Show us yer film shots then!

Now @Andysnap, it can't be both the north Cornish coast AND Minack, as the latter is on the south coast... I think you're shooting from Minack towards Logan Rock... I don't remember what the rest of the headland is called!

Now @Andysnap, it can't be both the north Cornish coast AND Minack, as the latter is on the south coast... I think you're shooting from Minack towards Logan Rock... I don't remember what the rest of the headland is called!

Well it would appear that I'm not only colour blind but direction blind as well. :D

Canon Sure Shot Telemax & Ilford HP5+.

This camera has the distinction of being the only film camera in my posession that I've owned since new (my parents bought it for us in the early 90s). This is the first time I've used it in nearly 20 years, I think, and I'm very pleased with just how sharp it is. I'm going to be using this some more I reckon. :)

FILM - Things seen from passing trains
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Went out with my 'gift' Yashica FR-1 fitted with a 'Fish-Eye' attachment i was given years ago by a Lady member of the Pentax Club of Great Britain. it screws into 52mm filter size lenses. I used teh Yashica ML 28mm f2.8 lens at full aperture with 2005 dated 'Tudor' ( FUJI) 100 film rated 64 ASA and home-processed in C41.
Fish-Eye by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

I've just got two rolls of expired Velvia 100 (of unknown heritage!) back from AG that I shot in Florida, along with my first ever roll of Cinestill 800T. I took my untested Olympus 35C which has some scratches on the front element so that will account for the crazy flare in the centre (I really should have used a lens hood!) and the colour shift is down to the Velvia age.

1 - Epcot golf ball - Cinestill 800T

Olympus 35RC - Cinestill 800T by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

2 - Magic Kingdom - Halloween Party - Cinestill 800T

3 - Hollywood Studios - Cinestill 800T

I've just got two rolls of expired Velvia 100 (of unknown heritage!) back from AG that I shot in Florida, along with my first ever roll of Cinestill 800T. I took my untested Olympus 35C which has some scratches on the front element so that will account for the crazy flare in the centre (I really should have used a lens hood!) and the colour shift is down to the Velvia age.

1 - Epcot golf ball - Cinestill 800T

2 - Magic Kingdom - Halloween Party - Cinestill 800T

3 - Hollywood Studios - Cinestill 800T

Loving the colours in those Steve.

Snap !

bit of bollard adjustment been goin on since though

301d3zt.jpg

You should have gone down to the river behind Wilberforce house, the heritage museum and on towards the deep, sweet walk along there with the mud banks, boats, bridges and maritime architecture.
This particular picture is made famous by somebody who's name completely escapes me at the moment...:ROFLMAO: and I don't mean one of the mirriad of digi shots on google

It smashes my box in when I shoot something I like only later to see it come up in some film legends portfolio who's been dead 50 years....:ROFLMAO:, I might as well give up.

Last edited:
You should have gone down to the river behind Wilberforce house, the heritage museum and on towards the deep, sweet walk along there with the mud banks, boats, bridges and maritime architecture.
This particular picture is made famous by somebody who's name completely escapes me at the moment...:ROFLMAO: and I don't mean one of the mirriad of digi shots on google

It smashes my box in when I shoot something I like only later to see it come up in some film legends portfolio who's been dead 50 years....:ROFLMAO:, I might as well give up.

I didn't have that much time unfortunately, plus it kept raining quite heavily (as you can see in my photo), so didn't get to the water's edge at all. It's a place I'd like to visit again though, definitely.

My original plan was just a shot of the empty cobbled street (and I do have another shot like that that I might post later, taken from a slightly lower POV), but then, after I took that one, I spotted a person come out of one of the houses on the right with an umbrella and it was too good an opportunity to miss. :)

Strange update. I picked up an original 35RC lens hood from ebay that arrived today to deal with future flare. In true backwards fashion I then checked the scratches on the lens, and found nothing but some light cleaning marks (I was sure there were scratches!). After that, I took a proper look at the Velvia slides on a lightbox and the exposure/sharpness/contrast looks spot on with no flare at all so it looks like the problem is caused by poor scanning

I’m going to get on to AG Photo on Monday about re-scanning them. I haven’t got my own scanner any more otherwise I’d just do them myself.

On a positive note, it’s reassuring to see the 35RC performed as it should and I’ve now got a lens hood too [emoji3]

It was shot with a Chamonix 4x5 so they won’t let me post it [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

I don't think there is a limitation there, Neil. Some 4*5 shots already posted!

Back