Show us yer film shots then!

They're lovely Andy. Shouldn't you be shooting something more befitting your status as official northerner though. A flat cap perhaps :D

Tha's reet lad, 'appen I tried t'get shots o the whippet but little bugga wouldna stay still for long enough.

Northeners taking pretty pictures of flowers?

It's an outrage I tell ya.

img530 by simon ess, on Flickr

:)

I really like this Simon, the lighting is super. I am rubbish in anything but natural light, can't get to grips with flash etc.

Ok, this is my first large format shot :D Nothing special, just a witch on the side of the shed in the garden lol. I tried to use the movements of the camera to get the ball on the bottom of the bell in focus too, but it hasn't worked too well haha.

Couldn't fit the film in my dev tank so I just put the chemicals into 8x10 trays which I use for paper and swished the film about in the dark. Worked a lot better than I expected!

Weirdly it's actually a year to the day that my C220 arrived and I took my first photos on film, and it's been a cracking year :)

Witch by Carl Hall Photography, on Flickr

Ok, this is my first large format shot :D Nothing special, just a witch on the side of the shed in the garden lol. I tried to use the movements of the camera to get the ball on the bottom of the bell in focus too, but it hasn't worked too well haha.

Couldn't fit the film in my dev tank so I just put the chemicals into 8x10 trays which I use for paper and swished the film about in the dark. Worked a lot better than I expected!

Weirdly it's actually a year to the day that my C220 arrived and I took my first photos on film, and it's been a cracking year :)

Nice one, looks better than my first dozen or so lf shots and I've still not done any colour.

Fantastic!

Very well done that man.

(y)

What a year, hey? I guess ultra large format is your next stop? :)

It's been an incredible year! I think 5x4 is the last stop on this journey, not sure I could ever justify spending £300 odd on 20 sheets of 8x10!

Ultra large format refers to sizes larger than 8x10!

Not that I'll be doing it any time soon, but I'd probably go down the 8x10 route myself if I jumped into large format. I'd love to be able to produce 8x10 contact prints. I'll be sticking to medium format for a while, however.

Richard, that is a corker, great colour. Tell us more about the camera, film and location!

Thanks Adrian, It was taken with my Fuji GSW690II and Fuji Pro400H when visiting Asha last year in Nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jao
Richard, that is a corker, great colour. Tell us more about the camera, film and location!

Thanks Adrian, It was taken with my Fuji GSW690II and Fuji Pro400H when visiting Asha last year in Nice.

That large colourful building is a dedicated childrens hospital ( Hopital Lenval) located on the promenade in Nice and overlooks the beach and mediteranean sea.

At Christmas time there is always a huge illuminated santa or snowman positioned on the pedestrian walkway of the promenade directly opposite.

Other amusing events ( acts from the carnaval etc) are often performed in the same location for the benefit of children,...quite a sight to see the windows fill up with dozens / hundreds of young smiley faces:)

Richard has been particularly lucky not to capture traffic passing as he took the shot....unless he's been digitally erasing them! :D

Reactions: Jao
A few more from me :)

Seems that I have yet to master the art of focussing, as the focus is off on the last two!

Nice, these from the arca? Yeah you'll get the hang of it till then you'll miss focus occasionally. I'm still waiting to get the hang...

Nice, these from the arca? Yeah you'll get the hang of it till then you'll miss focus occasionally. I'm still waiting to get the hang...

Yeah they are :) I think I just need to practice more with it! It was my first trip outside the house with the arca today, and I learned three things:

• I need to buy a loupe.
  • I need a dark cloth. A proper one. Not a hoody that I grabbed out the cupboard on the way out the house
  • Literally everyone will stop and ask you questions

A few more from me :)

Seems that I have yet to master the art of focussing, as the focus is off on the last two!

Hmmmm... That second one is really starting to hint at the potential of large format with its seriously smooth out-of-focus areas. I'd love to have a crack at it, but I'm just not printing large enough to justify moving beyond medium format at present. It looks like fun though!

Have you considered adding some green to the first and third images using the WB tool in LR and maybe also just a touch of blue? I think it might help to balance out the magenta tones in those images.

Oh, by the way, what did you ever end up doing with that Rolleicord you bought a few weeks back?

Last edited:
"Richard has been particularly lucky not to capture traffic passing as he took the shot....unless he's been digitally erasing them!"

No,not lucky I just got up at 05:00. :)

Behind bars where she belongs :pOne of my puddy tats, "Yelle" who eventually decided to stay still long enough for me to capture her on some 5x4 Adox CHS ( kindly donated by @Steve Smith a while ago(y))

My other cat "Marcus" can be made out to the left, sneaking up on her .....fool that he is cos she alays beats him up even tho he's twice her size:D

Dev'd in HC-110 Solution B

View attachment 31372

That film seems to be working well for you. It must be nearly eight years old by now.

I decided to give it away because at the slow rate I am using 5x4 film, If I used up the ADOX first, the 100 sheets of Delta 100 I have would be ancient by the time I was ready to use it!

Steve.

That film seems to be working well for you. It must be nearly eight years old by now.
:D
I decided to give it away because at the slow rate I am using 5x4 film, If I used up the ADOX first, the 100 sheets of Delta 100 I have would be ancient by the time I was ready to use it!

Steve.

Lol I'm in thé process ( or at least i'm supposed to be :p ) of passing some ood quarter plate film onto someone who has acquired a camera of that format. I shoot quarter plate occasionally but so occasionally that thé film is rapidly gaining years lol..... I guess that's gud enough reason to "waste" some film on trying to capture a cat at speed ( yes 'at' not 'on' :D tho i do sometimes wonder!) with a delapitated mahogany n brass kit with a knacked TP curtain shutter.....cue several duplicate frames of the garden with no sign of a cat! rolleyes:

Good work Asha, lets see more slow shutter/fast vehicle shots. Or fast cat/slow photographer shots :D

Another play with 5x4 ( it's actually quite hard to remember to type that as here it's 4x5 )....either way it's LF

Local train speeding out of Sospel....Destination , Nice

OOD Adox CHS 100
HC-110 Solution B 6 mins 20°c
View attachment 31433
That is a lovely Asha, I am a real fan of slow shutter work, this goes to another level, seeing the trees in the background through the moving train, just great!

Back