Show us yer film shots then!

The table was outside the room that me, you and Carl called home. I know that because I was standing 4' to the left of you as you took it because your huuuuge RB and tripod stopped me getting out ;0)

I must have another film kicking around somewhere there are shots I remember taking but can't see on a negative.

I've actually posted off my last roll from the Peaks meet today. It's a roll of out of date slide film shot on my Yashica 44 which I've got no idea what's on it!

Found it. Now do I order new soup or try the de-ionised water from tesco. I know which is more interesting.

I'm so surprised by it. Pleasantly!
The limiting factor appears to be my ability to judge distances.

Love the size of it too!!

I can't get over the quality from it. Pleased with how the home develop/scan came out too!!

Well I'm impressed as your new to film and home dev and scanning (y)

Well I'm impressed as your new to film and home dev and scanning (y)

Very kind of you to say!

Getting to understand the limitations of the scanning and getting better at temp control for the colour developing

The bad news is that it's making me want a more expensive camera [emoji85]

Very kind of you to say!

Getting to understand the limitations of the scanning and getting better at temp control for the colour developing

The bad news is that it's making me want a more expensive camera [emoji85]

I have a suggestion, have a look at the Voigtlander Vitomatic ii or iia. They have an amazing lens and are the most solid camera ever and can be picked up for £30 or so quids. Make sure the meter is working, mine is about perfect, especially for a 60 year old camera. Alternatively there are a few other Olympus compacts, 35rc / rd / sp which are newer and a bit more compact but have more manual controls and excellent lenses.

Andy

The bad news is that it's making me want a more expensive camera
emoji85.png

You need to go to a meet to look at cameras...a good one was at Whipsnade...h'mm Asha ruined my shot :D
CNV00007-1000px.jpg

Perhaps best to start with black and white and switch to colour once you've learnt the basics? You could start with colour but it's more temperature critical and has more steps (and chemicals to keep at the right temp).

That's something I want to do now but my first films are Colour! And all the kits I can find appear to B&W

Well the other guys will be wading in as I gave up colour dev and printing about 15 years ago (sulking because my cheap favourite kit for dev and printing was stopped :()..AFAIK there are three colour kits on the market.

Some of my out-takes from this month's FPOTY (good idea, @FishyFish )

1) The new roof of New St Station. I had several goes at this and liked this one the best... but not enough. Pentax-M 24mm lens, Delta 400 home devved and scanned.

1702BPMXBW14 by Chris Rusbridge, on Flickr

2) Selfridges no 1, Birmingham. Same combo

1702BPMXBW23 by Chris Rusbridge, on Flickr

3) Selfridges no 2, same combo

1702BPMXBW27 by Chris Rusbridge, on Flickr

4) Selfridges no 3, the Handmade Burger Co, same combo....

1702BPMXBW24 by Chris Rusbridge, on Flickr

That's something I want to do now but my first films are Colour! And all the kits I can find appear to B&W

As mentioned above I think it's better to start with black and white film then move onto colour.

It's annoying at first but rapidly becomes satisfying. I highly recommend having a sacrificial roll (ie one with pics that you're not too bothered about) so that you can get the hang of getting the film onto the reel in a dark bag.

My Olympus 35 ECR is toast! The film advance is cocking the shutter but not advancing the film very often.
ecr-1.jpg ecr-2.jpg

A CLA might fix that, John, if the camera's worth £50 or so to you...

A CLA might fix that, John, if the camera's worth £50 or so to you...
I paid about £5 for it. Actually, thinking about it, I had the film pressure plate out to check the date code on the back of it and I might have reduced the pressure on the film causing irregular film advance.

Last two out-takes, both on Tri-X processed by Filmdev in XTOL and scanned by them.

5) Canal junction in Central Birmingham near Brindley Place. Pentax MX, Pentax-M 24mm f/2.8 lens, Tri-X.

R2-04674-0006 by Chris R, on Flickr

6) The new Birmingham Central Library reflected in the windows of Symphony Hall. Pentax MX, Pentax-M 24mm f/2.8 lens, Tri-X

R2-04674-0003 by Chris R, on Flickr

Last two out-takes, both on Tri-X processed by Filmdev in XTOL and scanned by them.

5) Canal junction in Central Birmingham near Brindley Place. Pentax MX, Pentax-M 24mm f/2.8 lens, Tri-X.

R2-04674-0006 by Chris R, on Flickr

6) The new Birmingham Central Library reflected in the windows of Symphony Hall. Pentax MX, Pentax-M 24mm f/2.8 lens, Tri-X

R2-04674-0003 by Chris R, on Flickr

Those paving stones would make for a great pic in the right light!

I paid about £5 for it. Actually, thinking about it, I had the film pressure plate out to check the date code on the back of it and I might have reduced the pressure on the film causing irregular film advance.

Interesting. My Oly 35 RD is currently away for repair for a similar issue. I wonder if I caused that fault by doing the same as yourself...

Got the negs back from the first roll through the Nikon F70 that Asha let me have. The first one is with the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF-d. The second two with the Sigma 105mm F/2.8 macro. All on Poundland Agfa - as is tradition for the first roll through any new camera it seems.

I'm pretty pleased with the results. Will post more as I sort through them.

FILM - Rose bowl
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

FILM - Japonica

FILM - Japonica

Got the negs back from the first roll through the Nikon F70 that Asha let me have. The first one is with the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AF-d. The second two with the Sigma 105mm F/2.8 macro. All on Poundland Agfa - as is tradition for the first roll through any new camera it seems.

I

FILM - Rose bowl

That's a very good advert for the Agfa film. It seems to like red.

Back