weekly Samuelslade007 TP Photo52 2017 - Week 52 Weather (COMPLETE) ..i think?

Week 47 - Build

37967036344_56f07ddc66_c.jpg
[/url]

A superb catch up all very strong images, you are very fond of the tilt though but I accept its your style, well done for catching up good to see you back

Hey there SS7, that's a bit of a catch up :)

Agriculture - This has the SS7 feel to it. Loving the detail, shallow DoF and gritty feel.

Graceful - Nice juxtaposition of the flamenco dancer with the guitar against the oof speaker grill. It's touches like that, that whow you've thought about the makeup of the image. (y)

Fruit - Hmmm. Have you considered B&W for this one? It doesn't have shout Frank at me (except the border).

Vehicle - Made me chuckle. Where is it?

Piece - Back in the groove with a gritty street image. I do hope that's not your car though.

Contrast - Interesting find (unless you coloured that in yourself). I like the unconventional crop of the chap sitting, we don't need to see his head.

Clean - Spot colour!!!! (okay, I know it isn't ;) )

Curves - A gratuitous Dutch there. Oddly I find myself drawn to looking at the background, especially the tower top left.
Maybe it's because that is brighter?

Occupational - Great jacket hanging on the curtain rail. Are we to take it that your occupation is secret service ;)
Thanks for all the comments peps.....

regards Piece... yes that was the damage some very kind person did just to get a £30 secondhand dashcam

A superb catch up all very strong images, you are very fond of the tilt though but I accept its your style, well done for catching up good to see you back
It does seem like something I gravitate to.. .. I seriously try the flat or the upright way.. :)

And here he is again with a huge catch-up, taken all recently or spread out ?? either way I'm also glad to see your images again, a very individual style, tough to choose just one to comment on but I'm going to choose the Symmetry image, unusual to see a shot from you that is level, its a simple image but sooooooooo effective for the theme, love it (y)

Wow...symmetrical? That shot was thought of as I finished Height.. Lego was out I looked for the original vintage no arms Lego ppl but spotted el skeleton and looked for a background.. literally mins to think compose and take the shot...

And this catch up was a promise to gf that I didn't do any sewing for the whole weekend...

This 52 has been tough on time for me.. so next year might be 24s .... as u do right ;)

Quite a catch-up there

You - A typically dark SS7 image, very urban looking. He looks more friendly than confrontational.
Arch - Quite reminiscent of @Manxmaid's from September, but with your processing approach and a very different angle. How did you get the high angle?
Display - Could almost be an instamatic b&w shot, obviously related to the shot below (bent)
Bent - Which presumably refers to the keeper's stance? Quite a bit of action, but could do with having the puck in the shot don't you think?
Wood - Decking? Puts me in mind of an old abandoned pier. Great texture and an engaging shot which hints at a story.
Wall - Well, yes it is, but it's not particularly photogenic ;) I like the colours captured contrasting the cone and the sky, but wall... Well, I can't complain about shoe horns ;)
Symmetrical - Dark... Without being dark. Clever and bang on theme too.
Worn - Sorry, don't get that one. Further explanation required.
Colourful - The vignette certainly directs the eye, plenty of colour, quite a fun shot and typical SS7 whilst not being typical.
Height - Very clever. I didn't know you could get larger Lego men.
Remote - Yes but no. On theme, but for me, it's not you.
Build - Made me chuckle. A fair bit of work has gone into constructing that shot (y) Oddly they appear to be building WWII landing craft?

Not good about the window. Must've cost more to fix than the dashcam cost to buy :( I don't have one, but have often thought that the best place to mount one would be behind the grill (could have issues with dirt on the lens I guess).

Quite a catch-up there

You - A typically dark SS7 image, very urban looking. He looks more friendly than confrontational.
Arch - Quite reminiscent of @Manxmaid's from September, but with your processing approach and a very different angle. How did you get the high angle?
Display - Could almost be an instamatic b&w shot, obviously related to the shot below (bent)
Bent - Which presumably refers to the keeper's stance? Quite a bit of action, but could do with having the puck in the shot don't you think?
Wood - Decking? Puts me in mind of an old abandoned pier. Great texture and an engaging shot which hints at a story.
Wall - Well, yes it is, but it's not particularly photogenic ;) I like the colours captured contrasting the cone and the sky, but wall... Well, I can't complain about shoe horns ;)
Symmetrical - Dark... Without being dark. Clever and bang on theme too.
Worn - Sorry, don't get that one. Further explanation required.
Colourful - The vignette certainly directs the eye, plenty of colour, quite a fun shot and typical SS7 whilst not being typical.
Height - Very clever. I didn't know you could get larger Lego men.
Remote - Yes but no. On theme, but for me, it's not you.
Build - Made me chuckle. A fair bit of work has gone into constructing that shot (y) Oddly they appear to be building WWII landing craft?

Not good about the window. Must've cost more to fix than the dashcam cost to buy :( I don't have one, but have often thought that the best place to mount one would be behind the grill (could have issues with dirt on the lens I guess).

Thanks Tim, a lot of feedback. Appreciated. Regards Bent, yes puck would have been good but as i was down the winning end at that point it rarely came down to us. Height, the lego man is a torch keyring. Remote...yes i was lazy :/

And yes, the window was costly compared to the dashcam, however when autoglass scratch the side window and have to send a 2nd chap out to replace that then we were all losing :(

Week 52 - Weather

39301459162_b49a47a44b_c.jpg

Stood freezing my bits off in short sleeves whilst the weather was whipping up a storm, took 4 photos of tall conifer trees being blown around, then merged all of them in using the HDR plugin in the Nik Collection, rather impressed with the outcome and the final image for a very long year for me :banana: ...i mean....it is the end right?? :beer: because i'm not sure if i could carry on and start 2018 without a small break o_O

Thanks Dave (y) yeah... I like to give the young ones a head start then my last slips under the radar... i took the first weather shot then took 3 more but didn't even think about merging them till it came to post production.

A strong finish to the year Mr Bond, and they all exhibit your distinct style :)

Juicy has a distinctly ominous feel to it. What had Barbie done to deserve that fate?
Broad is perhaps the least 'you', in that it isn't gritty, but still has the strong blacks you use. My one comment would be that it's a bit floaty as there is nothing to anchor the books.
Rustic - Interesting angle. I initially thought you were shooting horizontally and wondered why the sign was on the floor, but a bit more looking at the image put me right.
Festive is well, Festive in a horror movie kind of way :clap:
And finally, Weather. Well, even with the description I'm not sure I see fir trees. It's certainly a striking, interesting image.

I'm going to go for Juicy as my pick of your catch-up.

Enjoy your break before 2018 :)

A strong finish to the year Mr Bond, and they all exhibit your distinct style :)

Juicy has a distinctly ominous feel to it. What had Barbie done to deserve that fate?
Broad is perhaps the least 'you', in that it isn't gritty, but still has the strong blacks you use. My one comment would be that it's a bit floaty as there is nothing to anchor the books.
Rustic - Interesting angle. I initially thought you were shooting horizontally and wondered why the sign was on the floor, but a bit more looking at the image put me right.
Festive is well, Festive in a horror movie kind of way :clap:
And finally, Weather. Well, even with the description I'm not sure I see fir trees. It's certainly a striking, interesting image.

I'm going to go for Juicy as my pick of your catch-up.

Enjoy your break before 2018 :)
Now that you mention it about Broad yes I can see they're floating now.. I should have left a hint of the background. A dividing line cutting the scene maybe. Barbie was initially going to have even less on but I didn't want a NSFW tag this close to the end. I've tried to attach a jpg of one of the tree images I used but not sure if it has as doing it from phone. Thanks for all your great feedback though much appreciate (y)

Arch, symmetrical, worn, rustic, festive, stand outs for me Kev, though there isn't an image I dislike at all. Sorry not commented for a while. Really enjoyed just going back through your images. Well done on finishing!
Thanks Michael. Any feedback is appreciated. Good luck for 2018

Just to echio the others, good finish retaining your trademark style. Happy new year!

Good work Frank ... powerful little images.

something saucy about juicy, but, standout for me is Rustic .... truly excellent, original approach.

Back