Daily Samuelslade007 365/6 Challenge...Day 365 of 366

Yet more fantastic work Kev, though I'm starting to realised that your other half either has a massive collections of Bra's that or there's something about your weekend life you've not photographed :LOL: :LOL: :naughty: :exit:

Matt

Yet more fantastic work Kev, though I'm starting to realised that your other half either has a massive collections of Bra's that or there's something about your weekend life you've not photographed :LOL: :LOL: :naughty: :exit:

Matt

now what would you be suggesting there young matt!!...anyway you're not the first to realise my obsession with clowns and all things circus.. :naughty: .. wait... you never mentioned baggy trousers filled with custard???... :cautious: ... twirling bow ties... uh oh... :exit:

SP Schloss Tanzer GD Day 24

SP ST GD Wk 04 Pc 03 Day 116 by Kev_H, on Flickr

Who started the fire...

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it

Billy Joel...

Last edited:
Hiya Kev,

OMG! Your imagination surpasses moi! You have such a talent and TBH you are wasted in the job you do as a profession. You defo have the photographic ability and skill to do something more creative and rewarding .... and at the end of the day (pardon the cliche) something you obviously enjoy too. And that is what life should be all about .... having fun, enjoying what you do (even if it involves expression of emotions that one would not normally portray) .... but I have to say .... many of your pics hit home.

You are a true inspiration, with such a creative mind and very talented photographer too.

Keep up the brilliant work ..... I always look forward to seeing what you produce and your dedication to same is so encouraging.

Cheers

Dawn x

Kev, too many wonderful photo's for me to comment on them all :eek: but I guess the stand out one for me was the birthday hat one (y) your whole expression shows someone that dosn't look to enjoy birthdays :LOL: but it's a great images (y)

Matt

HWest said:
Hey Kev - how did you do the fire effect on that self-portrait? Was it a plugin or sheer talent?

I ... Learnt it from slowing a YouTube video down that speedily took you through creating a human torch effect of superman... Literally to the point of pausing every other second. And gleaming the settings and filters used in the process. I try to stay away from plugins as such. My ps barely has the out of the box filters.. Glad you liked it. Thanks

MWHCVT said:
Kev, too many wonderful photo's for me to comment on them all :eek: but I guess the stand out one for me was the birthday hat one (y) your whole expression shows someone that dosn't look to enjoy birthdays :LOL: but it's a great images (y)

Matt

Thanks Matt... When you've spent most of your life avoiding Mrs fotheringays parties in the 14th century...you really don't look forward to them anymore... The text on flickr says about the hats for those whose birthday it is. For those who've just had one...or for those due one... Kind of a catch all...

Glad you liked it. And the rest. But I do sympathise with you...for doing a photo a day... When you said about low points... I'm doing two a day... I must be a masochist...

Thanks Matt... When you've spent most of your life avoiding Mrs fotheringays parties in the 14th century...you really don't look forward to them anymore... The text on flickr says about the hats for those whose birthday it is. For those who've just had one...or for those due one... Kind of a catch all...

Glad you liked it. And the rest. But I do sympathise with you...for doing a photo a day... When you said about low points... I'm doing two a day... I must be a masochist...

I'm just going to go with :wacky: I have day's where the photo's are just so easy the options seem limitless but it's the days that you spend an age just trying to find a photo opportunity that hurt the most, I wouldn't even want to think about doing a double challenge :eek: :exit:

Matt

drodd said:
Hiya Kev,

OMG! Your imagination surpasses moi! You have such a talent and TBH you are wasted in the job you do as a profession. You defo have the photographic ability and skill to do something more creative and rewarding .... and at the end of the day (pardon the cliche) something you obviously enjoy too. And that is what life should be all about .... having fun, enjoying what you do (even if it involves expression of emotions that one would not normally portray) .... but I have to say .... many of your pics hit home.

You are a true inspiration, with such a creative mind and very talented photographer too.

Keep up the brilliant work ..... I always look forward to seeing what you produce and your dedication to same is so encouraging.

Cheers

Dawn x

Thank you for lovely and very encouraging words... I'm on ?? 117 self portraits... I don't remember the first one now... So long ago... So many faces...sometimes I don't even recognise myself... Honestly..are they all me... As for selective colour... Only just the other week I was approached and quizzed about my challenge... They were amazed and had never seen the technique.... Shame that's where the interest stopped... As for in the wrong profession.... But I enjoy being a relief fisherman on a herring trawler .. ??

MWHCVT said:
I'm just going to go with :wacky: I have day's where the photo's are just so easy the options seem limitless but it's the days that you spend an age just trying to find a photo opportunity that hurt the most, I wouldn't even want to think about doing a double challenge :eek: :exit:

Matt

I have days like that... Some I have it in the can by early evening....some I think all day of what I can do... And its not til late that something pops into my head...

Something I am trying to do is not manipulate the photo too much...the fire is a simple effect using colour balance and inverting colors etc... No cut outs or putting me on a beach scene in oz... So looks like I'll have to save up and do it for real...

SP Schloss Tanzer GD Day 26

SP ST GD Wk 04 Pc 05 Day 118 by Kev_H, on Flickr

I heard he sang a good song, I heard he had a style
And so I came to see him, to listen for a while
And there he was, this young boy, a stranger to my eyes

Strumming my pain with his fingers
Singing my life with his words
Killing me softly with his song
Telling my whole life with his words

"You're late...so i helped myself to your larder... you need more cheddars"

Last edited:
149 really sticks out as my favourite of the most recent ones. Keep it up, you're nearly at half a year!

SP Schloss Tanzer GD Day 29

SP ST GD Wk 05 Pc 01 Day 121 by Kev_H, on Flickr

...no, you're not seeing double..and no i haven't lost my marbles...

finding a green shirt i opted to do a double take.. and SC and an SP in one go... lazy to some... crafty to others... (y)

...note: the shadow is PP'd in.. i'l hold my hands up.. i could have tried better in the lighting... but i am short of time. March will be more focused on lighting, though i can't guarantee less guns.. i love those wii guns!

Last edited:
Back