weekly Shaun's 52 2012 week 4 sweet added.

Name
Shaun
Edit My Images
Yes
Shaun's 52 2012
Week 1 : Direction http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4328039&postcount=9
Week 2 : Fear http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4329685&postcount=19
Week 3 : Sigh http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4370480&postcount=24
Week 4 : Sweet http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4372329&postcount=28
Week 5 :
Week 6 :
Week 7 :
Week 8 :
Week 9 :
Week 10 :
Week 11 :
Week 12 :
Week 13 :
Week 14 :
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

Last edited:
IMG_12551.jpg

think I may have messed up with the re-size

it would help if it was bigger, it is slightly difficult to give feedback on something that small :) Although it does look nicely focused and i can see where you were coming from on the theme

Hi Shaun, well you obviously know about the size..lol

What I can see looks nicely exposed has nice lighting and I like the crop.

Good start to you're 52, look forward to seeing some bigger pictures of yours soon :)

I should stop rushing and slow down while posting/uploading pictures I am out of practice the image was supposed to show the direction of the fan rotating and the way the direction of the light was effected when the image was taken. the image started of 21MP in size and I ended up posting a 7.1kp image:bonk: will try again later.

Not sure how you all re-size your pictures before posting? tried a similar method but dropped the resolution down to 72dpi which has given me a larger picture I think, I will attach it below,
IMG_1255_3.jpg

altered again sorry for all this testing
IMG_1255_5.jpg

Last edited:
Most people fear the dark and the unknown so I have tried to put it into a thought that may be in your mind.

IMG_12842jpg.jpg

Not sure it comes across in the photo and still not sure my uploading skills are correct

Welcome and good luck with the challenge. In your fear photo I would crop it so the word is central. Bit too much black space on the left side for me.

If you arent using it already Flickr is a good way to host your pictures and then post here.

Same Crit on the light painting idea but a must on the cloning and here is the advice some one gave me on posting from Flickr :quote:If you click the share tab above your image in flickr you need to grab the link and get the bb/html code, copy this and then paste into your post.:quote:

Thanks for comments and advice you can never have too much of both, on of this years 52 I plan to try and learn more photo processing skills and edit after advice etc, will try and repost later, still finding it hard to fit in the time to carry out as I would rather try and get it right first time which I know is almost like mission impossible.

Like the idea with your light painting, think you need to edit / clone out the bottom line on the F
Fear and not Eear
Darren

Same here, yet another idea that i thought of but hadn't a clue how to do, fear of the dark not the light painting,

Good look with the next 50

Best wishes
Cliff

It was my first real attempt at light painting just had to find a darkroom which is pretty easy when you turn off the light,set up the camera focussed manually on the wall 0.4m away set a 2 second delay so I could get into position then spell out the word using a normal torch not LED in the allotted time of 30sec that was the difficult part.

Sorry Shaun, I typed out a reply... not sure where it went...

The first small image looks good, but I think it didn't survive the resize upwards... Be a good idea to go back to the original...

Fear I like, fits perfectly, but I'd lose the bottom part of the F also.

Agreed, the edit is much better

"All the lonely people" sculpture" in Liverpool city centre always used to make me sigh when I used to walk past, especially on early mornings when nobody was around.

IMG_2226-sigh-3.jpg

Last edited:
Just to add the man taking the photo is just a member of the public, I don't think he realised I was also taking a photo :)

I like the retake of fear; very spooky. I also really like the Eleanor Rigby shot. Why is he on tippy-toes? Nice candid.

20120127_0347-colour-pop.jpg

nice to be finally up to date :)

I'll let you know when I get there :eek:

As for the photo I like that, nice lateral thinking there, wonder what it'd be like to whisk them eggs :) I think the selective colour thing works well too as they are such brightly packaged!(y)

Sweet.. I find cream eggs too sickly sweet, but the picture's fab.

Back