we know some things are predestined. I made you who you are. You made me who I am.
It's a paradox, right?

29779862733_cbe5b987f5_c.jpg

Good to see you catching up with this again Sammy (y)

Oi, ya back :)

161 works for me. Never heard of Predestination, might give it a looksee :)

Cheers

it really did go under the radar of a lot of ppl... i knew it was coming and made a b-line for it, and when it came out on dvd... even tonight i having rewatched it for the quotes i've been blown away with the twisted storyline... don't just watch it once though...... although i admit i watch it purely for sarak snook these days..

Back