Show us yer film shots then!

Ok so it’s a wet print ( very much so in this pic lol) but it’s a film shot!
Other than photographing or scanning the prints there’s no other way to share.
Anyway this was taken in Sussex earlier this year using a Canham DLC 45.
T’was another very awkward composure to achieve but well worth it I think.
What do you guys reckon?
I’ve yet to scan the negative and possibly inkjet print but tbh I doubt that I’ll get a better result.

View attachment 264186
That's an absolute cracker of a shot Asha, and you've really nailed the print as well. Great work. :notworthy:

Ok so it’s a wet print ( very much so in this pic lol) but it’s a film shot!
Other than photographing or scanning the prints there’s no other way to share.
Anyway this was taken in Sussex earlier this year using a Canham DLC 45.
T’was another very awkward composure to achieve but well worth it I think.
What do you guys reckon?
I’ve yet to scan the negative and possibly inkjet print but tbh I doubt that I’ll get a better result.

View attachment 264186
I love it Asha!.

The last frame on the last film from my Canon Tlb (bought for £16; sold for rather more :naughty:)

Canal Walk tunnel under Farnsby Street Swindon Canon TLb 0310_33.jpg

Some years ago I was given a bulk tin of strange Fuji 'Surveicolor 400' film and I tried it out in my Asahi Pentax Spotmatic-F then forgot about it in the depths of my film fridge -- so i found a couple of cassettes cut from the bulk and tried it out in my OM=1 . I took a couple on the Zuiko Zoom 75-150mm f4 and rest on a Tamron SP 500mm f8 and cut and processed a 12 exp length . Result : at 200ASA the first couple of wooden figures were good but all the Tamron ones were very 'thin' same as I had found using that lens on a Pentax ME Super -- so it seems the 'Mirror Lens' construction does not give accurate exposure with TTL readings.
Avaiable light. Zuiko Zoom 75-150mm f4 at f8 on tripod
2019-12-29-0001.jpg2019-12-29-0002.jpg

I took this in the Everglades, in late 70s, with my AE1. I was about a foot from this Cottonmouth. My wife almost had a hissy fit. I know it's not a great shot, but it felt so cool to be so close;

Image (76) Cottonmouth.jpg

Last edited:
Just ONE from the Tamron SP 500mm f8 mirror lens on my OM-1 + outdated Fuji 'Surveicolor 400' the rest were too under-exposed to show. This was a weird character in Brentwood High Street -- not sure what they were up to. I used a monopod and about 25 feet away in dull light at 1/125th second.
2019-12-30-0001.jpg

Starting the year off as I mean to go on.... I put a roll through the Nikon F4s on New Years Day.
Delta 400 shot at 1600 - developed in DDX @24c.
My son who's grown quite a bit since I first joined the forum ... been a tough year last year with him due to his mental health and finally being diagnosed with a (long standing) eating disorder (unfortunately not one I have much knowledge about as he has 'avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder').

1578072229368.png

And here he was back in 2014... also taken with a Nikon F4s
1578072315788.png

Serious thinking about getting a Holga now

what have you done...

:D

Why bother when you could buy a vintage Coronet Twelve 20, or something like that, for half the price? I can never understand why people buy a new chunk of plastic when vintage box cameras are still sitting there gathering dust in most 'antiques' centres and junk shops, just waiting to be bought and enjoyed again?

Here's a photo from around 1979 taken with a Twelve 20 on Kodak Ektachrome slide film... with all the camera shake, vignette softness and light leaks you could wish for. Expect to pay around £10 to £15 (or less) for one these days... or perhaps £1 from a car boot sale at closing time? :)

Last edited:
That's very kind of you, I'm happy to pay postage and costs, etc

I'll have a look tomorrow when I get back from work.
To be honest it isn't exactly heavy so won't cost a lot to post, so it's no problem... but I will put a 'for sale/give away' thread up and tag you just to keep it all above board.

Why bother when you could buy a vintage Coronet Twelve 20, or something like that, for half the price? I can never understand why people buy a new chunk of plastic when vintage box cameras are still sitting there gathering dust in most 'antiques' centres and junk shops, just waiting to be bought and enjoyed again?

Here's a photo from around 1979 taken with a Twelve 20 on Kodak Ektachrome slide film... with all the camera shake, vignette softness and light leaks you could wish for. Expect to pay around £10 to £15 (or less) for one these days... or perhaps £1 from a car boot sale at closing time? :)

I paid less than £20 for my fully boxed with all bits Holga (and I got a roll of Pro 400H included in the price), so you don’t have to pay much for them.

I don’t have anything against box cameras, and this isn’t a “Holgas are better” post, but I do think the Holga has a few advantages IMO: It has a standard, if basic, optical viewfinder that is easy to use when compared with the mirrored or bright finders in box cameras (especially if they’re dirty or de-silvered); it has changeable focus; the (approx) 1/100sec shutter speed is faster than most box cameras, so camera shake is mostly avoidable (unless you’re an idiot like me and accidentally shoot three rolls in bulb mode by mistake! :D). Coupled with the standard SLR-like form factor, it means it’s very easy to take photos with.

In your opinion, is this photo worth reworking and if so, what would you do ( besides cloning out the barrier bottom right hand corner) ?

I've done very minor PP and now I'm unsure wether to spend more time on it tbh

I like the atmospheric feel to it yet feel that perhaps it is missing something.

EDIT, I forgot to mention this was taken using the Intrepid 10x8 ;)

Sans titre-1 Retouched small file.jpg

Last edited:
In your opinion, is this photo worth reworking and if so, what would you do ( besides cloning out the barrier bottom right hand corner) ?

I've done very minor PP and now I'm unsure wether to spend more time on it tbh

I like the atmospheric feel to it yet feel that perhaps it is missing something.

View attachment 264780
I think you've pretty much cracked that this is about the feel of the shot, so it's hard to give advice that might be useful. I can spend ages playing with curves and contrast and still never be happy with a photo, although I'm wondering if a sepia or warm tone in PP might give a different result here? :thinking:

I think you've pretty much cracked that this is about the feel of the shot, so it's hard to give advice that might be useful. I can spend ages playing with curves and contrast and still never be happy with a photo, although I'm wondering if a sepia or warm tone in PP might give a different result here? :thinking:

Have a play with it Peter and post up a result....I'm interested to see what other folk can get from it.

I'm on my way out, this time with a 4x5 outfit, so will look forward to seeing your masterpiece posted upon my return!:LOL:

Back