Show us yer film shots then!

Who was the guy building his own panoramic camera to take 120 film? I'm sure it was a 6x17 or something similar and was being machined out of plastic. Wonder if it ever got finished?

Oh no. Nononononono. You're not getting me like that... I've not been well you know :(

(What lens did he use?)

Looks cool, but I'd baulk at the lens price :(

Maybe an xPan clone though... could use a standard 120 lens for that...

Couple of Provia 100 shots from my RB67:
4413790881_9cc273aa6d.jpg

4414538040_38b8fb224d.jpg

Why leaf shutters are awesome - this was taken handheld

Couple of Portra 160VC shots from the RB67:
4408876305_263396d62b.jpg

4408866783_25ab08c5b3.jpg

Damned Fuji super colour again! I just put a roll in the Elan so I can get some colour like this too! I also know that the man with the processing lab has all-Fuji kit for that too :D

That blue on the lake in #1 is just outstanding, it's almost fluorescing!

4463780353_fe55310744_o.jpg
[/QUOTE]

LOVE this picture! :)

Looks cool, but I'd baulk at the lens price :(

Maybe an xPan clone though... could use a standard 120 lens for that...

... watch this space :D

Arthur

PS - or maybe watch that one in the corner...

Cheers for the comments on the shots I posted. It's worth having a read on the net about the Xpan and what it can do. It's basically a rangefinder which has the ability to shoot a double width frame on 35mm film. There's a switch on the back that allows it to shoot a regular frame but if I were wanting to do that, I would get a smaller camera. It is a rugged wide contraption. It has some fairly 'modern' features such as aperture priority as well as manual, and the film advance is motorised. A tiny digital display on the back for frames remaining, shutter speed etc.

This is one I took on £1 shop Kodak ColorPlus 200, effectively removing the 'Velvia factor'!!:D

3927152154_666fac3a7a_o.jpg

I'm also an xpan user :) My main issue though, is scanning! How do you scan?* I've got a coolscan V, but means I have to scan in parts and stitch, which is slow and irritating (ok, I'm just lazy!).

Another problem was when I bring my negs into a shop for dev-only, sometimes they cut my photos in half :bang:

Last edited:
Really liking this, it's my kind of shot

Photo16_13.jpg

Another problem was when I bring my negs into a shop for dev-only, sometimes they cut my photos in half :bang:

I got fed up with having my negs butchered so now I ask them not to cut them.

Last edited:
What, crooked? Or Pink? :LOL:

Arthur

PS - I should point out that I like all these though for some reason #3 is the favourite.

I'm also an xpan user :) My main issue though, is scanning! How do you scan?* I've got a coolscan V, but means I have to scan in parts and stitch, which is slow and irritating (ok, I'm just lazy!).

I scan with an Epson V500 flatbed. Turn of the thumbnail feature when previewing and manually draw the mask with the mouse. I'm using the Epson scanning software which was provided. Dead easy and no stitching.

I tried stitching when Asda cut my xpan frames in half once. It didn't work well!!

This is my first roll through a Bronica I bought from a user on these forums, 'Alpina'. I think he'd got it from another user here too.

A cracker. Oustanding quality, shot on Kodak Ektar 100.

4483390493_5ddd3983ea.jpg

Last edited:
Hey folks, only just noticed this thread so thought id stick up a few of my film shots. There all 35mm and i developed them all myself at uni then scanned with a coolscan i think.

Ilford Delta 100, from a fashion project looking at male identity as an outsider.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Fuji Neopan 1600, just snaps at home.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Ilford HP5, project im doing about a graveyard where all the headstones are held up with scaffolding

Hosted on Fotki

Some great shots there Adam, particularly the first two.

I polished off a couple of rolls of Kodak Ektar in London over the last couple of days and sadly the weather was less than ideal. I've also got a roll of Ilford FP4+ I need to get processed, but ran these colour rolls through Boots this morning and they seem to have come out OK.

Anyhow, here's a selection, taken on my Canon EOS 100 with either nifty fifty or 28-105 f/3.5-4.5 USM fitted:

4483605209_6d88d1212c_o.jpg

4484289926_d83d50a8f5_o.jpg

4483646307_8abaa89416_o.jpg

and an Easter shot to finish the roll off this morning:

4484306914_34773b385d_o.jpg

My current roll is taking quite a while to shoot so I thought I'd add some old shots. Tri-x in ilfosol 3.

4426850579_971f649b19.jpg

4426841293_fc60466234.jpg

4351936875_da1d5a4b32.jpg

Last edited:
bugger the film, I want the camera
possessed.gif

Thats a cracking shot! lovely colours and really striking. Hmm, must get me some of that film!

I've been lurking a while so here's a few - Olympus Trip 35 ("who do you think you are? David Bailey?"), an out of date German Kodak 200 film and Boots developing... total investment about £10.

img269.jpg

img265.jpg

img259.jpg

img264-1.jpg

img267-1.jpg

Last edited:
and now... a bit of B&W. Nikon F3HP, Nikkor 17-35mm f2.8 and Ilford FP4 - D&P at Ilford. Investment? A lot more than the last set...

Just goes to show that money doesn't make much difference to street 'togging.

img125tif.jpg

img152tif.jpg

img151tif.jpg

img143tif.jpg

img142tif.jpg

Last edited:
I like your eye Mike, a great set of colour and bw views - but the first two bw look a tad harsh for FP4... any pp?

Arthur

I like your eye Mike, a great set of colour and bw views - but the first two bw look a tad harsh for FP4... any pp?

Arthur

Thx Arthur. I've got them out of order now I've resized them but basically they were cropped slightly in PP. However the scanning is a bit random so that's more likely the cause.

I have just taken a film of nudes, non nudes and candids at the Lencarta studio day.

cassiefilm100.jpg

The rest of the images are in the nudes section so can't post them here but LINK.

First roll through my new (although still old!) Bronica ETRS. I currently have no viewfinder, hence the fairly crappy framing!

Becky Falls, Manton, Devon. Ilford XP2 400. Developed and printed at AC Colour Labs in Bishopsteignton. Scanned from 5x7 prints. Cropped in PS.

Although not good from a technical standpoint, I'm pleased with the sharpness and contrast of the film as it was essentially just a test run. Also seems as though using my DSLR as a light meter seemed to work. :)

Can't wait to try out some slide film, although I'll need to invest in some decent NDs and grads first.

About a third of this roll had what looks to be shutter leaks - but that's for another thread.

Last edited:
Just an odd one from the test reel through my New (old) Canon A-1

shot on Fuji Sensia 200, home processed in Tetenal kit, Scanned with Canonscan 8800F/Silverfast SE.

Pity it was a bit of a something-and-nothing day, as I was enjoying using the A-1, and would happily have run another film.

Back