1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Carl Hall

Carl Hall

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Now this I really like! A black and white image with a good amount of contrast, nice black shadows and loads of texture. Great stuff!

FishyFish likes this.
  2. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks Carl.

3. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Got my scans back from a roll of Kodak Advantix I shot. They were taken on an Olympus Newpic AF 200 compact my dad gave me. The film expired around the turn of the century and, because there's no way I can see to manually change the ASA settings on the camera to overexpose and compendate, they've been shot at box speed and are somewhat grainy as a result (some on the roll much more than others). Several were taken on the same day (and location) that I got my Architecture entry for FPOTY last month.

I've had the camera in my coat pocket for a few months (it replaced the Sunpet I had there before, and has now been replaced itself with an Olympus Superzoom 105g 35mm) and I'd just fire off the odd shot now and then as I felt like it. Compacts are pretty handy for this - I've paid very little for them, so chucking them in my pocket without any worries about the odd knock or bump is a good way to always have the opportunity to take a film shot when I'm out and about but without any of my other gear.

[​IMG]
    FILM - The Cheesegrater on expired Kodak Advantix-3
    by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    FILM - The Cheesegrater on expired Kodak Advantix-2

[​IMG]
    FILM - The Cheesegrater on expired Kodak Advantix

[​IMG]
    FILM - Frosty path on expired Kodak Advantix

[​IMG]
    FILM - Arundel Gate on expired Kodak Advantix

[​IMG]
    FILM - An oncoming storm on expired Kodak Advantix

swisscheese, Strappy, Jao and 6 others like this.
  4. excalibur2

excalibur2 Loretta

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well I think record shots are important...can anyone beat this for the most untidy garage (this was my old house and the new one is just as bad) ...lateral thinking parking the door on the floor and parking the car over it :D
    [​IMG]

5. Kei

Kei

Name:
    Kyle
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Strappy, Mr Badger, stevelmx5 and 2 others like this.
  6. David_H

David_H

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yes my garage can beat that BUT no one is seeing a picture of it:D

Strappy likes this.
  7. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Likewise, only it's impossible to take a picture of it because it's full, two tea-chests deep with an upside down table on top!

8. scook94

scook94

Name:
    Steven
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Got the scans back from Filmdev this morning from the test roll I shot at the weekend using the Oly M-1/Acros 100

Portencross Castle
    R1-04823-0008.jpg

R1-04823-0013.jpg

R1-04823-0019.jpg

R1-04823-0026.jpg

And of course no trip to Largs is complete without a pilgrimage to Nardini's.

R1-04823-0028.jpg

9. narbs

narbs

Name:
    Jon
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    A few from a new Nikon L35AF. All Poundland film.

[​IMG]Carlton House Terrace, London SW1

[​IMG]Covent Garden

[​IMG]Lost Hat

Really pleased with the sharpness of the lens and the colours it gets.

Typically after taking this roll of film out the camera's given up, with the shutter button stuck down and immovable. Back to the seller it goes.

Now in a bit of a quandary - I've got an XA2 that I've run three rolls through and not overly impressed with the image quality and a partially temperamental Trip which I otherwise love. So I'm thinking sell the XA2, get the Trip properly overhauled and then, maybe, get another L35AF with the refund money. Decisions, decisions :)

Strappy, Andysnap, FishyFish and 3 others like this.
  10. stevenelawson

stevenelawson

Edit My Images:
    No
    Nice range of tones. I've just shot a roll of Acros 100 on my Olympus OM2n, which will soon be winging its way to FilmDev. I'm encouraged by your results. Portencross is a smashing spot, too, I'm down there regularly.

scook94 likes this.
  11. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Three more from the roll of expired Kodak Advantix shot with my Oly Newpic AF 200 compact.

One of Bolsover Castle to contrast with the earlier Lubitel shots. I like the saturated colours, but otherwise it's definitely playing second fiddle, I think. :)

[​IMG]
    FILM - Bolsover Castle on expired Kodak Advantix

This one converted to B&W.

[​IMG]
    FILM - Tree hugger on expired Kodak Advantix

I think the underexposure works for this one. It was much brighter when I took it though.

[​IMG]
    FILM - Walking the dogs on expired Kodak Advantix

I still have four rolls of APS film, but I think I'm going to stick to shooting with it on bright days in future. With no way to compensate the exposure to cope with the age of the film, dull conditions don't really work.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Strappy, trevorbray, Peter B and 4 others like this.
  12. pentaxpete

pentaxpete

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I bought a CANON SSC 35mm f3.5 Breechlock lens at my Camera Club Auction for £1 as nobody else had Canon FILM cameras -- I took it to London at Christmas time and did some shots on a black Canon AE-1 loaded with 2006 outdated Kodak Ektachrome Elite Extracolor given by an Old Mate of over 40 years -- it comes out well at 100 ASA. I used f5.6.
    AE-1 04.jpg
    AE-1 05.jpg
    AE-1 07.jpg

This one in Covent Garden I used a 'Diffraction' filter -- I also took same on PRINT film on my A-1

Jao, trevorbray, Peter B and 4 others like this.
  13. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Been going back through some older shots (for me, that's last summer!) and seeing if I can give them a bit of life. I decided a B&W conversion suited this one quite nicely.

Olympus Trip 35 & Poundland Agfa.

[​IMG]
    FILM - Classics on the Moor-9

Strappy, trevorbray, Peter B and 6 others like this.
  14. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That guy's so old school he doesn't even have a mobile phone, has to drive up in his Austin Healey 3000 and wait by the phone box... :)

FishyFish, excalibur2 and Mr Badger like this.
  15. Sir SR

Sir SR

Name:
    Shaheed
    Edit My Images:
    No
    [​IMG]Road Trip 35 by Sir._.SR, on Flickr

Trip 35 late at night, testing it out. Home developed fujifilm superia in tetenal, scanned with v550

16. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Did you take it out of auto and shoot at 1/40sec for this?

Sir SR likes this.
  17. Sir SR

Sir SR

Name:
    Shaheed
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I think so - came up with the family fortunes "eh-er"red flag so turned it to 2.8.

FishyFish likes this.
  18. Sectionate

Sectionate

Name:
    Nick
    Edit My Images:
    No
    trevorbray, David_H, Peter B and 5 others like this.
  19. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    It's something I've meant to try, but haven't gotten around to yet. I've got got two Trips - one working fine (black shutter button version) and an original silver-shutter button Trip that my dad gave me, but in which the selenium cell has failed so there's no way to shoot it in auto, so "manual" is the only way it will work. I'm fairly certain that the manual aperture settings are still overridden by the camera if there's enough light though, e.g. if you set it to f/2.8 on a bright day, the camera will stop it down to the required value to avoid overexposure (but you'll still be stuck with the default 1/40th sec shutter speed that comes into play when you take it out of auto).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  20. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
  21. David_H

David_H

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    @FishyFish You've got me reminiscing now. I used to listen to that radio station when I lived on the other side of the river!!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Mrs Snap likes this.
  22. Mrs Snap

Mrs Snap

Name:
    Janet
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Me too, but I lived on that side of the river not the other!

I also had a meal up there once when I was a kid, when it was the Tower Restaurant. At the risk of giving my age away, that must have been in the late seventies, long before Radio City took over the building.

stevelmx5 likes this.
  23. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Myself, on the other hand, have never listened to it - just photographed the tower on my (so far) only trip to Liverpool. :)

Mrs Snap likes this.
  24. Asha

Asha

Edit My Images:
    No
    [QUOTE="Mrs Snap, post: 7764013, member: 25781

I also had a meal up there once when I was a kid, when it was the Tower Restaurant. At the risk of giving my age away, that must have been in the late seventies, QUOTE]

.I was under the imprsession that you were a beautiful young lady......Talk about being dissolusioned :exit::D

Mrs Snap likes this.
  25. stevelmx5

stevelmx5

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I remember having a meal up there too :0)

Mrs Snap likes this.
  26. Asha

Asha

Edit My Images:
    No
    yeah but we already know you're an old git and have always been a long way from beautiful:LOL:

Mrs Snap and stevelmx5 like this.
  27. Andysnap

Andysnap POTY (Film) 2015

Name:
    Andy Grant
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    You have met her..... did you not notice how young and lovely she is? :whistle:

Asha, stevelmx5 and ChrisR like this.
  28. stevelmx5

stevelmx5

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    No
    And to think, I used to like you @Asha ;0)

Asha likes this.
  29. Asha

Asha

Edit My Images:
    No
    Well yes of course;).......Her hubby though, oh my, poor lass!!:exit::D:D

Andysnap likes this.
  30. Asha

Asha

Edit My Images:
    No
    Really??..........not that I noticed:exit::D:D

(Takes himself off to APUG to find new " friends") :p

stevelmx5 likes this.
  31. pentaxpete

pentaxpete

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Using up my 2006 outdated Kodak Ektachrome Elite Extracolor in my Black Canon AE-1 I saw this through our back door glass -- the RED BOX is a Brentwood Borough Council Glass Recycling box, the BLUE i s the plastic cover the Wife puts over some potted plants to protect them from Frosts. I used f2.8 on the 50mm f1.8 SC Canon lens and focused on the textured glass.
    AE-1 17.jpg

32. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    That's very impressionistic Peter. I like it.

33. ChrisR

ChrisR

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I really like that, Pete. I keep looking at the glass in our bathroom windows and wondering if something like that could be used for an abstract-style picture. A bit stuck with the (uninspiring) view outside it, though. If you go a smaller bit and put it closer to the camera it would be quite different.

34. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  35. desf

desf

Name:
    Des
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That Lubitel is sharp.

36. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I find it a proper headache to focus, but when you get it right it's pretty respectable. These were shot with a tripod, so at least I could concentrate on the focussing without having to worry about keeping stuff level. :)

37. ABTog

ABTog

Name:
    Alistair
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Got my scans back from FilmDev of the first test roll run through my Olympus OM20.
    Just a roll of the good old poundland Agfa Color 100. Great service from FilmDev, first time using them. Posted 2nd class on Thursday 9th, scans available this morning (13th). Opted for medium tiffs.

These were all with the 50mm f1.8 Zuiko, though I did try out the other lenses too.
    These might be a touch dark, but it might be just this monitor I'm using as it's uncalibrated (at work). Otherwise the meter seems good. The focusing isn't perfect as with my eyesight I can't make out if it's sharp or slightly off as there's no diopter to adjust the viewfinder focus. But, the camera did come with a different focus screen, so I might see if I can swap it.

R1-04885-006A-sm.jpg

R1-04885-009A-sm.jpg

R1-04885-011A-sm.jpg

Now the question of whether to put another colour roll in the OM or black and white? ;)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  38. mdjchat

mdjchat

Name:
    Mathew
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Surely the question is which OM to get next so that you have one for b&w and one for colour?

With the crocus and daffodils coming out I'd suggest more colour film.

Sir SR likes this.
  39. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
  40. mothdust

mothdust

Name:
    Charlotte
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Developed the shots from my 17mm lens experiment. The main takeaway being that my developing skills are a bit rusty :( Lots of white spots, bromide drag and water marks. One keeper though, from Kilne Beach:

[​IMG]Kilve Beach by Charlotte Davis, on Flickr

Lots of others here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bombsandmonitors/albums/72157679457151841/with/32611653543/

Could this also be down to old developer? My T Max developer is probably about three years old, I don't know if it was meant to last that long. I can re-wash, but the white spots are undeveloped, I think. Is bromide drag only from not enough agitation?

An example:
    [​IMG]Glastonbury mural by Charlotte Davis, on Flickr