weekly Severn Bore's 52 in 2014

Hi Andrew :)

Smooth - Liking this Andrew, would work a bit better if a hand was holding the plane, but still well lit, good DoF and pleaseing angle (y)

Attached - Definetly prefering the coloured version, almost looks alive !!!!

Energy - A nice selection of shots here, the most pleasing for me is the third one, they are all well exposed and lit, prefering the sky in the first :)

Hi Andrew, like the idea, composition works well, nice subtle part reflections (y) ......:thinking: it does look to me like the 'main interest bottle' (Old Hooky) is slightly oof, it looks to be the one 2nd from left (London Pride) that looks in focus :)

Yes Round ... I thought about that too ... thought about snapping a round of drinks.

So well done thanks Andrew.

... a bit lacking atmosphere ... a west country style buxom wench? Hmmm ... just a thought.

Sorry Susie, I agree that smashing and cracking are interchangeable where eggs are the subject of the photo.... But here surely only cracking will fit?? :D

Round - Hmmmmm not sure on this one mate, using it as a 'round of drinks' I think it needs tops off and a glass or two, as it is it's a bunch of random bottles... sorry :)

Nonsense - Now I like this one, a good play on words, nicely set up and nice even lighting too - Like It (y)

Hi Andrew

Nonsense....cracking idea :D , nicely set out , well lit & sharp and most brilliantly on theme :clap: FWIW I'd be tempted to crop a little closer all round

Round....quite strange how the centre foremost bottle seems a little oof but the rest are perfectly sharp ....cracking DOF as well (y)

Round - Hmmmmm not sure on this one mate, using it as a 'round of drinks' I think it needs tops off and a glass or two, as it is it's a bunch of random bottles... sorry :)

Nonsense - Now I like this one, a good play on words, nicely set up and nice even lighting too - Like It (y)
Hi Andrew

Nonsense....cracking idea :D , nicely set out , well lit & sharp and most brilliantly on theme :clap: FWIW I'd be tempted to crop a little closer all round

Round....quite strange how the centre foremost bottle seems a little oof but the rest are perfectly sharp ....cracking DOF as well (y)

Thanks for comments. I agree with Dark Knight about the "Round". I was very tempted to take the tops off, but when I had then drunk them all - as I would have been obliged to - I would not have found my way back to the computer!
Love the "cracking" comment from Lynne, and yes, I am puzzled by the OOF appearance of the front bottle. Must check cleanliness of my lens.
Andrew

Five tins of Quality Street - now there's extravagant! (Whereas 5 magnums of beer and 1 tin of QS would have been quite normal :p )

Nice balancing act.

A belated Merry Christmas to you too.

Not quite sure what exactly is being supported there Andrew, but it looks like some pretty heavy duty stuff! Well done on finishing the year :clap:

Thanks Elaine. They are road bridge supports across the Gloucester - Sharpness canal and are pretty substantial!
Andrew

Oooo nice one Andrew, love the shape of that one, I'd love to see a tiny tad more on the right to bring the whole support in and toning down of the base to the bottom LH corner to remove attention being drawn to it... a great structure, really like that, good find (y)

And well done also for completing the 2014 52 :clap:

Hi Dark Knight,
Glad you like it, subject to a couple of points that I can go along with.
All the best for 2015!
Andrew

Pattern: I like it, I was going to do the same then I remembered we haven't had a knitting pattern in our house for decades.

Bliss: Did you put the maroon boundary around the image or is it part of the image i.e. through a window? In any event I'm afraid this image is not for me for two reasons, the surround and the fact that it's chocolate; I dislike chocolate :/

Fragile: Fun little picture, cleverly thought out.

Pattern: I like it, I was going to do the same then I remembered we haven't had a knitting pattern in our house for decades.

Bliss: Did you put the maroon boundary around the image or is it part of the image i.e. through a window? In any event I'm afraid this image is not for me for two reasons, the surround and the fact that it's chocolate; I dislike chocolate :/

Fragile: Fun little picture, cleverly thought out.

Hi Martin
My wife was a regular knitter, so I had no problem finding a patter - although it was priced at 1 old shilling!!!
Chocolate is not exactly my idea of Bliss, but was running out of inspiration. The photo was taken through a shop doorway and I added what was supposed to look a bit like melted chocolate around the frame. It looked like Dairy Milk on my calibrated monitor, but obviously did not appear the same on yours.
Thanks for comments.

Hi again Andrew...glad you're back for another year of fun :wave:

Congrats on finishing your project & with a super mono shot...:clap:

PS.....can you start a new thread for your 2015 project....I got most confuddled seeing your photo's in the 201 pic's only thread & the link taking me to your 2014 thread.....doesn't take much to confuddle me to be fair :runaway:

Fragile....neat bit of pp there..good fun image well put together :)

Hi Andrew

Welcome back for another year! My first "full" year :)

Patterns: funnily enough, I also had this idea for the theme but couldn't find anyone who knits! Perfectly on theme.

Bliss... well, one man's bliss is another man's dread. With two young children, the idea of loading them up with sugar is definitely on my "dread" list!! Well captured shot though :)

Fragile - made me smile and a good laugh... well done! Obvious PP isn't always a bad thing and your entertaining image is a case in point.

Back