weekly Seamaster75's 52-Week Project (Week 4: Wild - Added)

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all and welcome to my 52-Week project :)

Last year saw me complete a 366 to get back in to using my DSLR properly. You can see the results here if you're interested. This year I'm carrying on the 365 thing, but with my iPhone only, so I thought I'd try to really stretch my creative DSLR muscles with a 52-Week project.

Enjoy and please feel free to leave constructive criticism.

Thanks,
Drew

Last edited:
I can normally find something to pick up on - but not here. Captures the gluttony take on sin theme perfectly and completely!

Great start to 2013.

Good idea, sums up the theme rather well. I did a 365 on my iphone a couple of years ago, I thought about using it for this 52 challenge but have already used my DSLR and we're only one week 1.

Hi, there, plenty of Sin and self abuse there. Apart from the bananas :D

Well composed and chaotic.

I'd like to see a bit more pop, though, just feels a tad flat.

Good start.

Cheers.

looks like it was a great party... suits the theme well, great start to your 52

nice start can't really offer any crit its nice to see people doing something different with the theme

Hi Andrew & a belated welcome from me :wave:

Can't really add much to whats been said already but I do like your thinking....sharp where it should be , great focus & plenty to keep you looking around the shot ...top start to your project mister (y)

Great idea and setup for the theme. I did have a little giggle at the idea of a glutton eating a tiny little petits filous, though. :)

Nice capture, you've really got the flakes on the border sharp and it's well exposed :)

If I have one suggestion, it's that it might look better with some of the foreground (out of focus) snow scraped away, leaving you with more on the same focal plane and therefore sharp, or perhaps a bit more DoF. As it is, there's a bit too much snow-blur obscuring the lovely detail of the rear flakes imho.

I like the snow against the black background. Its also nice and sharp too.

Wow love the snow pic. I've been trying to do a similar shot and failed miserably but this is good.

Hi Andrew, first time visiting your thread, apologies.

Good start to your 52, your submission for sin works well, showing the excesses of the season. Lots to look at in the scene, which holds the viewers eye.

Season, I like too. The snowflakes really stand out against the black background. I might be tempted to crop some off the bottom, I feel the oof front snow draws the viewers eye a little. Iain

I can forgive almost anything about the foreground etc for the wonderful sharpness of those flakes! (BTW I think cropping the foreground would be wrong... going back in time and scraping them away isn't an option either!) Really nice.

I wasn't so taken with the sinful one; a bit over-staged, I thought. Call me Mr Grumpy though. I'm not really used to the idea of setting up shots like that! Execution great, though

Like it. Nice minimal photograph. Good control over contrasting colours.

I did a savage crop to just include the RH side and there was still plenty of detail in there.

Cheers.

nice macro of the snow the FG has already been mentioned can't add anything else

Thanks all for the comments on my 'Season' shot :)

It was quite a struggle to get this, as it was a thin crust of snow balancing on the rim of a flower pot. I tried increasing the DoF to get more of the snow in focus, but found it v. difficult to move the camera/flower pot to get this to work. I have since invested in a macro rail to make this easier.

Thanks again and I'll be visiting all your threads soon,
Drew

Very nice - love the added interest the sloping ground brings.

All looks spot on to me - just a couple of maybe's if I may.... maybe a bit more leg showing (oo-er), maybe the feet slightly apart, the black between the shoes looks a tiny bit amiss. It's probably real but my first thoughts were that I should be able to see a hint of the mortar line through there.

But overall I think you've done a really great job here!

Like the shot, interesting idea.

Very nicely done. Feet level avoids the other possible interpretation!

I have been looking at this shot over the last few days, and although I love it I couldn't help feel, like siblingchris has said, that the person is sitting on the wall.

I really like the simplicity of the picture though, and the choice of black and white.

Back