Daily Shaheed's 366 challenge

Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
Hi people

I've had a year where a lot of my camera gear has been locked away due to house renovations. These are now complete and feel like I want to catch up!

Ive started doing a 366 - I hope i can see it through. Apologies if this is the wrong place to post them.

The Night Before the Morning After (1-366)
by Shaheed Rahman, on Flickr

Get Down Mr Brown (2-366)

Fond Farewell Samyang 85 F1.4 (3-366)

Sophia (4-366)

Not Fair, Not Safe (5-366)

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Fantastic photos, loving the portraits. Will keep popping in to comment. Good luck keeping to the 366.

Last edited:
Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Shaheed, doubt the iphone will hinder you, with looking at the images you have posted already..

Name
Ruth
Edit My Images
Yes
All very striking images - The NHS one stands out for me as making a very good point! I also really like today's image, a (y) for snoopy and I like the b/g.

There is nothing wrong with taking an image of a picture that suits the sentiment you are feeling at the time. Good luck for year :)

OP
OP
Sir SR
Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
All very striking images - The NHS one stands out for me as making a very good point! I also really like today's image, a (y) for snoopy and I like the b/g.

There is nothing wrong with taking an image of a picture that suits the sentiment you are feeling at the time. Good luck for year :)
Thank you - I'm dreading the day whenI have to use the iPhone for a pic -I think its impractical to think I'll be able to use my DSLR for all the pics!

OP
OP
Sir SR
Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
iPhone's don't take such bad pictures and a 366 is about pushing your boundaries, taking a good picture with an iPhone can be a challenge in it's self.
I know - I'm going to try some dance photography later this week and want to do more non people shots! I've taken a few pics with my iPhone which I like but I guess I'd ideally want them to be on the dslr!

I've probably taken more shots that aren't people portraits in the last 3 days than I have in the last 3 months - already a good thing!

Name
Ruth
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a particularly busy time. Covering theatre/ICU/labour ward and a&e emergencies!
I am guessing your in anesthetics then :)

I took your advice last night. My first iPhone pic of this challenge!

Not quite in a break (on the journey from a&e to ICU) as I didn't get one of those til 5am.

I'll post it up in a bit

Shaheed
I'm looking forward to seeing it - I'm currently on a strange time zone but will pop back to have a look after archery :)

Name
Ruth
Edit My Images
Yes
Now that is an image with impact! Nice tones and great lines. I really like the effect you have created.

So you can get good images out on an iPhone and while on the night shift and not a portrait in sight :clap:

OP
OP
Sir SR
Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
Now that is an image with impact! Nice tones and great lines. I really like the effect you have created.

So you can get good images out on an iPhone and while on the night shift and not a portrait in sight :clap:
Thank you! It was taken with the humble iPhone 5 and a bit of basic fiddling in Instagram (gasps!). I like a border so uploaded it to the computer and posted it from there.

OP
OP
Sir SR
Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
I'm finding the hardest part to be doing a pic after a long day at work. I'll go to take a pic in a while. Certainly finding that thinking about the next day's shot a day in advance helps. I might need to develop a few "bankers" for when I'm not sure about what to shoot!