Show us yer film shots then!

A quick one on framing square, Wilkinsons are doing square pine frames, they're nowt special but they're good for the money and you can paint them any colour you like. I've got some 6"x6" and a 12"x12" (£6).

:razz:

as promised, some from yesterday with the Mamiya 6 and mostly 50mm lens:love:

3130649021_8e5e581c99_o.jpg

I love this capture, love the contrast and even the ever so slight halo looks good! Well done.

I really need to move into full frame film.

Loving the colours in that last set jgredline!

This one from about 14-15 years ago, i think it was shot with F90 and 28f2.8ais and probably fuji film to be honest i cannot remember:crying:

a few marks and so on the negs now, but i still have 12x16 print on my wall

EPSON006.jpg

Jox, I am always impressed with the color you pull from your photography. Simply great stuff!!

Can't take credit for that, its the film, though I think that first one isn't balanced right, bit too pink.

I really need to move into full frame film.

35mm is full frame, most digital slr's have a smaller sensor than 35mm film, also referred to as cropped, hence the distinction.
You mean Medium format, which is miles bigger than 35mm....:)

I am looking at different color films. Trying to find something rich.

Fuji Velvia

Calumet LA

Buy some 100F

Just got the scanner out for what seems like the first time in ages!

One of my son, taken in quite a dim room without flash with a Spotmatic, 50mm wide open at 1.8 and using Fuji Neopan 400;

isaacbib1.jpg

Can't take credit for that, its the film, though I think that first one isn't balanced right, bit too pink.

35mm is full frame, most digital slr's have a smaller sensor than 35mm film, also referred to as cropped, hence the distinction.
You mean Medium format, which is miles bigger than 35mm....:)

Fuji Velvia

Calumet LA

Buy some 100F

Jox, I did mean medium format not full frame.
I will be ordering some of that film based on your recommendation. The results speak for themselves!

Feliz Navidad.
I would like to share the gift I am giving my Dad this evening for Christmas. I had it printed in a 24 x 36 matt finish and put into a nice oak frame. My wife shot this with the traveling K1000 loaded with Tri-x 400 and I wish the clutter was not there. I scanned this to 2400dpi and the full size print looks much better...
May the Lord bless you all and keep you safe under his wings.

3generationsofGutierrezLARGER.jpg

Last edited:
From my first roll of Delta 400 (shot at 400). Still really struggling badly with drying marks. This is my worst roll yet. I am going to get some distilled water and re-rinse them.

Quite liked the light of this one though...

IMG.jpg

From my first roll of Delta 400 (shot at 400). Still really struggling badly with drying marks. This is my worst roll yet. I am going to get some distilled water and re-rinse them.

Quite liked the light of this one though...

IMG.jpg

Gosh, I wish I was struggling like you :) That is some nice work and great use of the grays. It is a nice photograph...

Gosh, I wish I was struggling like you :) That is some nice work and great use of the grays. It is a nice photograph...

Cheers JG! Really liking this film. Quality feels different to the FP4+ I have used up until now.

Here's another from my roll of Delta 400... Significant meaning to any Glastonbury Festival regulars. Shot maybe a little soft?

Do you use Rinse-aid? We have a fairly hard water source, and a couple drops of rinse-aid does wonders

I can honestly say where I live is the hardest water I have experienced. Mrs F is always moaning about the state of her hair after washing.

I always use a drop of rinsing agent - Ilfotol - and the last rinse is in Brita filtered water.

This still leaves awful marks and this afternoon I bought some demineralised water from the Petrol Station to see if this helps. This is my last hope!

I can honestly say where I live is the hardest water I have experienced. Mrs F is always moaning about the state of her hair after washing.

I always use a drop of rinsing agent - Ilfotol - and the last rinse is in Brita filtered water.

This still leaves awful marks and this afternoon I bought some demineralised water from the Petrol Station to see if this helps. This is my last hope!

You use rinse-aid, then empty it, and rinse again with water?

I tend not to do that. The rinse-aid usually glides off itself with gravity, and leaves nothing behind for me.

I'd try that, next roll.

No - sorry I wasn't clear. I use a drop of wetting agent in the final rinse!

Sorry for the poor quality scan..

I took this 22yrs ago with my OM101 whilst on Scout Camp..

raincamp800.jpg

Here is one from a snow trip I took last week. Kodak BW400CN
i missed the exposer by about a stop so I have been trying to fix it but my PP skills are at a
very novice stage.

Liking this. Especially the contrasty sky. Did you use a filter or get that in PP? Really like the lead in and the changing camber of the road.

Last edited:
Hi JezSutton I hope you got your photography badge for that one?!

Some night photography from the same roll...

image2.jpg

The second one does nothing for me Matt but that portrait is excellent(y)

and the photo..

Well, I am my own worst critic. To me the film is ok, nothing special. The image is average at best. It is missing a focal point. Exposer, I feel is spot on and composition is ok. If there was a horse coming down that snowy path, it would be an improvement.

What are your thoughts?

Well, I am my own worst critic. To me the film is ok, nothing special. The image is average at best. It is missing a focal point. Exposer, I feel is spot on and composition is ok. If there was a horse coming down that snowy path, it would be an improvement.

What are your thoughts?

I think the colours look a shade cool, exposure is good, there's nothing wrong with the meter in that camera.
Only Velvia 50 is more saturated and maybe Kodak E100VS, unless you alter it yourself.
As a photo, its a nice scene but lacks a focal interest like you say.

Thanks Jox. At the time I took it, I sat there and waited for anything to come down the path. Unfortunately in the area where I live, Snow is a very rare thing and I had to drive about 125 miles to get to this patch that was already melting. I will see if I can get some Velvia 50 and give it a try.

Back