Show us yer film shots then!

One from my 1949 Agilux Agifold Mk II, a British-made medium format uncoupled rangefinder. I only put one roll through as the film transport mechanism was way too tight and scratched the film:

Shovel or spade ?
by Kevin Allan, on Flickr

The film was TMax 100

This is beautifully sharp (in the middle at least), loads of detail - really like this shot! Great depth of blacks, too.

Here are a couple from two attempted walks to Pen y Fan, Wednesday the weather turned as I was nearing the top and it was a whiteout and Thursday everything was ice with 40mph + gusts.

These were handheld at slow shutter speeds as I could barely stand up let alone get the tripod out;

Pen y Fan by Jason Turvey, on Flickr

With all they white around the exposure must have been tricky and if you had used a grey card it would have blown away :eek:

I took an average reading on the light meter and tried to bracket, however it was ISO 50 film so with all that wind I had about 4 keepers from a roll... better than nothing and I had no hope of changing film in that weather :(

I sent off a roll of Kodak ED-3 to AG that I'd shot during the Peaks meet but have forgotten what camera I shot it on! I thought it was the Yashica 44 but seeing as the frames aren't square, I'm guessing it was the Olympus XA4 I had!

Olympus XA4 - Expired Kodak ED-3 by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

Due to unknown history of the film, I shot it at 400 instead of the 200 box speed but I've actually ended up overexposing so I could have used box speed. There is a pretty bad magenta cast on the whole roll though so I'm struggling to balance that, hence the B&W conversion.

I sent off a roll of Kodak ED-3 to AG that I'd shot during the Peaks meet but have forgotten what camera I shot it on! I thought it was the Yashica 44 but seeing as the frames aren't square, I'm guessing it was the Olympus.

Have you still got the Yashica 44, Steve?

I know you've 'modified' yours but what are they like to use? I'm thinking of getting one, I've a few rolls of 127 in my freezer.

Compared to my 6x6 TLR it feels tiny but functions in the exact same way. The screen isn't as bright as my 635 but mine had had a bit of a hard life by the looks of it when I got it. The lens is sharp though and I'm happy with the results.

IMG_1488706542.705235.jpg

IMG_1488706551.056409.jpg

The only strange thing for me is that the focussing knob is on the left rather than the right so that feels a bit strange for a right-hander.

Last edited:
My first shot with a 5x7 Press Graflex. Needed some slight repairs so I'm surprised it worked first time! Fomapan 200 dev'd in R09

riley_graflex_slr_01 by David M Jones, on Flickr

Blimey, that looks incredibly..........authentic

if you said you'd pulled that out of your Grandads 1930's photo collection and scanned it, I don't think I could see a reason to question that...:)

Last edited:
Blimey, that looks incredibly..........authentic

if you said you'd pulled that out of your Grandads 1930's photo collection and scanned it, I don't think I could see a reason to question that...:)

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Funny that, my Grandad (who lived in the house that's in the background) had a couple of these cars in the 30's/40's! I definitely took this one last week though :)

Thanks. Got a few more to post once they've been uploaded.

I'd not intended to go to Bolsover castle, but my original destination was closed when I arrived, so I just drove around looking for somewhere to get a good shots. It was over £13 to get in, so I ended up buying a one year English Heritage subscription for £50 on the idea that I'll get my money's worth from this trip and a variety of other nice English Heritage sites within easy driving distance. :)

The afternoon light was pretty nice and I think I might have nailed my entry for next month's FPOTY shot on this roll too. I managed to double expose a couple too though due to brain addleage.

Back