Show us yer film shots then!

Last LF shot for the time being.

Not as happy with this, not least of all as I had to rush the shot due to the sun rapidly dropping and causing heavy shadows to the rhs.

The focus is out too as I simply didn't pay a great deal of attention when checking it, particularly for the foreground.

All in all it's a subtle reminder to arrive at the scene with plenty of time prior to the shot being taken, although to be fair, it wasn't actually planned, i simply chose to do it as i walked pass on my way home after shooting the train.

There's other things about it that i don't like including the vehicles to the left but in a way it's a street scene of Sospel for someone to fall upon in a hundred years and try date it back to 22nd february 2015 when there was light snowfall on the surrounding hills.

View attachment 31435

I really like that Asha...

Cheers Lee(y)....so when are you "upgrading" to LF ?? :p

Good work Asha, lets see more slow shutter/fast vehicle shots. Or fast cat/slow photographer shots :D

Togs don't come much slower than me Nick ..........I'd do a selfie but it wud be about an 8 hour exposure to capture my slowness :D:D

That is a lovely Asha, I am a real fan of slow shutter work, this goes to another level, seeing the trees in the background through the moving train, just great!

About 8 elephants at F/16 got me the the ghostly look Adrian.

I was hoping for a "better" location further along the line which offers a more scenic backgound but the light was all wrong and i doubt i would have got the result i wanted even with filters.
As it is I had to wait until back end of the afternoon before trying this shot.

I'm actually quite surprised to have held some detail in the clouds tbh.

Reactions: Jao
Cheers Lee(y)....so when are you "upgrading" to LF ?? :p

I have been sorely tempted Asha, I still look for ones going cheap lol. What's stopping me is just how much it all costs(especially if you factor in all the duff shots I'd probably get)

I have been sorely tempted Asha, I still look for ones going cheap lol. What's stopping me is just how much it all costs(especially if you factor in all the duff shots I'd probably get)

The thing is you probably won't get as many duff shots as you imagine simply because the cost and the effort involved in obtaining one negative makes you "put more attention to detail into what you're doing" ....says he who rushed the river shot:whistle::D

The thing is you probably won't get as many duff shots as you imagine simply because the cost and the effort involved in obtaining one negative makes you "put more attention to detail into what you're doing" ....says he who rushed the river shot:whistle::D
Lol... yes, maybe, but I wouldn't know where to start really... there's so many different types out there.

We
Another play with 5x4 ( it's actually quite hard to remember to type that as here it's 4x5 )....either way it's LF

Local train speeding out of Sospel....Destination , Nice

OOD Adox CHS 100
HC-110 Solution B 6 mins 20°c
View attachment 31433
Well Done asha for this lovely shot, it really is nice and crisp. Shame the other 3691 other shots you have done have not been like this :D:exit::whistle:

Cheers Graham ...at least i didn't stuff it this time! (y)

PRAT :bat: that was supposed to be classified info :D:D:D

Its the ONLY time you didn't stuff it and you mistyped, no P in t*** :D

profile.jpg

Will this be suitable ?? :D

( yes i borrowed the shot from the other thread ...omg copyright etc :runaway::p:D:D)

Hmmmm... That second one is really starting to hint at the potential of large format with its seriously smooth out-of-focus areas. I'd love to have a crack at it, but I'm just not printing large enough to justify moving beyond medium format at present. It looks like fun though!

Have you considered adding some green to the first and third images using the WB tool in LR and maybe also just a touch of blue? I think it might help to balance out the magenta tones in those images.

Oh, by the way, what did you ever end up doing with that Rolleicord you bought a few weeks back?

I hadn't really noticed the magenta casts in the photos, but now that you point them out I can see how obvious they are! Usually I don't adjust colour at all because I'm worried that it will remove the "look" of each unique film, but I think this time I might have to. I think it's all down to my processing and developing, as the temperature of the chemicals dropped into the twenties during the development. Need to find somewhere other than my cold shed to develop I think! I will revisit these when I get home and try and get them looking normal, cheers :)

Sadly the Rolleicord is back with its original owner. I had planned to fix it up, but I have little knowledge of the inner workings of a camera and was concerned that I could buy a screen and get it CLA'd, and it still wouldn't work properly. I contacted the seller about it and he was kind enough to offer a full refund. I wasn't going to push him if he said no, as the description didn't actually say "fully working", but he was happy enough to take it back anyway.

One from Neist Point on TMax 100, RZ67, probably the 50mm lens.

Neist point
by Kevin J Allan, on Flickr

That is stunning. Really love it. Makes me feel like I'm in the film "Shutter Island" or something as it's so dramatic and moody.

I really like this Simon, the lighting is super. I am rubbish in anything but natural light, can't get to grips with flash etc.

I'm also pants with lighting! It's one of the areas that I've never really done much as the vastness of the subject intimidates and confuses me lol. Last week I bought a couple continuous lights with softboxes off ebay (really cheap and really crappy, but for £30 I can't go wrong!) in an effort to learn, as I see beautifully inspiring still life photos from users like @TheBigYin and I think it's something I really want to get to grips with

Last edited:
A few shots from my car boot Kodak Colorsnap 35. This is Poundland 400 developed with a Rollei Digibase kit (Fuji chemicals, I think) and scanned with my Pakon 135+. I didn't realise the camera is fitted with one of those uber-fashionable light leak apps. Way ahead of it's time. I didn't see it in the settings, but must have left it switched on for a couple of these.

View attachment 31466

View attachment 31467

View attachment 31468

Usually I don't adjust colour at all because I'm worried that it will remove the "look" of each unique film

Don't worry about it Carl. If you were wet printing, you would be colour balancing your images just the same, but using the enlarger instead of software. Lightroom's first four basic controls (temp, tint, exposure and contrast) mimic the basic enlarger controls.

I didn't realise the camera is fitted with one of those uber-fashionable light leak apps. Way ahead of it's time. I didn't see it in the settings, but must have left it switched on for a couple of these.

Those light leak apps are brilliant aren't they?? and are usually offered free of charge too :p

You can have them installed into just about any piece of photographic equipment ....Cameras, Film backs, Changing bags, Bellow, Darkrooms....the list is endless :D:D

I've not "shown" much here lately, but I have resumed the 50p camera project, and my attempts to capture the er.. flavour of this area of the Fens. So, here is one from the XA2:

16439960940_56ae38a644_c.jpg

Fat t*** on Flickr

XA2 / HP5 / ID11 / V500

You have some great stuff on your Flickr gallery. I also like your stick-on focus reminder for your XA2! I really need to do that. I'm always getting my XA3 zone focus wrong. One question: what do the three distances indicate for each zone? Are they the focus point at different apertures?

You have some great stuff on your Flickr gallery. I also like your stick-on focus reminder for your XA2! I really need to do that. I'm always getting my XA3 zone focus wrong. One question: what do the three distances indicate for each zone? Are they the focus point at different apertures?
Focus points alone - nothing to do with aperture, but as you know, that makes a difference. The XA2 has three focuses. Portrait, Medium, and Landscape / Infinity. For those that don't know what I'm talking about, Fujilove is referring to this image:

15827169044_0fc6d0d340.jpg

In the down position, focus range is 3ft to 5ft 10, but optimum at 4ft. I did nick this idea from another Flickr photographer, but turned it to Imperial distances being an old bugger. It's a zone focus model - it has three sets of focus. The great thing about the XA2, that makes it such a great street and candid camera, is that, whenever you close and open the clam shell lens cover - it defaults to the mid range focus which is perfect for street photography - obviously, good light helps. A modern camera wastes time auto-focusing. The XA2 really is point & click - the perfect 35mm pocket camera. It even looks like a little Lomo LC-A, but not only out performs it, but is a fraction of the price. I have bought three or four in recent years, from car boot sales and charity shops from 50p (as in my above primary camera), up to six quid for one with an A11 flash unit in it's original jewel case.

Last edited:
The XA2 really is point & click - the perfect 35mm pocket camera. It even looks like a little Lomo LC-A, but not only out performs it, but is a fraction of the price. I have bought three or four in recent years, from car boot sales and charity shops from 50p (as in my above primary camera), up to six quid for one with an A11 flash unit in it's original jewel case.

Thanks for the clarification Paul. I'm sticking one of those on the XA today.

I've just scanned two rolls of 135 film, one from my XA3 and the other from my Hexar AF. You can't tell the difference, even when consciously checking for sharpness or contrast. Considering the Hexar lens is a complete rip off of a Leica 35/2 Summicron and the cameras cost £15 and £275 respectively, you have got to love the little Olympus.

A few from Austria earlier this month. Actually, I lie—one is from just across the border in Germany.

I hope you held one of this series back for this month's POTY competition... "Cold" - as three of them pretty much would have nailed it!

I hope you held one of this series back for this month's POTY competition... "Cold" - as three of them pretty much would have nailed it!

Well, I have more, but I've never even thought about entering the competition. I don't really know that much about it to be honest.

A few from Austria earlier this month. Actually, I lie—one is from just across the border in Germany.

You've captured the light beautifully with these RJ. The light on the stream combined with the slow shutter speed makes the water look like mercury. I love the colour in the sky on the last one too. I can feel the cold biting my face :)

I assume these are the result of your SQ/UKFL workflow?

Back