Show us yer film shots then!

W00t! Steven is alive and has found his camera and his dev stuff again! Welcome back, Steven.

a stroll round the duck pond on Sunday and a couple of abstractions from it. Mamiya 6, Tmax400

Turning those photographs 90 degrees really does send the eye to mind dizzy and make very interesting abstracts. Great idea and well done.

Is that the bridge in Paris? I like the photographs.

Thanks, and no, not Paris - I think they've removed all the locks from that one now as the weight was causing structural problems(!). This is at Bakewell in Derbyshire. I think the trend is spreading though - there are even a dozen or so on a railway bridge close to where I live. I suspect a cynical marketing ploy by the British Association of Padlock Makers. :D

Thanks, and no, not Paris - I think they've removed all the locks from that one now as the weight was causing structural problems(!). This is at Bakewell in Derbyshire. I think the trend is spreading though - there are even a dozen or so on a railway bridge close to where I live. I suspect a cynical marketing ploy by the British Association of Padlock Makers. :D

ah yeah, me, @stevelmx5 and @Carl Hall were discussing them at the October meet.

I think they've removed all the locks from that one now as the weight was causing structural problems(!)

Huh! Wonder if they have considered what a bunch of fat people would do crossing the bridge o_O Which reminds of one my stories:- Albert bridge in London have a sign saying marching soldiers have to break step as in step, the vibration could effect the bridge's structure..h'mm well best to be safe although sounds over the top with traffic using it now.

Huh! Wonder if they have considered what a bunch of fat people would do crossing the bridge o_O Which reminds of one my stories:- Albert bridge in London have a sign saying marching soldiers have to break step as in step, the vibration could effect the bridge's structure..h'mm well best to be safe although sounds over the top with traffic using it now.

There was the issue with the Milennium Bridge where they had to close it not long after it opened and make alterations because synchronised pedestrians were causing it to wobble and sway, so it's probably not that OTT. The Paris bridge wasn't in danger of complete failure, but the locks had previously caused a section of the railings to collapse.

Article about the collapsed railing: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27758940

Article about the removal of over 45 tonnes of padlocks. Almost a million of them! :eek: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32960470

Next time my wife says I'm not romantic enough, I'll tell her it's down to health and safety. :D

Last edited:

We prefer, well upholstered people or people of a different girth. :D

Here are a selection of my very first ever film shots. I absolutely love the look of them and I'm also pleased with the focus. I know some of them aren't quite there with the focus.......but I was expecting a lot worse!!

Mamiya ZE-2 with Sekor F1.7 Lens using Poundland AGFA and a slight tweak in LR CC. I think most of them were also shot wide open too!

Freshly developed this morning at Max Spielmann onto CD for only £6.

Sherwood Pines -9 by Craig Jenkins, on Flickr

Sherwood Pines -4 by Craig Jenkins, on Flickr

Sherwood Pines -20 by Craig Jenkins, on Flickr

Sherwood Pines -13 by Craig Jenkins, on Flickr

Sherwood Pines -14 by Craig Jenkins, on Flickr

Sherwood Pines -16 by Craig Jenkins, on Flickr

Sherwood Pines -15 by Craig Jenkins, on Flickr

Last edited:
Tesla's oscillator or "earthquake machine". :)

Nice photos Craig, shots one and three especially as there's a bit more going on. In number three your little girl looks as though she's about to get up to some mischief.

Interesting shots of these derelict baths Steven, and I think the Vista has tackled the reds pretty successfully.

Interesting shots of these derelict baths Steven, and I think the Vista has tackled the reds pretty successfully.
Thanks Peter, it's a terrific location that's due for a multi-million pound revamp this year, so good to get in before they spruce it up. I'm just returning to film after decades shooting digital, so this was a trial run of the Vista and the Nikon FE, and I'm reasonably happy with the results. Very minimal editing - a soft 's' curve to add a touch of contrast but not much else.

Last edited:
Those reds are great!!

They do pop, don't they. I didn't touch the saturation levels, just a soft contrast tweak and a very gentle vignette. Quite pleased with the results from a £1 roll of film. Also pleased with the FilmDev service.

@stevenelawson What a waste of what appears to have been a great facility!!! Nice to hear that it is going to be revamped.

Great pictures all round but the one that stands out for me is #4. The reason being you have captured that sort of story on the tiles at the back of the cubicle - and not a swear word in sight!!!
And as @Peter B has said, the film has brought out the reds absolutely spot on. Having said that the film has also made the black lines stand out in the shot of the deep end of the pool.

I'm no expert but that to me is a great piece of photography and you have preserved something of days past which may not be seen again after the revamp.

David

@stevenelawson What a waste of what appears to have been a great facility!!! Nice to hear that it is going to be revamped.

Great pictures all round but the one that stands out for me is #4. The reason being you have captured that sort of story on the tiles at the back of the cubicle - and not a swear word in sight!!!
And as @Peter B has said, the film has brought out the reds absolutely spot on. Having said that the film has also made the black lines stand out in the shot of the deep end of the pool.

I'm no expert but that to me is a great piece of photography and you have preserved something of days past which may not be seen again after the revamp.

David
Thank you David, I appreciate the kind words. The main pool will probably stay untouched during the revamp, as the cost of bringing it up to standard would be massive. There are two other smaller pools. It's a fabulous place, run by a community trust for the benefit of local people. The main pool is sometimes used for dance or fashion shows. It's well worth a visit, though gaining access is a somewhat laborious process.

134 years !....make no wonder it has a cast

de-casted.....sort of, can you actually tell the difference
I took grey from the pale patch of tarmac, but there is red in the black of his smock, I dunno if its grain, scan artifacts or insufficient faff with channel mixer, I don't do channel mixer faff, it gets like painting a ceiling, it always looks patchy, somewhere, I have to get our lass to take the brush off me..:)

m819i9.jpg

2iqoc2v.jpg

Colour blind mate, cant see any colour cast. Just cropped it and popped it up on here, I suspect it might be the ood film. Whats a channel mixer? :D

Tbh I didn't notice much of a cast until joxby posted his adjusted version, which, for me is too "warm"

Somewhere between the two versions is needed I think.

Back