1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Okay Guest, it's coming up to the festive season. If you'd like to take part in this year's Secret Santa gift exchange, click the link below and speak to our resident Jolly Red Guy.

Dismiss Notice
  1. john.margetts

john.margetts

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Rodinol and similar developers last many years but the rest do not. I don't know what the basis of T Max developer is but I would suspect it.

Not all pale streaks are bromide drag. Regardless of your agitation regime, fresh developer will move through the sprocket holes - if the developer is working at its limits, this developer movement will result in more development around the sprocket holes.

mothdust likes this.
  2. pentaxpete

pentaxpete

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    You also have some White Marks which I'm sure is dried Lime Scum from hard water -- you can usually find them on the back of the film so lay negs on some newspaper and breathe onto back of film and wipe off Lime Scum with a hanky ---

mothdust likes this.
  3. mothdust

mothdust

Name:
    Charlotte
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks @john.margetts and @pentaxpete - I was planning on re-washing some of the negatives, we usually have quite soft water here in Somerset! More photo-flo needed...

4. narbs

narbs

Name:
    Jon
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Olympus Trip seems to be behaving nicely for the mo. Sent film off to Filmdev at 3,30 yesterday, had link to download at 5 this afternoon - fab service.

[​IMG]Mildreds by Jon, on Flickr

[​IMG]Shoplifters by Jon, on Flickr

[​IMG]Lunch by Jon, on Flickr

Peter B, RaglanSurf, Knikki and 6 others like this.
  5. Strappy

Strappy

Name:
    Dean
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That's not untidy, Brian, you can see floor! I daren't even try taking a photo of my garage. Not only can I not get in there, I think the spiders have formed a new civilisation and have reached the agricultural stage of development already. :(

6. FishyFish

FishyFish

Name:
    Nige
    Edit My Images:
    No
  7. Michael Little

Michael Little

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    So I've got received my first films back today, the Illford HP5 didn't have anything on so i assume the Nikon FN has a faulty shutter as it has not been exposed at all, i have however put 3 rolls of Afga Vista 200 through my F80 and it has worked perfect!

Not the best images but heres a couple off my first 3 rolls of film, straight from filmdev with no adjustments.

[​IMG]R1-04903-0009 by michael-little, on Flickr

[​IMG]R1-04903-0015 by michael-little, on Flickr

[​IMG]R1-04903-0017 by michael-little, on Flickr

[​IMG]R1-04903-0019 by michael-little, on Flickr

[​IMG]R3-04905-0011 by michael-little, on Flickr

[​IMG]R3-04905-0017 by michael-little, on Flickr

[​IMG]R3-04905-0023 by michael-little, on Flickr

RaglanSurf, Knikki, Carl Hall and 6 others like this.
  8. excalibur2

excalibur2 Loretta

Name:
    Brian
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Was that FM ? anyway we love problems here and try to solve them (if possible).

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  9. Michael Little

Michael Little

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Sorry just checked, its the FTN

10. pentaxpete

pentaxpete

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Today is 'Expired Film Day' so I rushed out with my 1956 Agfa Isolette III + 75mm f3.5 Solinar lens loaded with 1998 dated Ilford HP5 which was in there since December 2016 !
    It was SUNNY !! I rushed around Brentwood and finished up the film I had 7 shots left --I processed in my Home-Made Microphen formula and got good negs for such an Old Film !
    Bike Rack.jpg Letter A.jpg Ruins 01.jpg Walker.jpg White Buildings.jpg

Peter B, excalibur2, Knikki and 8 others like this.
  11. Taimoor

Taimoor

Name:
    Taimoor
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    33326410506_d7c1d09773_z.jpg
    Portra 400 + Yashica Mat 124G + DIY Dev + SP3000 Scan

12. Taimoor

Taimoor

Name:
    Taimoor
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Portra 400 + Yashica Mat 124G + DIY Dev + SP3000 Scan 33317545146_cfe848ab0f_z.jpg

RaglanSurf, FishyFish, Knikki and 3 others like this.
  13. Taimoor

Taimoor

Name:
    Taimoor
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    33430944116_6ab424fe5f_k.jpg 32628460474_ca97d32693_k.jpg 32628460474_ca97d32693_k.jpg 33430944116_6ab424fe5f_k.jpg

Fuji 160 Outdated Film 2005

Rolleiflex GX + Fuji Hunt C41 Home Dev

DIY Frontier SP3000 Scans

Peter B, Jao, RaglanSurf and 3 others like this.
  14. stevelmx5

stevelmx5

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    No
  15. srichards

srichards

Name:
    Suz
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Peter B, Jao, mothdust and 9 others like this.
  16. Strappy

Strappy

Name:
    Dean
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    steveo_mcg and stevelmx5 like this.
  17. stevelmx5

stevelmx5

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Zee cow is in the zee sky comrade Deano....

Cheers. I'm definitely going to shoot something slightly newer film next time, now that I know the camera is working properly just to see what it can do.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  18. NickT

NickT

Edit My Images:
    No
    I'm glad that your Minox works well. There must have been some prettier views in Port Sunlight to try out though. Aren't the daffodils out in the gardens, near the war memorial?

stevelmx5 likes this.
  19. Strappy

Strappy

Name:
    Dean
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I know one shouldn't labour a joke but knowing we're talking about Steve's Minox makes that read like one of those coded wartime messages to the Resistance. :D

mothdust, Mr Badger, Andysnap and 4 others like this.
  20. stevelmx5

stevelmx5

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Funnily enough, yes they are out in the Dell but the one shot I took of them was way out of focus!

21. NickT

NickT

Edit My Images:
    No
    I'm impressed with the quality of the grain (or lack of it) in those shots developed in Rodinal. I have a Minox and a roll of expired Minopan 100, so I have been shamed into actually using it one day. As I'm very low on chemicals and I can't just wander into a shop and buy them now and resent paying a courier charge I'm going to test out my bottle pf Rodinal (RO9 actually) on a cut down roll of Vista 200. Despite claims to the contrary, I have proved to myself that RO9 doesn't have a long shelf life and when it deteriorates it goes through a step function from 'working fine' to 'useless'. I've gone so far as to use my bulk loader to make a roll of about 10 shot Vista 200. All I need now is a bit of motivation to go out and shoot some test frames and test the RO9. Exactly what I would do with any Minox negatives, I don't know, as no amount of fettling could make my Minolta Scan Dual II accept them.

stevelmx5 likes this.
  22. mothdust

mothdust

Name:
    Charlotte
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    @NickT worth trying a "lightbox and digital camera in a dark room" method for digitising maybe?

23. NickT

NickT

Edit My Images:
    No
  24. stevelmx5

stevelmx5

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I scanned my Minox negatives using my Sony A6000 with Olympus OM Zuiko 50/3.5 Macro and 3 extension tubes. I laid the negatives flat on a light box and shot them using a tripod and remote control app on my phone.

25. stevenelawson

stevenelawson

Edit My Images:
    No
    Olympus XA2 and Fomapan 400. Glasgow street art

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    stevelmx5 and abdoujaparov like this.
  26. stevenelawson

stevenelawson

Edit My Images:
    No
    Top dog, Byers Road, Glasgow. Olympus OM2n, Fuji Acros 100 IMG_1490039239.393011.jpg

27. stevenelawson

stevenelawson

Edit My Images:
    No
    IMG_1490039699.536789.jpg IMG_1490039713.209951.jpg IMG_1490039745.629244.jpg
    Glasgow scenes, Olympus XA2, Fomapan 400

Peter B, FishyFish, Mr Badger and 4 others like this.
  28. Steven001

Steven001

Name:
    Steven
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Those are great Steven, I love the contrast from the Fomapan 400.

29. stevenelawson

stevenelawson

Edit My Images:
    No
    Disappointing outcome.
    I was in the Botanic Gardens in Glasgow's west end when I saw this young woman taking a selfie, replicating the pose of one of the marble statues.
    I asked if she'd mind me taking her photo, and she was happy to pose for me.
    Only problem was, I had just walked in from the cold and didn't notice slight fogging on the lens of my OM2, which resulted in this soft image. Lesson learned. Acros 100, BTW.
    IMG_1490040285.709402.jpg

30. stevenelawson

stevenelawson

Edit My Images:
    No
    Thanks Steven. The grain is quite noticeable but I quite like it. My first time using it but I'll buy more.

31. Steven001

Steven001

Name:
    Steven
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    That's a shame about the fog! I don't think it entirely ruins the image though, it's still a great capture.

Would you recommend the OM2? I'm impressed by the detail it's captured!

32. stevenelawson

stevenelawson

Edit My Images:
    No
    IMG_1490040994.264572.jpg IMG_1490041007.763922.jpg IMG_1490041023.756043.jpg
    Olympus OM2n, Fuji Acros 100.

33. stevenelawson

stevenelawson

Edit My Images:
    No
    This was the first roll I put through it and, yes, I'm very happy with it. It came with a 50mm prime, but I've since bought a 28mm and a 135mm prime too. It's a lovely camera.

34. Steven001

Steven001

Name:
    Steven
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I meant to say the XA2 sorry! The OM2 is a but more than I want to spend just now.

35. stevenelawson

stevenelawson

Edit My Images:
    No
    Ha ha..
    This was also the first roll through the XA2, which I got from West Yorkshire Cameras for £39. It's a neat little zone focus camera with a featherlight shutter release that takes some getting used to, but it's an ideal street shooter. Plenty around at decent prices, too.

36. Strappy

Strappy

Name:
    Dean
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I think Olympus lenses are some of the best for capturing detail but the problem I found with OM cameras is that they're so small, I had trouble using them comfortably with my paws and sausage fingers. Shame because they're ideal as travel cameras.

37. simon ess

simon ess

Edit My Images:
    No
    The XA2 is, without a doubt, the greatest camera ever conceived of by man.

Designed by a genius with mystical knowledge that Newton could only dream of.

The onions dance at midnight.

RaglanSurf and mothdust like this.
  38. stevenelawson

stevenelawson

Edit My Images:
    No
    They are dainty, I agree, but then I've only got small/medium sized mitts, so they suit me The XA2 and OM2 are my first Olympus cameras and so far I'm loving the results I'm getting

39. droj

droj

Name:
    Rog
    Edit My Images:
    No
    It's lenses that record detail, rather than cameras. A camera's just a light-tight box. But Olympus lenses of that vintage were pretty good!

As for the OM2 in particular, in my view it's overly complex which can prejudice its usability / durability. An OM1 might be a better bet (I like simplicity). But even then, you might consider that despite the Olympus M-series being very pretty cameras, their ergonomics aren't the best unless you have a contortionist's fingers and wrists. It's not just about the width of your fingers - it's about where you're required to put them! Unless you just want to just use auto, but even then ...

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    excalibur2 likes this.
  40. Steven001

Steven001

Name:
    Steven
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Hi Droj, I know it's the lens that records the detail :) I meant to type the XA2 which has a built in lens and as oposed to the OM2.