Show us yer film shots then!

Three more from my favourite local walking path Causey Gorge in County Durham
(Nikon F6 +24/120 Nikon AFS & Fuji 200 Film Direct scan) Over 90 feet wide and 80 feet above the stream below

Attachments

• Causey Arch.jpg
    Causey Arch.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 19
  • A long way down.jpg
    A long way down.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 19
  • I feel quite naked like this.jpg
    I feel quite naked like this.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 20
Gosh. Some truly astonishing photography on here, gents. Film is truly and well alive, and that's also thanks to people like you. Hats off!
Agreed. One of my favourite threads in the Forum. Long may it continue…. :)

Wards Ales, that brings back memories it was one of my favourite beers when I was a youngster living in South Yorkshire. (y) (y)
I was never a fan. I remember once taking two different pints back to the bar because they'd gone off. The second time, the barman took a sip and told me it was meant to taste like that. :LOL:

I've not taken anything on film in years, so this is a throwback to 2017. I wasn't too keen on this shot originally, as the woman turned around just as i was taking the shot (she heard me wind the film on), but after several years, i now like it.
Playa De Las Americas, Tenerife 2017. Canon AE-1 Kodak Colour Plus 200.

Attachments

• R1-07932-016AKodak C+ 200.jpg
    R1-07932-016AKodak C+ 200.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 15
You still have Tetenal E6?
I haven't been able to get that for years.

Can I ask what scanning software you use?
I developed that shot last year when I still had some Tetenal left, all gone now.

I use VueScan for all my scanning. (for C-41 film I use ColorPerfect as well)

Wet print with a bit of dodging on the grass and burning on the sky.
Ilford multigrade RC Pearl

View attachment 416513
This picture looks a bit 'overcooked' with no real whites which I would expect in the clouds and the print looks to be over exposed. In my mind there would have been a good bit of selective dodging to bring out the best.

However

Having looked at it on another screen it looks perfectly acceptable so that just proves never really judge a print by a computer screen

Last edited:
This picture looks a bit 'overcooked' with no real whites which I would expect in the clouds and the print looks to be over exposed. In my mind there would have been a good bit of selective dodging to bring out the best.

However

Having looked at it on another screen it looks perfectly acceptable so that just proves never really judge a print by a computer screen
There’s white(not like paper white on the right side of the building). That’s how the scene was in reality, kind of cloudy and the sun was beaming on the building. I’m actually surprised how well the film handled the contrast of the scene. Belfast weather is crazy, it can shift in minutes..
But then again after looking at it you’re right the clouds need some more white on the edges.

A bit of a mixed bunch this time. The two B&W of Motisfont Abbey in Hampshire were taken around 2000 using my very lost cassette of Kodak High Speed IR Rated at the box speed of 400 (always a bit of a chance with IR) Dev in ID 11 And taken with a Nikon F3HP and a 28mm lens.

The 2nd pair of B&W were taken in January 2016 near the Yorkshire market town of Borough Bridge next to the frozen River Ure. These too were on my last cassette I ever used of Kodak 100 Tmax, I remember because of the high contrast the film was rated at 80 and the development in ID11 diluted 1-1 was pulled by a minute or so.

Both sets printed on MG5 pearl'

The three colour prints were from a motorcycle tour in Europe in 2017 at the stage I had passed through Italy and climbed over over the Stelvio Pass (9045ft) and entered Switzerland in the area of Graubunden. The descent of the Grimsel Pass was taken from the summit (7099ft)Before that I had just ridden over the Furka Pass ((7099ft} (I have a picture of that but I was only allowed to upload 6 images.+At the very end of the road from Grimsel is ultimately Interlaken.

The camera was my Nikon F6 with a 28/105 AFD the fil would have been Fuji 200 devd inFuji Chemicals and printed on Fuji paper

Under each image it indicates they were developed in Rodinal which is incorrect so please ignore - I don't know how that managed to sneak in

Attachments

• Descent from the Grimsel Pass.jpg
    Descent from the Grimsel Pass.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 17
  • The descent from Stelvio Pass.jpg
    The descent from Stelvio Pass.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 17
  • Winter 2016 02.jpg
    Winter 2016 02.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Winter 2016 01.jpg
    Winter 2016 01.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Motisfont Abbey, 002.jpg
    Motisfont Abbey, 002.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Motisfont Abbey, 001.jpg
    Motisfont Abbey, 001.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Lovely images @Rodinal
Excellent @FishyFish that would be a great entry for “industrial” theme.

(A1 South)
Canon T50, 50/1.8. Kodak Pro Image 100, expired 2020. The film had very odd colour shift which I couldn't quite fix. Anyway, this was the first film with this newly acquired camera, at last it proves the camera works.

1913_T50_Seahouses-024.JPG

Back