Show us yer film shots then!

very smart indeed..! taken at.?

i've just bought an F80 from here, and added a Nikon 28-80 AF

not used yet - and already I'm thinking 28mm isnt wide enough.....:(

Well I now don't bother using 28mm after getting 24mm lenses....next up would be 35\40mm and don't use 50mm much.

John, I spotted this rare car in the less than fashionable Anglia Square district of Norwich.

I have come to really like the F80.I bought couple to use when mountain walking. they have many of the features of the F100 at a fraction of the weight (and cost). I am an unashamed Nikon fanboy and have most of the company's offerings, the F80 is I think often overlooked, yet is is a great performer. Enjoy yours!

Last edited:
.... - and already I'm thinking 28mm isnt wide enough.....:(

givvover, what do you want wonky arsed pictures for, 35 is bad enough
I've got a 20 and...god.....s'anorrible thing

I should throw it in the bin tbf........:D

givvover, what do you want wonky arsed pictures for, 35 is bad enough
I've got a 20 and...god.....s'anorrible thing

I should throw it in the bin tbf........:D

Oh dear, hoping you're joking John, I've just bought a 19mm Vivitar from the evil bay (and from Spain), so I hope I haven't wasted my money!

Oh dear, hoping you're joking John, I've just bought a 19mm Vivitar from the evil bay (and from Spain), so I hope I haven't wasted my money!

yeah, I'm joking...lol

BUT!

I do hate em, but what can you do, if you want a wider view everything will just have to be bent..:(

Depends on what you are shooting and the quality of the lens, on my faulty Canon 19mm shot you have to hunt over the pic for distortion and as the bike is the subject who is going to bother looking elsewhere.

Last edited:
Here's the last on a roll of 120 2002 dated Fuji NPC 160 i rated at 100 ASA in my Pentax 6x7 Mk II -- finished up using my Wife's Tulips with the 135mm f4 SMC Pentax Macro-67 lens and a 'Cokin Spot Incolor' filter -- I processed in a powder NOVA C41 Press Kit I had in my cupboard for years -- it was still good. I used 'auto' exposure and it was accurate. I scanned with Epson 165- flatbed+ Vuescan Pro + PhotoShop 7 and didn;t need any 'adjustment' only a downsize.
Tulips.jpg

Here's the last on a roll of 120 2002 dated Fuji NPC 160 i rated at 100 ASA in my Pentax 6x7 Mk II -- finished up using my Wife's Tulips with the 135mm f4 SMC Pentax Macro-67 lens and a 'Cokin Spot Incolor' filter -- I processed in a powder NOVA C41 Press Kit I had in my cupboard for years -- it was still good. I used 'auto' exposure and it was accurate. I scanned with Epson 165- flatbed+ Vuescan Pro + PhotoShop 7 and didn;t need any 'adjustment' only a downsize.
View attachment 63810

I see you have been using your ancient brew again, great result, thanks for sharing.

I love the colour you've captured here. What an interior!

Thanks, it's a fabulous motor. Can't take credit for the colour, I don't scan any colour. It's all down to Snaps at Bournemouth.

Some tractor and tractor like things from me, from Abbey Hill Steam Rally over the weekend

ERTS --- 75mm f/2.8 --- Delta 100 --- HC110(B) --- V550

This first one is my favourite as it looks like the skin of an elephant!

Tyre
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Field Marshall
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Tractor
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Abbey Hill
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

There are some very nice tones in those photographs. It looks like you're putting the Bronica to good use!

I like the last frame, great tones in them all but that last tyre is a hell of a beast.

Thanks Andrew, it really is! Not sure it's something I'd want driving across my lawn :LOL:

There are some very nice tones in those photographs. It looks like you're putting the Bronica to good use!

Thanks RJ! Yeah I really love it, it's so much easier to focus with than any of my other cameras and the light meter makes life quick and easy too. Had a roll of Ektar back from UKFL yesterday though and it seems my focus is off a bit when shooting wide open at anything more than a few metres away, which I'm pretty frustrated about!

Had a roll of Ektar back from UKFL yesterday though and it seems my focus is off a bit when shooting wide open at anything more than a few metres away, which I'm pretty frustrated about!

Does your Bronica have a plain screen or split image?

I have a plain screen in my Hasselblad and I have difficulties sometimes with subjects more than 5m away like you describe, especially with my 110mm f/2 lens and its relatively thin dof.

With my SQ-A, I usually used the split image for those far off subjects and it worked really well, but I ignored the split for anything up close.

Does your Bronica have a plain screen or split image?

I have a plain screen in my Hasselblad and I have difficulties sometimes with subjects more than 5m away like you describe, especially with my 110mm f/2 lens and its relatively thin dof.

With my SQ-A, I usually used the split image for those far off subjects and it worked really well, but I ignored the split for anything up close.

I have a split finder in the middle and then a ring of microprisms around that, then just plain glass around the edge. I find it really weird that I can focus spot on with things that are close to me within a few feet, but anything over that and I almost always miss. I just looked at the roll I got back yesterday, and pretty much every image that I took wide open is really sharp about a metre behind the subject. It's incredibly demoralising to keep getting disappointing images back, especially when the main reason I use MF film is to get the super thin DoF!

I don't know if it makes any difference, but if I focus as far away as I can to infinity, the things on the horizon aren't quite in line across the split prism. I did wonder if the screen wasn't sat properly or something which meant the focus on the glass and the film were in different places, but I had the same problem with the Hassie so it must just be me! ha!

I have a split finder in the middle and then a ring of microprisms around that, then just plain glass around the edge. I find it really weird that I can focus spot on with things that are close to me within a few feet, but anything over that and I almost always miss. I just looked at the roll I got back yesterday, and pretty much every image that I took wide open is really sharp about a metre behind the subject. It's incredibly demoralising to keep getting disappointing images back, especially when the main reason I use MF film is to get the super thin DoF!

I don't know if it makes any difference, but if I focus as far away as I can to infinity, the things on the horizon aren't quite in line across the split prism. I did wonder if the screen wasn't sat properly or something which meant the focus on the glass and the film were in different places, but I had the same problem with the Hassie so it must just be me! ha!
http://benoit.suaudeau.perso.neuf.fr/manuels_rep/mf/Bronica ETRSI Repair Manual.pdf

p31, figure 73, 74 and 75 for focus adjustment (p36 of 60 on PDF)

Also p46 (p51 of 60 on PDF)

Last edited:

This might be important.

The only time I ever had focusing issues using a Bronica it turned out to be an equipment issue of sorts.

I switched focusing screens between my SQ-A and SQ-B and suddenly I had many more out of focus shots. I never suspected the focusing screens initially, because they were supposed to be identical and fully interchangeable, but the only thing that ultimately fixed the issue was swapping the screens back into the original cameras. Presumably the screens were sitting differently in the other cameras...

I don't know...

I realise you have probably already checked this, but is the screen installed the right way up (i.e. ground glass side down)? The 'blad I just bought had the screen installed upside down...as did the Rolleicord I bought a while ago from MWClassic...and the Bronica SQ I got off eBay...

Worth triple-checking!

This might be important.

The only time I ever had focusing issues using a Bronica it turned out to be an equipment issue of sorts.

I switched focusing screens between my SQ-A and SQ-B and suddenly I had many more out of focus shots. I never suspected the focusing screens initially, because they were supposed to be identical and fully interchangeable, but the only thing that ultimately fixed the issue was swapping the screens back into the original cameras. Presumably the screens were sitting differently in the other cameras...

I don't know...

I got home and had a look at the screen, and it rocked from corner to corner where it was sat, which I think fits firmly in the "it shouldn't do that" category. I took the screen out and there's a little tab on the top on each side which sits in a groove in the body and holds it secure and flat. The tab on one side was in the groove but the tab on the other side was sitting on top, preventing the screen from sitting in place properly. I put the screen back in (properly this time) and then put the prism back on, and lo and behold, looking out of the window everything on the horizon is in focus and lines up across the split finder when focusing to infinity :D

That's the first time I've taken the screen out of the ETRS. I'm glad it was something so simple, although I do feel like a bit of a plonker for it being something so simple!

:runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway:

I realise you have probably already checked this, but is the screen installed the right way up (i.e. ground glass side down)? The 'blad I just bought had the screen installed upside down...as did the Rolleicord I bought a while ago from MWClassic...and the Bronica SQ I got off eBay...

Worth triple-checking!

I had a quick look at the Hassie after I sorted the ETRS and it does look like it's up the right way. Everything seems in focus on the horizon too so I think it's just user error or a naff screen! :(

I don't have an excuse :(

I met a man at Abbey Hill who was part of a group of people who were dressed in old American west outfits, with old tents and guns etc. A man who was in character as Tom Horn spoke to us for a good half an hour about the mans life and accomplishments, telling us all about the history Tom Horn was involved with. Was very interesting but a good deal of it went over my head as he was telling us so much information! Grabbed a photo of him with his old bible with cut out for a pistol before we went on.

ETRS --- 75mm f/2.8 --- Delta 100 --- HC110 (B) --- V550

Tom Horn
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Abbey Hill
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

Back