Scot's quine's 52 Challenge for 2021 - Week 52 added

Cure kitty :D

Adorable. I used to have an Asian cat and she was so very special. I currently still have a 15 yr old moggie but if I ever have another cat, it will be a Burmese or a Bombay :love: Lovely photo too ha ha!

Very Christmassy

For me, the bubbles distract a bit from what would be a really nice, clean still life. It's almost like I can smell the freshness from here!

This is tricky - Like Ian above I think the main image is really lovely. I'm less distracted by the bubbles than the things that look like ?watermarks? on the background. I think the image alone on a plain background might have worked better.

The bubble less image is my preferred of the 2 as well Joan.
Happy Christmas to you and yours as well.

Pete

I prefer the image without the bubbles too as an image, but I get the sentiment of wishing everyone a Merry Christmas in the original. I like them both. Merry Christmas!

I like the decorated image I think, with the exception of the one big bubble that intersects the candle and the flower. Everything else settles into the picture nicely.

Perfect for the theme. How did you do it? It works well on the background. I am mystified though. Is it a composite?
No, not a composite - although I really wanted the bulb to be lit but couldnt work out how to do it! Penny has a blob of blutack behind it and the bulb was held up by a cocktail stick behind it (also stuck into a blob of blu tack and carefully positioned so only a tiny bit of the stick was visible and easily removed in PS. Sitting on black card with black card behind. Taken in natural daylight in the conservatory which is my goto place for still life type images. Not least because I can shut the door and walk away from the mess knowing the cats can't get in and run away with any of my props - has been known! or eaten the flowers if I'm doing flower photography!!!!!

Last edited:
WEEK 52 - SHOWCASE

So many to choose from it was difficult just to choose one but eventually went for a whippet one.

N5B_9642-6-sm.jpg

Nice finish Joan. :)

The people next door to us have two whippets and my dogs try to keep up with them when they run up the garden, fat chance; I didn't realise whippets how fast whippets were, it must feel like flying to them. Well done on the 52, onward and upward.

Thank you all. Yes, whippets are fast - they can turn upwards of 30mph! I just love photographing them.

I remember this one (or one very similar). Excellent shot showing the power and grace in these dogs.

I like the detail in the muscle structure, and the focus on the dogs face.
All the best for 2022!

Well done Joan, great capture that really carries the sense of power and speed.

Back